Thread: Alfalfa and Super Foods Triggered Large Oubreak

Default Alfalfa and SuperFood "Greens" Triggered Large Oubreak

For those of you who have found the relationship between diet and large sore pustules on the forehead, brow, nose and cheeks - I too was able to eliminate my papopustular rosacea by getting rid of corn, dairy, wheat, and canola oil out of my diet. An unfortunate confirmation came for me over the last two weeks, where I went to Vitamin Shoppes and bought a non-whey 'pea protein'. Suddenly I started breaking out again with very large sores on my high forehead first, then my temples and down to my outer cheeks - then my nose became one large infection along with the area between my eyebrows. They hurt first, then they turn red and visible and swell, then they fill with puss, then they pop and bleed, then they scab over. I had noticed that, in my diary 4 months back, that protein powder which contained "Super Food Greens" had given me a large breakout which subsided after removal of that food too.

The hard part about the ability to see this, is it takes about 18 days for the cycle to clear up and end, once I have removed the offending food. This tells me it is NOT an allergic reaction, rather an immune system response - and the anti-bodies do not just give up and go away as soon as the toxin is removed. They keep looking for a while.

I examined my diet and the changes in my diary over that period in which I observed the first new outbreak in 6 months. Sure enough, my protein powder - had incorporated Alfalfa into its mix WAAAAY down in the ingredient mix. The label even had a warning. "Warning: if you experience an allergic reaction to this product, discontinue its use." I looked up online and the warnings about alfalfa include "an auto-immune reaction similar to the facial butterfly rash of Lupus" But here is the kicker - it was the SAME reaction as Wheat, Dairy, Corn and Canola Oil for me. No different.

I quit consuming the protein powder and took it back to Vitamin Shoppes. Now I have about 5 itchy scabs which remain but my face is recovering nicely (thankfully this still works).

I still contend that some of these cases are auto-immune disorders triggered by these foods and some kind of alteration to the bacteria and blood barrier in the intestines. I would find it interesting to see how cases of rosacea have increased since the introduction of 1995 highly hybridized grass-wheat, 1999 GMO Bt Corn, GMO Canola Oil, and the suddenly popular pushing of green super foods and alfalfa as 'healthy.'

Any resources out there for such data?

Scot
    Last edited by Scot Viking; 12th September 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Sorry for your set back, Scot. Hang in there, you really have hope now that you have seen good results. It's just an issue of fine tuning now. I think you're really on the right track here and your skin is showing you so. One of the possible problems with the alfalfa in your protein power may be it is GMO. If they claim it's organic then another common issues is they do not have to disclose that they saturate the warehouses and trucks they store some grains in with heavy duty rodent killers and insecticides. These all effect our gut health and that allows larger molecules into our blood streams that then sets off the immune system.

Have you tried organic hemp protein powder? That one works for me. I also seem fine with spirulina powder. On going detoxing with bentonite clay and diatomaceous earth also seems essential these days. Take care. Keep us posted.

Default Hemp Protein

Hey Starlite!

Yes, I use Hemp/Pea/Chia with Flax Oil protein powder and it really does well with my body and immune system. As well, I bought raw flax, chia, qunoa, lentil, maca, and hemp. I use two teaspoons of each and grind them up in a food grinder, then mix in a little of my Hemp/Pea/Chia protein powder. In this way I get all 18 proteins - BUT, I add in L-argenine since I am a guy, to give that extra protein ummpff.

I chase that with vinegar and ox bile and HCL/papain.

Then I follow it up with Sauer Krauth and psyllium after my body has had time to digest a bit. In this way, I do not find myself wandering the kitchen looking for 'something' but I do not know what.... (an indicator that the body is missing one of the 18 proteins)...

then of course MSM and Vitamin D which are critical.

But I put in another post. I got my first TAN this weekend, in 17 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    On going detoxing with bentonite clay and diatomaceous earth also seems essential these days. Take care. Keep us posted.
    Very interested, can you tell me about this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Viking View Post
    Hey Starlite!

Yes, I use Hemp/Pea/Chia with Flax Oil protein powder and it really does well with my body and immune system. As well, I bought raw flax, chia, qunoa, lentil, maca, and hemp. I use two teaspoons of each and grind them up in a food grinder, then mix in a little of my Hemp/Pea/Chia protein powder. In this way I get all 18 proteins - BUT, I add in L-argenine since I am a guy, to give that extra protein ummpff.

I chase that with vinegar and ox bile and HCL/papain.

Then I follow it up with Sauer Krauth and psyllium after my body has had time to digest a bit. In this way, I do not find myself wandering the kitchen looking for 'something' but I do not know what.... (an indicator that the body is missing one of the 18 proteins)...

then of course MSM and Vitamin D which are critical.

But I put in another post. I got my first TAN this weekend, in 17 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe it.
    I'm very happy for you that you were able to get some sun! Congratulations!

Is there a brand name of the protein powder you found is working so well? I'd be interested in getting some.

Food grade DE is very inexpensive at any health food store. Don't fall for any hyped up special brand name.. it's nonsense.

Again with the bentonite clay.. food grade only, but brand name is nonsense... Bentonite Clay Detox

Is there a brand name of the protein powder you found is working so well? I'd be interested in getting some.
    Yes, here is my fave protein powder - which has rendered no auto-immune reaction to my face. http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Basics-Protein-Chocolate-1-22-Pound/dp/B002J0PD5Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1378967509&sr=8-3&keywords=life%27s+basic+plant+protein
    Last edited by Scot Viking; 12th September 2013 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Viking View Post
    Thanks Scot! That was fast.

I came back because I wanted to add this video which I thought was very helpful about detoxing.

Default Great Videos

My steps tomorrow, are to go out and get both the DE and the BC. AND see if this Yakult can benefit me as well. That thread I found convincing at least enough to try it.

Scot