Hi guys,
I am brand new to the forum. I am a 24 year old male. I have light skin (I'm a redhead...both hair and face I guess lol) I'm not sure how long I've had Rosacea, but basically it hasn't become a problem until age 18. Looking back at pictures from my childhood, I always had rosy cheeks. However, back in those days, I wasn't even aware of it, nor did it bother me. For the last 4 or 5 years, the redness has driven me insane, almost to the point where it's ruined my recent years of living. I also have had my share of acne problems, but it has always been in the lower chin and forehead area. It never affects my cheeks. The skin on my cheeks in smooth and normal, it's just hot and red.

My first question is that is it normal for a person with Rosacea to blush SO easily? This might sound like a stupid question, but I have read that severe blushing can actually be a form of hyperhydrosis in the face. Well this gets me thinking it could be that as well because I in fact do also suffer from sweaty palms and feet (palmar and plantar hyperhydrosis). It might turn out that I have rosacea and suffer from hyperhydrosis. Since the nerves along my spine already cause my hands to sweat, those same nerves could also cause the blushing. If I am embarrassed, or excited, or angry, my cheeks flare up instantly. It's not pretty. I get that Rosacea gives you permanent redness, but the I'm not so sure it should be causing me to blush so easily. I think blushing is probably the worst part about my condition. Even worse than having a permanent redness on my cheeks.

My second question has to do with being exposed to heat. It seems that my #1 enemy in regards to Rosacea is the sun. A close #2 is heat in general. Anywhere I go, especially during the winter, I have to worry about how warm the inside of that place is going to be. Most people, to my distain, love to crank that heat during the cold months. That means a nightmare for me. When the temperature is up, my cheeks are very red. I'm just wondering, is there any kind of way that you have found relief to these types of situations? It seems impossible. I realize that a lot of this battle with Rosacea is mental, but when it comes to heated environments, there's no way around it. You can be as mentally strong as you want, but if it's hot, I'm going to be flared up. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it's insanely uncomfortable. I absolutely despise being flared up, even if I'm by myself. A little bit of redness is completely fine. But the levels of red my cheeks go during times of heat, stress, or embarassment go way too far.

My third question has to do with V Beam lasers. I have already had 3 treatments. The first seemed to be somewhat affective, I had some purple bruising that went away. The second one for some reason had no bruising, and didn't seem to do anything. The third one the Dr. made sure I bruised, big time. That seemed to make a lot of improvement, but not nearly enough. I've concluded that for at least me anyway, the more bruising, the more effective. For those of you having experience with V Beam, would you say its accurate that it takes 5 or 6 big bruising treatments to achieve desired results? I really do not want to have to keep going back for treatment throughout my life. I want to do the necessary amount of treatments, get it right, and move on with my life. I don't even know if that's possible though. Basically, I have to spend about a week in my house without going in public to let the bruising heal. By the way, if anybody could share what they paid for one V Beam treatment I'd appreciate it. Right now I pay $725 per treatment. That seems way too much to me. It could be time to look for a new dermatologist to perform it.

If anybody could help with some advice or answers from their experiences, I'd appreciate it. It's been a rough 5 or so years solely due to redness/flarups/blushing. I'm in great fear that I won't be able to make this right and the rest of my life will be of low-quality. I am so depressed. I'm sure most of you can relate. Thanks for you time.