Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: zz cream - so scared my face is ruined forever...

Thank you very much Mistica for your advice both for my sister and for myself. Any suggestions for a good probiotic and a good multivitamin supplement?

In the meantime, I've been using the zz cream for 27 days now. I may at some point post photos of the progress so far. So update: the redness has gone down considerably as have the bumps and the pustules. There are still bumps on the chin as well as along the jawline and a few pimples that have mostly already gone down on the neck area. My face is no longer itchy and the dryness is getting better - maybe I'm getting used to the zz cream. Any advice? I suppose it's normal for the bumps and pustules on these areas to have appeared after using the zz cream. The tub of cream will last me about a month and I've already ordered a new one. Thank you very much for your support and encouragement that helped me start using the cream.

I'll give you another update soon. In the meantime, I'll be very grateful for any advice you may have to offer.

Default ZZ Cream

This stuff absolutely works. I've been dealing with acne/rosacea for years. I WISH I had the ZZ cream all those years ago.
    After 3 weeks, my face is almost completely clear.
    The reason it gets bad at first is because the bacteria within the mites causes a reaction in the skin when they die... so as you kill them, your skin reacts. What you can do is get some doxycycline from your Dr. during the die off (which I did) and that'll minimize the reaction and help you get through those first bad weeks.
    I was using tea tree oil during the worst die off, so by the time I got the ZZ cream, I had killed a lot, but I did see some die off.

Seriously - 2.5 weeks and I could go without foundation - a first in probably 20 years (I'm 45).

For the cost of the cream, IMO it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhala View Post
    This stuff absolutely works. I've been dealing with acne/rosacea for years. I WISH I had the ZZ cream all those years ago.
    The reason it gets bad at first is because the bacteria within the mites causes a reaction in the skin when they die... so as you kill them, your skin reacts. What you can do is get some doxycycline from your Dr. during the die off (which I did) and that'll minimize the reaction and help you get through those first bad weeks.
    I was using tea tree oil during the worst die off, so by the time I got the ZZ cream, I had killed a lot, but I did see some die off.

Seriously - 2.5 weeks and I could go without foundation - a first in probably 20 years (I'm 45).

That's great to hear.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

The reason it gets bad at first is because the bacteria within the mites causes a reaction in the skin when they die... so as you kill them, your skin reacts. What you can do is get some doxycycline from your Dr. during the die off (which I did) and that'll minimize the reaction and help you get through those first bad weeks. I was using tea tree oil during the worst die off, so by the time I got the ZZ cream, I had killed a lot, but I did see some die off. Seriously - 2.5 weeks and I could go without foundation - a first in probably 20 years (I'm 45). For the cost of the cream, IMO it's worth it.
    Thanks for your report. I agree. It is the best topical for my rosacea.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Need perscription?

Default Need perscription?

It is good to know that ZZ Cream has really helped. My face isn't real red, but I still struggle with breakouts even at my age of 62. I am taking ORACEA and use soolantra cream at night. Just wondered if a prescription is required for the ZZ cream?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschic View Post
    It is good to know that ZZ Cream has really helped. My face isn't real red, but I still struggle with breakouts even at my age of 62. I am taking ORACEA and use soolantra cream at night. Just wondered if a prescription is required for the ZZ cream?
    Not prescription, the ZZ cream is over the counter and if you purchase through the RRDi, a non profit for rosacea, our organization receives a small affiliate fee to keep our web site going.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Not prescription, the ZZ cream is over the counter and if you purchase through the RRDi, a non profit for rosacea, our organization receives a small affiliate fee to keep our web site going.
    Hi Brady. Is this the place to get the cream now? The Demodex Solutions site is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
    Hi Brady. Is this the place to get the cream now? The Demodex Solutions site is down.
    Demodexsoulutions.com now forwards to demodex.com where you order the ZZ cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

ZZ cream is useless for type 1 and seb derm, I assume?