Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who use or used ACV for flaky and/or itchy scalp...

Default For those who use or used ACV for flaky and/or itchy scalp...

...would you mind to answer some questions please?

1 - Did or do you use before or after shampooing?

2 - Did or do you make a new and fresh mixtures only in the day you use it or you make one for a few applications?

3 - Your results?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikcheck View Post
    ...would you mind to answer some questions please?

1 - Did or do you use before or after shampooing?

2 - Did or do you make a new and fresh mixtures only in the day you use it or you make one for a few applications?

3 - Your results?

Thanks a lot!
    I used it after shampooing with a shampoo bar. In the beginning I never rinsed it out, but later on I used to let it sit on hair and scalp for a minute or two before I rinsed.

Yes, a new batch every day. Just poured some ACV in a big Pyrex measuring can and after shampooing I filled it with warm shower water. I tried many different ratios and found that less vinegar is better for me.

The vinegar made the hair feel nice, but after using it together with the shampoo bar for a few months I realized it wasn't good for my hair or scalp. The bar is way too alkaline and the vinegar too acid and it made my scalp ten times worse. It really messed with its pH, making for a good breeding ground for germs and funguses to get a stronger hold. I couldn't stop itching, it was insane.
    I had to stop it all together. My hair also became very stiff and sort of crunchy. I think I might have used it too often ( I really need to wash my hair every day). I might still use the ACV rinse later on, but only once every 2 weeks. And never the shampoo bar again, even though I loved the idea of it being natural. I also loved the feeling of the soap shampooing my hair, but, it's just too stripping of the acid mantel with a pH level of 10 or even higher.

You should find an organic ACV with a "mother" ( matter/residue that accumulates on the bottom in the bottle) as it is suppose to be the best to use. And start using a low ratio and go from there. And don't overdo it as I did. The scalp does best with a pH around 4,5 to 5,5. ACV is lower than that but water makes it higher.

And it doesn't smell anything but clean once the hair is dry so no worries there about smelling like a salad. Good luck and please post your results on how you like it!

Thanks a lot for your reply Rod.

I'm thinking about use it after shampooing in a mix with water/ACV/Tea Tree Oil and leave it for about 1 hour. I'm also thinking about doing this about 3 or 4 times a week. at least in the beginning, because i have a really flay and itchy scalp with redness in the hairline. What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for your reply Rod.

I'm thinking about use it after shampooing in a mix with water/ACV/Tea Tree Oil and leave it for about 1 hour. I'm also thinking about doing this about 3 or 4 times a week. at least in the beginning, because i have a really flay and itchy scalp with redness in the hairline. What do you think?

Thanks a lot!
    The TTO sounds like a great idea, I will try that too in my next rinse! But just a few drops though, since it's very strong. I might also mix in some chamomile tea, or green tea.
    Maybe your scalp can tolerate more frequent ACV rinses than mine. Best way to find out is just to try it out. I think what really messed my scalp up was the shampoo bar, not the ACV. I even tried rinsing with white vinegar, which have an even lower pH than ACV, but even though it made my hair really shiny and smooth, it was just too much for my scalp. But some people say they have better results with the white one because it doesn't contain any residue. For some, the ACV can sort of create a build up in the hair.

Yes. I'll try out when my products arrive.

Do you put ACV elsewhere? I thinking about grabbing a cotton swab, plunge it in ACV and apply it in my other affected areas (forehead, nose and around it).

Yes. I'll try out when my products arrive.

Do you put ACV elsewhere? I thinking about grabbing a cotton swab, plunge it in ACV and apply it in my other affected areas (forehead, nose and around it).
    Other than using vinegar for cleaning my house, no, lol. You could try applying it on a small spot first, just to be cautious, so you don't get a bad reaction. It is pretty strong stuff, undiluted.
    But I did get it over my face as well as I poured it over my head, it stings if it gets into the eyes...I learned that the hard way...

Thanks for your reply Rod.

Well i've already ordered ACV, i really hope it works. This past night, my scalp ( mainly hairline zone) itched so bad and i scratched so much (even though unconsciously, because i was sleeping) that when i woke up, the result of that scratching was a viscous liquid that later formed a yellow crust.

I'm so tired of this
    Last edited by Mikcheck; 23rd December 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks for your reply Rod.

Well i've already ordered ACV, i really hope it works. This past night, my scalp ( mainly hairline zone) itched so bad and i scratched so much (even though unconsciously, because i was sleeping) that when i woke up, the result of that scratching was a viscous liquid that later formed a yellow crust.

I'm so tired of this

I hear ya, it's terrible! I hope you find much relief with the ACV!

ACV failed! TTO failed! They are as useless as our neighbour's dog.

Hello Freak.

Do did you try it? And did you find something that works for you?