Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rice grain like things in eyebrow pores, hairs falling out, PLEASE HELP!

What about dusting on sulphur powder at night and seeing if that makes a difference? I read another post where someone uses sulphur powder dusted on their face to counteract redness. I've just ordered myself some to try as I have malassezia but not seb derm.

Pardon me if the suggestion is not a good one but I thought if your eyebrows have been oily then this may be able to balance it. Also, try goats milk yoghurt too which mattifies the skin. I buy a very small tub for 77p and it lasts two weeks or so.

Perhaps I sound mad but I wrote to a natural company last week to plead with them to make a formula for shampoo and bodywash for people with this condition. They haven't got back to me yet, why am I not surprised, perhaps it does sound barmy!

Quote Originally Posted by dmm View Post
    Hi everyone, i have these rice grain like white things coming out of my pores in my eyebrows-they stick to the hairs making the hairs weak then fall off. I have been diagnosed w seb derm by many docs but i have tried all the shampoos, antifungal creams and cortisone stuff to no avail. I lose 10 to 15 hairs a day...sometimes it can go up to 40. It is torture trying to treat them because everyday I do, the hairs pop off and stick to my fingers. I have read people having these things in their pores like on their nose and chin, which I have as well, but I haven't read a lot of people having this in the eyebrows causing hairloss. My eyebrows are getting more sparse by the day. When the area gets wet, it is all white and pastey, like dead skin. Please, if anyone has experienced this or knows what this could be, please let me know, I am in a lot of despair. Thank you.
    I had exactly the same thing in my eyebrows and since I started using Kelual DS Cream by Ducray it's completely gone. No more flakes, grains or anything similar. Good luck.
    Last edited by Qwertops; 18th August 2015 at 10:31 AM.

Sarah, have you had any breakthroughs? Please PM me if you can.

Hi all,

I haven't been on the forum in ages. I have not had any breakthroughs and my brows are progressively worse. Sometimes the symptoms abate for a while, and I get a bit of regrowth, but at the moment it has returned with a vengeance. Particularly at the inner eyebrows and moving outwards, there is an overall diffuse thinning, turning into a bit of a patchy brow appearance.

I have tried nearly everything. I still regularly wash with nizoral shampoo and alternate with cetaphil. I also alternate with topical steroids, protopic, tea tree oil, and whatever else I can find. It's all a big mess really, and lately it's getting me down.

Since my original post I have been spending more time on a hair loss forum since I have also lost half my hair volume (diffuse hair loss, no pattern) in about a year. I am not sure if they are connected or not. After a long time of oily hair and presumably some seb derm of the scalp as well, there has been a shift and what little hair I have left is very dry and parched. Even the scalp is weird and oil production has reduced. I am curious if I am overusing nizoral and head and shoulders and now have damaged my remaining hair.

The docs all point to ferritin deficiency in combo with vitamin d deficiency. I was very low in both. My vit d is now almost in optimal range, but my ferritin has taken longer since I was using an ineffective supplement for almost a year. Since switching 2 months ago I have doubled my ferritin to 49. Derm says minimum 70 and preferably closer to 100.

If I figure anything out about sebum plugs in the brows, or my hair loss for that matter, I promise to the internet that I will share any success story I may have.

If anyone else out there has pinpointed cause to the eyebrow sebum plugs, or else some kind effective management of them, PLEASE post here, I would greatly appreciate it.

All the best,
    S

Hi, just thought I'd pass along this other link from someone with an eyebrow loss issue. http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=34005

Tom Busby mentions Soolantra as a treatment option.

Hey,

I know this thread is quite old, but I was dealing with a similar situation where there would be numerous white grain things at the end of my eyebrows and they would just fall out. It's honestly so depressing about the thought of having no brows, but for about a few months I've been using lemon juice to help it. I'd say it has helped A LOT and I've considerably seen less amount of those white stuff.

I hope this helps, and I pray to God we all get healed.

Let me know if this works for you! Try it for like a few weeks, and you should see results

Cheers,

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by SarahS View Post
    Hi all,

I haven't been on the forum in ages. I have not had any breakthroughs and my brows are progressively worse. Sometimes the symptoms abate for a while, and I get a bit of regrowth, but at the moment it has returned with a vengeance. Particularly at the inner eyebrows and moving outwards, there is an overall diffuse thinning, turning into a bit of a patchy brow appearance.

I have tried nearly everything. I still regularly wash with nizoral shampoo and alternate with cetaphil. I also alternate with topical steroids, protopic, tea tree oil, and whatever else I can find. It's all a big mess really, and lately it's getting me down.

Since my original post I have been spending more time on a hair loss forum since I have also lost half my hair volume (diffuse hair loss, no pattern) in about a year. I am not sure if they are connected or not. After a long time of oily hair and presumably some seb derm of the scalp as well, there has been a shift and what little hair I have left is very dry and parched. Even the scalp is weird and oil production has reduced. I am curious if I am overusing nizoral and head and shoulders and now have damaged my remaining hair.

The docs all point to ferritin deficiency in combo with vitamin d deficiency. I was very low in both. My vit d is now almost in optimal range, but my ferritin has taken longer since I was using an ineffective supplement for almost a year. Since switching 2 months ago I have doubled my ferritin to 49. Derm says minimum 70 and preferably closer to 100.

If I figure anything out about sebum plugs in the brows, or my hair loss for that matter, I promise to the internet that I will share any success story I may have.

If anyone else out there has pinpointed cause to the eyebrow sebum plugs, or else some kind effective management of them, PLEASE post here, I would greatly appreciate it.

All the best,
    S
    Any updates Sarah?

Default Has anyone found a cure?

I know I am posting years later, but has anyone found a cure?

I am a 22 year old male and this is taking over my life!!

I need help please, I am getting very desperate.

Thank you,

Onarres

This is a shot in the dark, but have you tried amino acid supplements? JoMar Labs is an excellent supplier of quality products at a reasonable price. Try the "Pure Form 21 Blend," which supplies all the amino acids, in a powder form, which is slightly less expensive than the capsules. This Blend is not water soluble, and so I dust 1/4 tsp., heaping, (about 1500 mg) onto a peanut butter sandwich, top with sprouted oats, and enjoy. For me, it seems to healed some nerve damage I had in my right elbow -- undoubtedly a hockey injury from too many collisions.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because I've been reading on this forum for 5 years about hair loss, and no one seems to have found any solutions. Yes -- demodex seems to play a role, but there appears to be another co-existing condition that results in hair loss.

Hence, for about $40, it seems that it would be worthwhile to try-out all 21 amino acids, which have no risk of harm and might be helpful.

There's also a "Black Label 21 Blend," which deletes the sulfur (MSM), but I suspect the sulfur would be helpful, as demodex can be treated (somewhat) with topical sulfur.

Ultimately of course you would want to try to find the exact amino acid, out of the 21 amino acids, that is essential to treatment (assuming this concept has any validity) but in the meantime, the 21 Blend provides all the amino acids. You can't find anything like this in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahS View Post
    Hi again,

Thanks for your reply. I wish I was in better spirits by now but alas things are even worse. Day by day the hair loss becomes more and more apparent (at least to me). Particularly from the inside beginning of the brow. New growth is still happening and I agree--any growth is better than none--but on the other hand this seems ridiculous that no one can figure this out! I still oscillate between believing I have Seb Derm and thinking maybe it is just eczema and what i really need is just a stronger steroid cream, one thinner more like a lotion perhaps. I would really like to find a treatment BEFORE all my naturally think hairs fall out and I am left with thin sparse brows. I am really hating this.

AS for your description about itching etc. yes, I was identical. It was much more pronounced when it initially began and then began to dissipate. Every now and then I get a sharp itch, very localized within the brow, and then it passes. Maybe the treatments have helped this component? Not sure.

Well, derm appointment thursday so wish me luck. Like I mentioned before, last time I went the derm said i needed emollients on there, that is all. Didn't acknowledge "fungal" at all. But maybe he misinterpreted me and I meant yeast but said fungus. Really I want him up close in that brow looking and telling me what to do to fix it. big SIGH.

Thanks again for your ear and your support!

S
    Sarah and JC have you figured out the trigger of your eyebrow loss?!