Hi all, I thought I would share something that has been working for me lately.

I have rosacea mainly on my nose - baseline redness, P&Ps (mainly under control now) and flushing. I have also struggled with enlarged pores, overactive sebaceous glands, blackheads and clogged pores, which I think is quite common with rosacea.

I have tried a couple of products for this, the main one being Differin, but they either haven't worked or have irritated by skin to the point where they are counterproductive.

Enter Prosacea gel. This product has definitely been around the block so I won't go into chapter and verse about it, but its a sulphur based gel that markets itself as a rosacea treatment. There are a range of reviews on it - some positive, some negative - but I thought I would give it a try. I started using it about six weeks ago. At first I used it on patch tests on one corner of my nose, then both corners, to see if it worked / if I reacted badly to it) and then for 4 weeks on the whole of my nose. I moisturise, then apply the gel.

I wasn't expecting dramatic results, and I can't honestly say that it has done much for my rosacea, but I have been really surprised and pleased with how well it has worked to clean out my pores (I don't have any blackheads anymore) and minimise their appearance (probably because they are no longer filled with gunk all the time), so I thought I would share.

I have read that sulphur acts as a mild natural exfoliant, so perhaps that's how it works?

Prosacea ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Sulphur 1x. Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Diazolidinyl Urea, Lactose, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Water.