Thread: Mama Nature Proskin rosacea series

Default Mama Nature Proskin rosacea series

Hi, I'm a newbie. I've had rosacea for over ten years, started after my last child was about 9 months old. My eyes and scalp are also affected, in fact, I've always had a red, sore and "pimply" ( folliculitis) scalp with hair loss off and on, but it all goes away when I used birth control or was pregnant.

I "cured" my rosacea almost ten years ago, having a series of IPL treatments done. And I've been using Minocykline now for over 5 years, which have kept it under control, especially the scalp, and I've also used Finacea cream for 5+ years that helpt with the "pimples".

I thought I didn't need the antibiotics or Finacea anymore, so end of this summer I quit both. Turned out that wasn't such a good move. My scalp problems came back with a vengeance, I've also had massive shedding. My eyes started to act up in a few days after quitting the Minocykline and I was so bothered with the gritty feeling and redness. My facial redness came back slower but is now in full bloom, my facial bumps came back and now I'm covered in them. I look pretty horrific, forcing me to use thick layers of makeup if I want to go outside the door.

But, I started back on the Mino about one month ago, which helped my eye problems almost at once, but my face is still flushing and the huge zits keep on coming and staying for long periods. I haven't started back up on the Finacea cream yet, it's so expensive, so I'm looking into ordering something cheaper, but the same Azaleic Acid from Canada, online. I will also go back for a series of IPL as soon as I get this under control. But, I was so desperate, and completely believe in the Demodex mite/rosacea theory I ordered this "miracle cream" Proskin from Mama Nature. Pretty expensive, I ordered the facial treatment and the hair treatment on eBay from the UK for over 100 dollar. I just started 2 nights ago, only using it before bedtime, during the day I just started the OTC cream Procacea I bought fairly cheap at Walgreens.

So, yes, I'm hopeful, and hoping to hear some success stories from anyone that uses the Proskin. I'm fearful of the expected worsening of the problem a few days into treatment, which is said is proof it's working, as the mites dies off in the follicles and pores. I hate to think I might have just wasted another 100+ dollars on yet another useless treatment.

So please, bombard me with your success stories! Of course, any information, even negative ones are welcome. Thank you all!

I don't want to jinx anything, but now I have used the creams for 4 nights in a row. My huge pustules/pimples I had on my chin and lip have all dried out, and aren't hurting anymore. There are still red spots there though, which I can camouflage pretty easy.

My skin haven't ( yet) flared up, as in gotten worse. It said that usually will happen on day 3 or 4, if it does. I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones that just bypasses that and go straight for healing of the skin.

A week prior to start using these creams, I tried the OCM ( oil cleansing method) on my face for almost every night for a week. I used half castor oil, half olive oil or almond oil. Now, -that- made my face superred and flakey and made it burn more than ever. Perhaps I killed off most of the mites during that process? I don't know. But it got so bad I just had to stop, my face was killing me, and I did break out more than ever. Which is too bad, I so liked the idea of the OCM. I know castor oil is very drying, so I realize I might used too much of it, and every night might be too often. I might go back later on to try it again, but this time skip the castor oil completely.

Anyone here that uses or have tried this method of cleaning the face, and having rosacea? How did your skin react to it?

I've been reading up some ( a lot) about these Demodex mites. So many conditions seems to be connected to them. Like; keratosis pilaris. I had that real bad as a kid growing up, on my front thighs and back of my lower legs. Real bad. That first got away completely when I first visited a Florida beach and swam in the ocean for 2 weeks when I was 19. But returned soon after when I went back home again.

Now I'm 40+ something, and I don't have KP anywhere anymore.

As a kid, I also had bad cases of eczema on my feet and behind my knees. So bad in fact I had to use steroid creams and my mom got me a little tanning lamp for my areas, which helped some. One time one eczema spot got infected, my whole foot swelled up and I needed antibiotics. The eczema was intensely itchy and looked a lot like psoriasis. But that went away before I hit 20.

Ever since my mid teens I had scalp folliculitis, but that went away for 5 whole years when I went on birth control pills. Only to come back in full force as I stopped them, together with massive shedding.

My hair and skin were all perfect as I was pregnant both times, just to come back as I gave birth, and it was after my last child I got rosacea. Real bad. Super itchy, red as a tomato and pustules even in the middle of my cheeks where I never had a pimple ever before.

I also had a severe case of backne around the same time. Huge red pimples that never went away, once I got one, it just stayed there. Now I realize that must have been folliculitis too. Now my back is cleared up, probably due to long term use of Minocykline.

I think these skin conditions are all very much related, and I'm pretty sure the Demodex are to blame, most likely their gut bacteria they're carrying.
    It seems impossible to totally get rid of them. The only thing one can do is to reduce them and keep up ones regimen indefinently to keep their numbers low. I think that the people like me, that get bad reactions from them have some internal issues, probably genetic, that makes the body respond to their invasion in a negative way.

It's so frustrating, time consuming and expensive. I'm hopeful about my new treatment I'm trying out right now, but, I've been here before; hopeful. Just to be disappointed again. 3 years ago I ordered the ZZ cream and demodex schampoo, used it for months, but with absolutely no success. The only thing that really helped was the IPL treatments and the Finacea gel, but my scalp still acts up with pimples, redness, itchiness and now even flakes. And shedding, which is the most hard thing to deal with out of everything.

Sorry for rambling on, but I really hopes anyone has some input, maybe help. Especially for the scalp problems.

Too bad there's no response on this forum. . I guess as a newbie one is considered a spammer if asking about a product?