Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinted moisturizer

Default Tinted moisturizer

I have type 2 rosacea, and am a 34 y/o male. I have good control over my rosacea with use of Vbeam in the past, and I currently use metro gel and Olay complete sensitive moisturizer/sunblock. I have great results but the Olay moisturizer sunblock makes my face look really pale. I've been experimenting with mixing tinted moisturizer sunblock with the Olay complete to decrease the whiteness/paleness from the zinc. So far I've tried Neutrogena tinted moisturizer sunblock as well as tinted Zinco, both of which start to give me more papules and pustules. All other brands appear to have fragrance or have chemical barriers which are not good for rosacea. It's so frustrating. Is there anyone with type 2 rosacea who has found a tinted moisturizer which doesn't make their papules and pustules break out? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dram View Post
    Is there anyone with type 2 rosacea who has found a tinted moisturizer which doesn't make their papules and pustules break out? Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Laura Mercier has a good SPF 20 tinted moisturizer. I use the regular one but there's also an oil free one.

Red face Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is the best

If you find that the foundations are not good for your skin , or simply no longer have this much makeup, aTinted moisturizer is a perfect solution . With many women who want a more natural look to your skin , Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer is ideal for providing a pure touch , lightweight hint of color
    Last edited by man_from_mars; 18th March 2014 at 12:35 PM.

Herbal choice mari is actually the best to mix with olay complete, or that is my opinion anyways...

i will add the 3rd vote for laura mercier. after my Dx, it was one of the few things i actually could use. laura has rosacea herself and her formulas do not disappoint.

if you are wanting to simply add some color to your regular sunblock, (i.e., mix a product with your sunblock) you might need one of her foundations because of it's higher content of pigment than a tinted moisturizer. if you are wanting to replace your sunblock, then any of her tinted moisturizers would likely work as they all contain a full spectrum SPF. there are a few choices including a creme compact, all of which are worth sampling and her sales staff is awesome with helping to match colors and provide samples.

best of luck to you!

I've had good results with Jane Iredale tinted moisturizer and pressed powder. It's expensive - but has has made a big difference in toning down the red and hasn't inflamed my face or caused breakouts.

i can second the iredale recommendation as well. iredale and mercier are my BFFs when dealing with a bad case of red face.

I'll have to take a peek at the Mercier moisturizer too.

I've actually found that tinted moisturizers don't hydrate my skin enough, and the fact that I'm so pale means a lot of the ranges don't produce a shade light enough for me. Something that has changed my life is P20 sun cream. It's a little more expensive than regular sun creams but the fact that you only need to apply it once a day more than makes up for that, I'd say. It means that you can put your make up on over the top and not have to worry about reapplying. After the P20 (which is moisturising in itself) I use Eucerin replenishing face cream with 5% urea (I know, but it seems to do the trick!). I find my skin gets used to one moisturizer so I tend to mix it up a bit with the Eucerin anti-redness night cream (but I use it during the day). After spending an embarrassing amount of money on different creams and combinations, this is the one that works for me, so hopefully it will help someone else too!

I LOVE the laura mercier one, it is amazing.
    its flawless, doesn't cause breakouts, and is so smooth! And oil free.