Thread: Acetium

Default Acetium

Hello,

I've been having rosacea for over 10 years. I am now 35 years old male. Lately my symptoms has been insane flushing all over my face, not on my forehead though. I am eating 150mg tetrasylal once a day. It dont help with the flushing, put keeps pimples away. So then i tried non dairy and glutein free diet. Helped a bit, but not enough.

So i read through the hole SIBO thread and put 1+1. I think i have it, because the symptoms are better on my diet but still had some flushing. Until I started taking Acetium. Check out the link, because my english is pretty bad. Acetium is designed to remove aceteldahyde, and if you have nonacid stomach, then aceteldahyde is pretty bad for you. It is bad anyways, but with low stomach acid its way worse.

Anyway I've been taking it for 1 week everytime i eat, and no flushing at all!! Im still on the diet also. Worth to try

There seem to be supply problems with this product, in the UK at least.

As the active ingredient in Acetium is merely the amino acid cysteine then buying unbranded cysteine capsules should be acceptable for your own use. If you dislike the nauseating odour/taste of cysteine a simple derivative, acetylcysteine, is available easily and is somewhat more pleasant to consume.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    There seem to be supply problems with this product, in the UK at least.

As the active ingredient in Acetium is merely the amino acid cysteine then buying unbranded cysteine capsules should be acceptable for your own use. If you dislike the nauseating odour/taste of cysteine a simple derivative, acetylcysteine, is available easily and is somewhat more pleasant to consume.
    Yes, but if i understand the difference between just taking cystein and acetium is that acetium starts working in your stomach (where aseteldahyde is being produced) and plain cystein in your bowel where it just do not do the same effect.

There are plenty of research going on about, here is a the link i was referring to but didnt put on my first message

http://www.biohithealthcare.com/scie...ion-on-acetium

The Acetium literature refers to dietary cysteine - that is cysteine present in foods, namely proteins, from which it requires to be released by the digestive processes.

Hello,

Thanks hoffe your post.

I have used Acetium almost a week now and I can say that from the first day my flushes have almost all gone. Skin feel and looks much better and calms down much faster. Even when I take hot baths skin stays quite pale. Before Acetium my hot bath flushes have been very hard and red plants has appeared near my eyes.

My background: I have suffered abnormal flushing about 8 years. My rosacea (diagnosed 2008) is subtype 1. My problem has been especially flushing (stress, exercise, baths, alcohol or no special reason). Moreover skin has looked ďmessyĒ and weak.

I have also diagnosed acid reflux (2007) and SIBO (2010). Since that I changed my diet radically which has helped a lot. But I assume I have still at least small amount candida and bad bacterium.

At this moment Iím sure my flushes are connected to acetaldehyde. Usually acetaldehyde is linked to alcohol but I drink very rarely alcohol. My diet is also healthy, so it could be candida/bacterial overgrowth can do this harm also another way. And maybe there is some other toxins/carcinogenes which works same way as acetaldehyde do(?)

Some people in Finland use regularly Acetium (finnish product) to prevent hangover. Few these posters has said Acetium works better than L-cysteine supplements. But I do not have more prove that.

I have order L-cysteine tablets, hopefully I can try those next week. Maybe some of you get relief from Acetium/L-cysteine like me.

Take care,
    Sepi

Hi sepi,

do you still use Acetium?

Quote Originally Posted by babadah View Post
    Hi sepi,

do you still use Acetium?
    Hey,

I havenít used acetium after 2014. If I remember right I used it about 4 months but after that I didnít need it anymore. Late 2013 acetium helped me a lot Ė maybe because at that time my gut problems was so bad (leaky gut, candida etc.). But when I got these issues better control there was no need for acetium.

2014 summer I used peppermint gels and they helped me also Ė so I had propably SIBO those time (not diagnosed). I tried also Rifaximin but I didnít notice anything after using it.

Summa summarum: In my case managing gut problems has been extremely important way to ease rosacea problems.

One intresting finding: late 2014 I did essential mineral test - it was hair test and it is little bit controversial in a scientific sense, but anyway test result showed that I had HUGE deficiency of boron. After that I took boron regularly and it made my feeling much more relaxed and helped ease flushings. It does something in the gut but I don't know exactly what.