Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: zz cream - so scared my face is ruined forever...

Default zz cream - so scared my face is ruined forever...

My rosacea was mostly redness with a few bumps, bumps often came with exposure to sun or drinking wine. I'd been washing with a very gentle, fragrance free soap from Cleure and using only seabuckthorn seed oil for moisture. My face was actually calmer than it had been in months. I started using the zz cream Sept. 5th hoping to help with the now minor redness and few bumps and now my face is beyond horrible. Every inch of my face is irritated bumps and whiteheads. My bumps have bumps, no joke. It hurts and itches. I know they claim it can get worse before it gets better but this is ridiculous. I can't help but wonder if all of this irritation is from the ingredients (sulfur) and not something on my face that it is killing. I'm so scared to keep using this but just want so badly for this all to go away. I'd be happy at this point to have my skin back to what it was Sept. 4th. How can this be worth it? Surely I will have a bunch of scars from all these bumps and pimples. And it is so drying, I want to cry. I don't see how my face will ever heal well from this. I'm so scared I've started what will become cystic acne that will never go away.

Prior I had one very bad breakout with lots of bumps that itched. At the time I wasn't sure why. It was before I was diagnosed. I was having redness only. I switched lotion and soap from my regular I'd used for years to Cetaphil. I'd been reading online and figured the redness sounded like rosacea. I also bought a sulphur soap and used that one time. I also was in the sun a lot one day. That was when my face broke out really bad. I wasn't sure if it was the new soap/lotion, the sulphur soap, or the sun. I ditched the new stuff and bought a sun hat. Then I started the Cleure soap and seabuckthorn oil my face healed with time but still had redness and a few bumps that move around my face. Now I'm pretty sure the first breakout was from the sulphur soap. It was mild in comparison to what my face looks like now.

I just don't know what to do.

Hummm this could be a mite die off from the sulfur, or you could be allergic to sulfur. Try just going back to washing with your mild soap and nothing else for a bit until it all calms down. In the mean time use the ZZ cream daily on the sensitive skin near your wrist or on the inside of your elbow. Apply it like you would the face cream. If that reacts with a rash of some sort then you should not use it on your face any more. If it doesn't, then you were seriously killing off mites with the ZZ cream... just slow down your attack so you, the host, survive the parasite kill. LOL

I never had any problems on my nose before until I used the sulfur and then man.. there were some seriously nasty pustuals for a while while they died off. I'm glad I treated my nose even though I didn't have any symptoms there, because there were some serious mites on it. I'm sure that would have showed up later.

Thank you Starlite. I'm feeling rather depressed right now and it is good to have some reply. I am not going to put the cream on again. Geez I would rather coexist with the mites or whatever else was causing the comparatively minor problems. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tatejones View Post
    Thank you Starlite. I'm feeling rather depressed right now and it is good to have some reply. I am not going to put the cream on again. Geez I would rather coexist with the mites or whatever else was causing the comparatively minor problems. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    I can understand why you are feeling that way. If it is mites.. they just gradually get worse and worse, so you kind'a have to try some sort of treatment. I think sulfur at around 20% concentration is the best way to go.. but not if you are sensitive to sulfur, then there are several other approaches you can take. Take a break, this is only a tempory set back.. it's not going to last long. You'll be alright.

I found zz cream to be horrible stuff. If you think you have mites (I am not a believer) there are other ways to deal with them. My recommendation would be to see a doctor and get some antibiotics. In the mean time use something gentle like cetaphil on your face. Sometimes traditional medicine does work

Arlene,
    I wasn't a believer either until I decided to try the ZZ cream, now after using it since about May 1st, I believe! I have no rosacea, after 15+ years of dealing with this crap, my skin is clear and normal.

For me, it dried out and irritated my face and generally made a bad situation worse. It took a few weeks to recover from the experience. I also tried invermectin- nothing but a lot of time spent in the bathroom. I'm happy if anything works for others, but I'm not sure it should be the first line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    I found zz cream to be horrible stuff. If you think you have mites (I am not a believer) there are other ways to deal with them. My recommendation would be to see a doctor and get some antibiotics. In the mean time use something gentle like cetaphil on your face. Sometimes traditional medicine does work
    Unfortunately I no longer have insurance. I don't take antibiotics unless strictly necessary, but if I could I would for this. I am definitely scared this will not go away. I'm doing everything I can starting today. The things I have already have, seems how antibiotics aren't available to me right now, oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract, garlic, garlic pills, goldenseal, echinacea, cod liver oil, vitamin c, zinc. I sure hope this heals up. I am trying to calm myself, talk myself into believing this will be okay, and not stress. Yesterday I was very stressed. Today I am feeling a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCity View Post
    Arlene,
    I wasn't a believer either until I decided to try the ZZ cream, now after using it since about May 1st, I believe! I have no rosacea, after 15+ years of dealing with this crap, my skin is clear and normal.
    Can you tell me more about your experience? What was your face like when you started, did it get much worse before it got better, how long before your face cleared?

This just seems especially horrible to me because my face wasn't THAT bad. Annoying yes, and vanity made me want to make it improve. It was slightly red in some places with just a few bumps, two on one upper cheek, one on the other. Now literally my whole face is covered in bumps. It looks like a baby version of cystic acne, not quite as red and angry, not big whiteheads, little ones, but I am afraid I've ruined my skin and this will be ongoing and turn worse into cystic acne. There are a bunch of under the skin pimples, whiteheads everywhere, places I never break out, even some on my eyelids! It is hard to forget about because it hurts and itches.

After reading the Forum at Demodex Solutions, many people have the period of time when first using the ZZ cream, when their face breaks out badly - I was in the minority and had no breakout, I saw a noticeable difference after a week and it kept getting better. I know it is very difficult to deal with this, are you allergic to sulfer or to another ingredient in the cream - or is it the normal breakout period when the demodex are dying and causing your face to react? So difficult to know, I wish you the best and hope it works for you.