Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice grain like things in eyebrow pores, hairs falling out, PLEASE HELP!

Default Rice grain like things in eyebrow pores, hairs falling out, PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone, i have these rice grain like white things coming out of my pores in my eyebrows-they stick to the hairs making the hairs weak then fall off. I have been diagnosed w seb derm by many docs but i have tried all the shampoos, antifungal creams and cortisone stuff to no avail. I lose 10 to 15 hairs a day...sometimes it can go up to 40. It is torture trying to treat them because everyday I do, the hairs pop off and stick to my fingers. I have read people having these things in their pores like on their nose and chin, which I have as well, but I haven't read a lot of people having this in the eyebrows causing hairloss. My eyebrows are getting more sparse by the day. When the area gets wet, it is all white and pastey, like dead skin. Please, if anyone has experienced this or knows what this could be, please let me know, I am in a lot of despair. Thank you.

Hi !

I've the same thing, I think it's Ulerythema Ophryogene for you too, but UO coming the most of time (not always) with KP (red bumps on arms, legs) or/and KPRF (permanent red face with flush, blush, and little bumps not really noticable).

For me it's look like little pustule white with eyebrow below. I lose my eyebrows for 6 month (i'm 16 now) and it's really sad, they are red, itchy and really sensitive : if i touch them, i loss 5/6 hair.

The loss of eyebrow with UO begin with the outter part of eyebrows.

Some pictures :

loadMedia.ashx?bookname=idams&filename=Ulerythema_eyebrows.jpg
    ulerythema_ophryogenes11.jpg
    4-25-1.jpg

BUT ! Yes there is a "but" ! Don't be worry, my friend, you have one REAL and PERMANENT solution : eyebrows transplant. Yes it's very very expensive, but it's works AMAZINGLY ! Just see...

369d1228611843-eyebrow-transplantion-eyebrow.jpg (Sorry but i love to add picture for illustrate what i say, and it's not me on this pic).

So if you have UO like me, you are not lucky (less than 200.000 case in USA) but you can change that. Personnaly, when i'm 18, i got directly do eyebrows transplant operation !

And if you have an other disease than UO, sorry for my useless post. ^^

hi hiho.

i thought that maybe this is what i have , but my eyebrows are not really red, only above front part of eyebrow, which is common w seb derm. and i thought uo is only the outer thirds of eyebrows? is there any treatment for this? i have read for kp to use an exfoliant and moisturizer to help unplug the pores.

Please, anyone....who knows what this may be...thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dmm View Post
    Please, anyone....who knows what this may be...thank you
    the pasty white thing is also seb derm and yes those things excist when using certain products..
    when changing somthing in the skin when those things come up in a short time.
    apple cider vinegar will help. change your soap..

thanks, joellie....did u get these sebum plugs in eyebrows? when this first started I wasnt using any products, I started using products after for seb derm to try to get rid of the pastey stuff but nothing has worked. I have tried acv and all kinds of antifungal shampoos and creams to no avail.

thanks, joellie....did u get these sebum plugs in eyebrows? when this first started I wasnt using any products, I started using products after for seb derm to try to get rid of the pastey stuff but nothing has worked. I have tried acv and all kinds of antifungal shampoos and creams to no avail.
    Hey Dmm . I am a new member and have only one post previous to this one which is why I am unable to PM or even reply to the visitor message you sent. New members have limited privileges. I would love to discuss this further with you.

Thx, blc. Do you still get some growth on your eyebrows? Mine is slowing right down and I am extremely worried. I have had the sd for over a year and a half now and Im afraid the follicles are damaged. Do you get these sebum plug things attached to the hairs?

Thx, blc. Do you still get some growth on your eyebrows? Mine is slowing right down and I am extremely worried. I have had the sd for over a year and a half now and Im afraid the follicles are damaged. Do you get these sebum plug things attached to the hairs?
    Yes, the hairs in the inner-center part of the eyebrows always grow back. It is the outer third portion where growth is slowest and some follicles appear dead. They are naturally black so it is not noticeable to others, but I worry that eventually, due to damage, they will stop replenishing themselves. I don't think I have keratin plugs but sometimes there is a kind of hardened sebum at the root that comes off with the hair . My only recourse is that Talika serum. It has definitely stimulated growth although not dramatically. You can buy it on amazon. Seaweed, fish oil, and magnesium have also improved the elasticity of my hair.

Hi dmm! have you stopped your eyebrowloss ? if so then how? I have had these rice grain like things coming out of my pores above and in my eyebrows,beard and scalp for 4 months and the hairs stick and grow in them and I cannot remove them without the hair coming out. I first suspected it to be alopecia but I got regrowth quite fast,demodicosis/demodex mites and then i thought it could be seb derm but I have heard that it doesn´t cause the hardened sebum "rice" things to attach itself to eyebrows and fall out. Does anyone else have an answer as what causes and how to prevent this? I have read that supplementing with iron and b12 can help, jojoba oil, and dry mustard, becuase it cleans pores real deep.