Thread: Loss of eyelashes

Default Loss of eyelashes

Hi all,

I have two questions and I would really appreciate it if someone took the time to give me an answer.

One year ago I got what i think it is a stye. My eyelid became swollen and a white head came on my upper eyelid. I was really stupid to pop it like a zit, two times. After a couple of months I got surgery for this but there is still a bump on my eyelid. It becomes red when I rub it. Is the stye still there and can it completely be removed without permanent eyelash loss?

Also, I notice a discrepancy in eyelash density between my two eyes. The infected one has a one-third less eyelashes it seems, and the eyelashes are a little bit shorter but not much. Is this caused by the infection and they will never grow back? If unsure, how big is the chance that this is a natural discrepancy or caused by the infection? There is no gap where there are no eyelashes at all, just density. Also far away from the red nodule, close to the side of my nose there is also less eyelashes, which may be a sign that it is natural? And is there a cure to get the density back?

Thanks in advance guys!

Do not worry dear, we loose eyelashes caused by number of reasons and infection is one of them. But now their are number of products you can use to get your eyelashes back. But before going for any of product must consult to a doctor, their are number of serums available in the market which definitely help in the growth of your eyelashes. Hey you can browse this link "Best Lash Growth Products" , here you will get to know the biology of eyelashes, tips & treatments to get them back.

Quote Originally Posted by tartaar View Post
    Hi all,

I have two questions and I would really appreciate it if someone took the time to give me an answer.

One year ago I got what i think it is a stye. My eyelid became swollen and a white head came on my upper eyelid. I was really stupid to pop it like a zit, two times. After a couple of months I got surgery for this but there is still a bump on my eyelid. It becomes red when I rub it. Is the stye still there and can it completely be removed without permanent eyelash loss?

Also, I notice a discrepancy in eyelash density between my two eyes. The infected one has a one-third less eyelashes it seems, and the eyelashes are a little bit shorter but not much. Is this caused by the infection and they will never grow back? If unsure, how big is the chance that this is a natural discrepancy or caused by the infection? There is no gap where there are no eyelashes at all, just density. Also far away from the red nodule, close to the side of my nose there is also less eyelashes, which may be a sign that it is natural? And is there a cure to get the density back?

Thanks in advance guys!

on a different note,do you see many severe cases of rosacea in the netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by tartaar View Post
    there is still a bump on my eyelid. It becomes red when I rub it. Is the stye still there and can it completely be removed without permanent eyelash loss?
    I think what you have there may be a chalazion - a remnant of a stye that goes away slowly over time. You can help it along, and sooth your eye and eyelid area, by applying warm compresses (a wash cloth dipped in warm water, or even better, warm water with dissolved epsom salts).

A few years ago I stumbled on this helpful (and also funny!) website about styes and chalazions, by a fellow sufferer sharing what she's learned. http://www.erzo.org/kimberly/health/chalazions.html

Good luck to you.

Thumbs up

I think you should visit your doctor for the checkup of your eyelash bump.
    And great post by zalika thanks for sharing that link.

Quote Originally Posted by moorekalani View Post
    I think you should visit your doctor for the checkup of your eyelash bump.
    And great post by zalika thanks for sharing that link.
    Yes - let me echo that. It's worth going back to the ophthalmologist who treated your stye, or whoever did the surgery, to see whether this is expected as part of the normal course of recovery, whether it should resolve on its own (over how much time?) - or whether you need some further follow-up.

Coconut oil or Vaseline both promote lash growth. She may have sensitivity to certain mascaras, as hard as it would be I would give the lashes a break, use the oils and give them a chance to grow back healthy and strong. I would also suggest false lashes in the meantime. Best of luck to your friend!

Default eyelid regrowth

If you lose or pull out eyelashes during their growth period, you will have to wait for the full cycle to complete itself before new eyelashes will grow.

My husband told me I had a large lump of mascara on my lower lid a few years ago while we were on the way to church and 'no mirror'. I tried to get hold of the clump and managed to yank out 4 eyelashes. It took over a year for them to grow back to half the length of the others. I spent much time on the internet trying to figure out what to do. The answer ended up being......... you've just got to wait.

HINT: If you're older (like me), you tend to lose thickness and some people never regain lost lashes.