Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: People with KPRF, come here ! (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    My condition (diagnosed by multiple derms as KPRF) is about the same. I'd even say a little worse.

I've had 2 PDL sessions and it has been slightly helpful, not really. I think it was too weak and not enough bruising happened to have a good effect on a condition this serious.

I know how you feel about all that stuff. It is definitely extremely mentally taxing and it is very hard to have any confidence in public.

I'm not exactly sure what to do either... just kind of barely keeping it together lately.
    Hi, you are not alone with that ! I've been diagnosed with ulerythema ophriogene recently, i've follicular papules on my chin, ears, mustache, and eyebrows. Did you have keratosis pilaris on your body too ? Because i've KP everywhere, really severe case (full arms, full legs, torso, stomach, neck, butt, back)

And did your eyebrows are really red and fall ?

For good results, my derm say these setting : 0.5ms pulse, 10mm area, 7/8/9J, with a VBeam. What is your settings ? Because all of my hope (for my cheeks only, 10% of my full problems...) are PDL.

If you have KP on your body, give a try to virgin coconut oil, i've a good success, skin is more smooth but the redness is still here and I noticed that some part of the body you can see purple veins.

I must have really too thin and sensitive skin to have all these problems that accumulate and run without stopping.

And last questions, did you try Mirvaso ?

Sorry for my bad english..
    Last edited by hihohi88; 26th October 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hihohi88 View Post
    Hi, you are not alone with that ! I've been diagnosed with ulerythema ophriogene recently, i've follicular papules on my chin, ears, mustache, and eyebrows. Did you have keratosis pilaris on your body too ? Because i've KP everywhere, really severe case (full arms, full legs, torso, stomach, neck, butt, back)

And did your eyebrows are really red and fall ?

For good results, my derm say these setting : 0.5ms pulse, 10mm area, 7/8/9J, with a VBeam. What is your settings ? Because all of my hope (for my cheeks only, 10% of my full problems...) are PDL.

If you have KP on your body, give a try to virgin coconut oil, i've a good success, skin is more smooth but the redness is still here and I noticed that some part of the body you can see purple veins.

I must have really too thin and sensitive skin to have all these problems that accumulate and run without stopping.

And last questions, did you try Mirvaso ?

Sorry for my bad english..
    Yes I have KP very bad on my legs and backs of arms. I haven't done much about it because it honestly doesn't bother me at all. Only the facial redness.

What do you mean try coconut oil? How much do you take, how often etc?

If I could do something easy like that to help the KP I would.

I'm not sure about the ulerythema ophriogene, I haven't heard anything about that. Most of my redness is the cheeks and chin area. I do find I have dry eyebrows but not too bad.

I'm not sure about my VBeam settings, I can't remember. I'm calling my derm soon to book again and will try and ask her and let you know. Have you had any PDL sessions yet?

I have not tried Mirvaso. I am in Canada and it is currently only available in the USA by prescription so I have no legal access to it.

Your english is fabulous by the way. No need at all to apologize.

Yes I have KP very bad on my legs and backs of arms. I haven't done much about it because it honestly doesn't bother me at all. Only the facial redness.

What do you mean try coconut oil? How much do you take, how often etc?

If I could do something easy like that to help the KP I would.

I'm not sure about the ulerythema ophriogene, I haven't heard anything about that. Most of my redness is the cheeks and chin area. I do find I have dry eyebrows but not too bad.

I'm not sure about my VBeam settings, I can't remember. I'm calling my derm soon to book again and will try and ask her and let you know. Have you had any PDL sessions yet?

I have not tried Mirvaso. I am in Canada and it is currently only available in the USA by prescription so I have no legal access to it.

Your english is fabulous by the way. No need at all to apologize.
    For Virgin Coconut Oil, you can use it daily after the shower, apply a thin layer on the area with KP (I use 3 tablespoon, one for the arms, one for the stomach and and for my back and neck, I don't use it for my butt and legs yet). (don't apply too much /!\)

It's really easy, but actuallyit's the first weeks of treatment with Virgin Coco Oil, my arms are really more smooth, but the redness is here really bad, i don't understand. In one/two weeks i'm going to try another brand of Virgin CCO. In one years, as what i've understand, KP must be gone.

I've dont try PDL yet, but in the next month i'm sure i'm going to try VBeam with big purpura for better results. I don't have results after 2 sessions ? Don't give a **** and try another sessions, I can have 10 sessions if I want so i am determinated for erase this redness. >.<

Your purpura looks like what ? Red ? Purple ? Dark ? And I think the brand of the PDL is really important, the two i've see works is Cynosure and VBeam, Cynosure needs a lot of sessions (6/7) and with VBeam and good settings, you can have reduce of 50% after 2/3 sessions.

Yours look like this ?

images (1).jpg

Or look like this ?

images (2).jpg

Or a more diffuse color ?

A link with some pictures of a severe case of KPRF/UO (this is unclear but can distinguish the pictures anyway) :

http://www.readcube.com/articles/10....82.x?locale=en

And thanks for the compliment.

Much much much less severe bruising than that. That's why I want my doctor to go more powerful. I maybe had 1/10 that type of bruising colour which is why I think it wasn't very effective.

I regret not taking any pictures, I will for sure next time to show the before/after and the amount of bruising.

Please keep me updated on your progress and what works for you etc. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Also thanks for the advice on the oil, I will start that right away!

And oh yes I know! I will continue to try PDL until I am bankrupt It's $400 a session but that's the price to pay to have your sanity back I guess.

Make sure to take pictures immediately after your PDL and then when the bruising has gone down, I am very curious to see your results!
    Last edited by username; 27th October 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Oh okey, I thinks it is for that you don't have really good results with PDL, you need to have a horrible face for 1/2 weeks for have an improvement in your redness. You need to have a purple/dark purpura.

You're welcome, it's my pleasure, do not worry I'll take a lot of pictures every day to see how it evolves. But I think this PDL treatment are going to be on one year, with a session every 3 months (need holiday because i can't go to school with a purple face ) !

Very expensive but if it lets to me to have a more "normal" life, where i can speak easily with people, laugh in public, don't flush in social situation, it's not a problem to paid 1000/2000$, it's the price for us, unlucky.

And yes, give a try to coconut oil !

In regards to the coconut oil... do you heat it up so it becomes more liquid or do you just rub it on as a more solid paste type form?

In regards to the coconut oil... do you heat it up so it becomes more liquid or do you just rub it on as a more solid paste type form?
    Just rub it on and it become liquid immediatly with the warmth of your body.

Hello,

After 45 day of coconut oil on my full body, some updates :

-No real improvement on my torso. - 20% clean..
    -Neck really more smooth, so nice ! -70% clean..
    -Arms are smoother (not a miracle at all..), but still have all of their red spots. -60% clean (smooth), -20% clean (red).

I have started Oil Pulling with extra virgin coconut oil (Nutiva) the 1rst december, some people have success with it, final results in 30 days.

I've tried acid tretinoid (10mg/day) for 30 days, and no results, except wonderful side-effects.

About my face, nothing has changed. But I go in February to my derm for my first PDL session !! I'm pretty sure it's going to work.

In July, my face will be BEAUTIFUL, I HOPE.

Hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by hihohi88 View Post
    Hello,

After 45 day of coconut oil on my full body, some updates :

-No real improvement on my torso. - 20% clean..
    -Neck really more smooth, so nice ! -70% clean..
    -Arms are smoother (not a miracle at all..), but still have all of their red spots. -60% clean (smooth), -20% clean (red).

I have started Oil Pulling with extra virgin coconut oil (Nutiva) the 1rst december, some people have success with it, final results in 30 days.

I've tried acid tretinoid (10mg/day) for 30 days, and no results, except wonderful side-effects.

About my face, nothing has changed. But I go in February to my derm for my first PDL session !! I'm pretty sure it's going to work.

In July, my face will be BEAUTIFUL, I HOPE.

Hang on.
    Hi there. Still here

Nice to see an update. I've been procrastinating calling my derm to book another PDL session, I need to get on that.

I should also report I have been prescribed "Cipralex" which is an anti-anxiety medication and it has made a slightly noticeable difference to my flushing in public. It seems a little less severe. Could be a placebo though.

Good luck!

Hi there. Still here

Nice to see an update. I've been procrastinating calling my derm to book another PDL session, I need to get on that.

I should also report I have been prescribed "Cipralex" which is an anti-anxiety medication and it has made a slightly noticeable difference to my flushing in public. It seems a little less severe. Could be a placebo though.

Good luck!
    Hi username :P

Yes, you must try PDL with severe purpura, every pictures after/before I see with KRPF have wonderful results.

Thanks for the name of your anti anxiety medication I go see that.

Good luck to you too !