Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirvaso - How long recover from it?

I have actually posted to the FDA about Mirvosa. Too good to be true - is too good to be true. I'm currently recovering from using Mirvosa. I had used it for two weeks and thought it was a wonder drug. Then it backfired and the rebound was bad. 10 times worse redness and flushing than I ever had before. I had to leave work early one day because the redness and pain were so intense. I haven't used it for over two weeks.

In the interim I had a V beam treatment done and that has helped. The doctor prescribed me low dose desonide for the reaction from the Mirvosa. I'm seeing relief of the reaction to the Mirvosa since the initial withdrawl and the V beam has lessened some of the redness. I have stopped the desonide and have forgone any topical treatment save for sunscreen.

Default Terrible Experience

Hi-

First time poster on here, but have to say I applied Mirvaso for the first time yesterday morning, about 4 hours later I had some down time and went on the web to read some reviews of it. Needless to say I panicked and quickly got in the bathroom to wash my face and apply as much water based moisture as possible. Spent the rest of yesterday on pins and needles wondering how bad it would get (given its nearly impossible to find a positive review of this drug on any forum). Anyways I took one posters advice and slept on my back so my face wouldn't feel pressure of a pillow, however towards I morning I accidently flipped to one slide for about 30 minutes. When I woke up my face was beat red and the side I slept on had a heat like rash on it (picture the post effects of a car air bag hitting you).

The rash subsided throughout the morning, but my face is still red and I'm worried to go out in cold weather, although not as bad as other users who used the drug for more than one day (crossing my fingers it stays that way). Anyways I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DRUG. And this is coming from someone who has been on Accutane 3 times and knows the consequences/effects of strong facial medicines. The fact that this drug got out to the market is a joke. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone on any forum who has lasted more than 2 weeks on the drug (trust me, I spent all day yesterday reading users experiences.)

Default Mirvaso - A Cinderella drug

I was relieved to have found this forum and to find that others have experienced similar Mirvaso rebounds. I'm not sure how long I had been using Mirvaso, maybe a month, but from the beginning it seemed like a Cinderella drug to me... would work great during the day but when it wore off in the evening, look out, the redness came back with a vengeance. Eventually I needed more and more to keep the flushing in check, but to no avail, the rosacea was winning.

Now I've finally stopped using this Hitler cream and trying to live with this extremely red face, particularly my nose, upper cheeks and temple areas.. the typical mask. I had done laser treatments which worked but my doctor prescribed this product as a supplement. Now she has me on a steroid cream for two weeks to help diminish the redness so I can go to work without being so self conscious. It's been 4 days since I've used Mirvaso with no improvement yet. I'm really hoping I can get back to a baseline color in a few weeks as others have reported.

If you're researching this drug, don't use it. The setbacks you could experience are not worth the risk.

Default Mirvaso...Princess Fiona Dismay

I too would like to chime in about what we all seem to have realized about this drug. I had a nightmarish rebound reaction after just one application. Initially I was pleased by how pale it made my skin. But then by evening when it wore off and I saw that my skin was redder and blotchier than before...I decided to discontinue usage and cancel my prescription (I was using a sample tube). The following morning I was pale again but by 2 pm I was freakishly red. I looked like I was wearing a baboon mask. I left work early and was stared at on public transit. By evening the rebound flush had subsided...only to return by 2 pm again the next day. This lasted for ten days. What an ordeal! Very disillusioned with FDA approval process, needless to say...

Now my current count is 47 Positive Reports and 142 Negative Reports. The odds are based upon these reports that you have a 75% chance of having a negative experience using Mirvaso if my math is correct. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 4th April 2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

i don't have anything important to add i'm afraid but i'd just like to say i appreciate the effort brady burrows is putting in. considering this is the most popular rosacea forum around at the moment i think his statistics are vital.

are you a derm btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Now my current count is 47 Positive Reports and 142 Negative Reports. The odds are based upon these reports that you have a 75% chance of having a negative experience using Mirvaso if my math is correct. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hey Brady,

You're likely seeing a bias towards the extremes with those numbers. Only people with extremely positive or negative experiences are likely to post, skewing the data. Let's say that 15% of people are completely cleared by it, 25% have a rebound reaction, and the other 60% have a slightly positive response, or no improvement. Just an important thing to note.

Quote Originally Posted by carpsy View Post
    i don't have anything important to add i'm afraid but i'd just like to say i appreciate the effort brady burrows is putting in. considering this is the most popular rosacea forum around at the moment i think his statistics are vital.

are you a derm btw?
    I am simply a rosacea sufferer. Not a physician. Not anything. No letters behind my name. Nothing.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 5th April 2014 at 03:04 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoColor View Post
    Hey Brady,

You're likely seeing a bias towards the extremes with those numbers. Only people with extremely positive or negative experiences are likely to post, skewing the data. Let's say that 15% of people are completely cleared by it, 25% have a rebound reaction, and the other 60% have a slightly positive response, or no improvement. Just an important thing to note.
    When you look at the results found by Galderma in the testing of this topical, the clinical trial results of the 330 trial users for the 29 days and the 276 trial users for the 365 days which showed excellent results, is the data skewed there too?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Default Fine Print

I do remember reading in the Mirvaso literature which accompanied my sample tube that "possible side effects" included a "worsening of rosacea symptoms." I did think that was odd...anyway, I have to consider myself warned. It was a gamble, and the house always wins.