Thread: Heart of the Matter Part 1 - Dietary Villains (video)

Default Heart of the Matter Part 1 - Dietary Villains (video)

Thanks Starlite, excellent video. I always use butter to fry fish, nearly every day, but I add butter to everything anyway. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm originally from Wisconsin where butter,cheese and bratwurst are our National Foods, so others may disagree. Anyway, I'm 60 and my BMI is 24 so I guess I'm OK. In my opinion strict diets are a form of self-deprivation and never help anyone, and nice too see some science for my bias. Danke.

You're welcome. I was unaware this is an interest of yours. I've had a health turn for the worse over the last few months and am on the trail of this info that we have been led away from. Mostly at the advice of forum members here with the Paleo diet and the GAPS diet in particular. This is difficult for me because I became a vegan with out struggle and the idea of eating meat or even bone broth is not an easy thought, but may be what I need to do. It's all making deep sense and still there is the issue of toxins built up in the animal and how the animals are raised and butchered.

I raised rabbits and butchered them with out much difficulty because I knew it was healthy meat for my family and dogs, and also knew *I* was taking their life with kindness and compassion. The eggs from the chickens were from happy, free ranging ladies who were loved ect.. you get the picture.

Also my goal of posting this here is to help show people the medical "industry" is not what we have believed all our lives and may very well be completely off track on many issues.

Default This video is really interesting

Good post Starlite! I am looking into this more- real interesting ideas presented here. Makes you think about what is health exactly? Thanks for sharing this....!

Very topical subject in the news here today. Our Government would like us to eat less saturated fat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24668937

I guess it's a question of finding the happy medium. There are an awful lot of overweight people about.

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    Good post Starlite! I am looking into this more- real interesting ideas presented here. Makes you think about what is health exactly? Thanks for sharing this....!
    Yes it does S.Q, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Very topical subject in the news here today. Our Government would like us to eat less saturated fat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24668937

I guess it's a question of finding the happy medium. There are an awful lot of overweight people about.
    It is a timely article. What they are "now" saying is it's the carbs, sugars and grains that are causing obesity, not the animal fats.

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    I agree. Pass the buttered popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    It is a timely article. What they are "now" saying is it's the carbs, sugars and grains that are causing obesity, not the animal fats.
    Er, no. Sugar may be a problem but it's still the usual suspects:

"Saturated fat is the kind of fat found in butter and lard, pies, cakes and biscuits, fatty cuts of meat, sausages and bacon, and cheese and cream."