Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: zz cream - so scared my face is ruined forever...

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    I read it two years ago i now i go through it again,its a good and helpful thread ,thank for the effort you have put on it.
    I hope i can receive zz cream these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This one - https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics).
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Please just leave your face alone. Wait for your ZZ Cream and take it from there. Hopefully by now you've read through my thread.
    I think this advice - "just leave your face alone" - is really the best. It is tempting to keep trying until something works but the problem is the more stuff you use on your face, the more you mess with the natural barrier & balance and the more difficult it is for the skin to heal itself. Remember demodex thrive on weak immunity and resistance. Face masks etc strip your face of its natural oils and protections and make it more vulnerable to infection. It is tempting to keep doing things to it but, as Red Recluse says, very wisely, leave it alone. Wait for the ZZ and go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    I think this advice - "just leave your face alone" - is really the best. It is tempting to keep trying until something works but the problem is the more stuff you use on your face, the more you mess with the natural barrier & balance and the more difficult it is for the skin to heal itself. Remember demodex thrive on weak immunity and resistance. Face masks etc strip your face of its natural oils and protections and make it more vulnerable to infection. It is tempting to keep doing things to it but, as Red Recluse says, very wisely, leave it alone. Wait for the ZZ and go with that.
    Yes 100% agree but it’s hard to deal with ,i experience many time to just let my skin on its own washing only with water and us a result i develop more pimples and dry skin and my skin start to break out like in the pictures i uploaded.
    I hope i can find the right way not to heal only control this miss understood condition

I agree that letting the skin heal on its own for a few days and only washing with water is good in some cases and then just use the ZZ cream.

Another treatment route to consider is probiotics, particularly, probiotic skin treatments, which are growing exponentially as more rosaceans find this works. Probiotic therapy for rosacea is now an accepted treatment. For example, Alternative Daily reports, "A 2012 study, for example, found that a species of lactobacillus bacteria applied directly to the skin '…was effective in reducing skin erythema, repairing skin barrier, and reducing skin microflora, thereby exhibiting an effective reduction in acne lesion size.' Similarly, a 2009 study concluded that “the topical application of probiotics…for prophylaxis (treatment) and therapy of overwhelming cutaneous pro-inflammatory immune reactions are very promising.” The RRDi affiliate store has a number of probiotic treatments to consider.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Just received the zz cream ,during this times around 15. Days of waiting i decided not to use anything on my face and let it on its own the results was that my face calmed down a little bit,my routine was washing only with water and doing oil cleansing once a week to remove the dead skin. Now my question are:
    1: i read that when you apply zz cream the eyes and nose start to swollen.is it safe for me because i have eye problem and its just a few days that i did a surgery to remove a blepharit?
    2: it is necessary to wash your face with cleanser before you apply zz cream ? My face is dry and i don’t like to use cleansers
    3:how long should i use it every day and after that start to use it occasionally ?

Thank you

Just received the zz cream ,during this times around 15. Days of waiting i decided not to use anything on my face and let it on its own the results was that my face calmed down a little bit,my routine was washing only with water and doing oil cleansing once a week to remove the dead skin. Now my question are:
    1: i read that when you apply zz cream the eyes and nose start to swollen.is it safe for me because i have eye problem and its just a few days that i did a surgery to remove a blepharit?
    2: it is necessary to wash your face with cleanser before you apply zz cream ? My face is dry and i don’t like to use cleansers
    3:how long should i use it every day and after that start to use it occasionally ?

Thank you

Keep the ZZ cream away from your eyes. You can apply the ZZ cream on your nose, forehead, scalp, cheeks, facial area, chin, neck. Up to you. I only apply it on the red spots.

Suggest you apply it at night just before bed and then close your eyes, let the zz cream dry on your face before putting your face on a pillow, and close your eyes, try to sleep. The ZZ cream may cause tearing of your eyes due to the menthol. So just try to go to sleep. Wash the ZZ cream off in the morning with water (if you have to, just a little Ivory soap and water). Don't apply it during the day since it is difficult to dissolve. Just apply it every night as just described.

Just wash your face with water (if you have to use a cleanser use a mild soap like Ivory), but just water will be fine.

You can apply it every day for about four weeks. You should see improvement by then. After four weeks, up to you how often to apply. If your face looks good, then only apply it as a maintenance once in a while or if a red spot appears.

The ZZ cream will dry your face, so you may need to apply your favorite moisturizer during the day. If you don't have a favorite, pick one, there are many to choose from.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 1st June 2018 at 12:07 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Keep the ZZ cream away from your eyes. You can apply the ZZ cream on your nose, forehead, scalp, cheeks, facial area, chin, neck. Up to you. I only apply it on the red spots.

Suggest you apply it at night just before bed and then close your eyes, let the zz cream dry on your face before putting your face on a pillow, and close your eyes, try to sleep. The ZZ cream may cause tearing of your eyes due to the menthol. So just try to go to sleep. Wash the ZZ cream off in the morning with water (if you have to, just a little Ivory soap and water). Don't apply it during the day since it is difficult to dissolve. Just apply it every night as just described.

Just wash your face with water (if you have to use a cleanser use a mild soap like Ivory), but just water will be fine.

You can apply it every day for about four weeks. You should see improvement by then. After four weeks, up to you how often to apply. If your face looks good, then only apply it as a maintenance once in a while or if a red spot appears.

The ZZ cream will dry your face, so you may need to apply your favorite moisturizer during the day. If you don't have a favorite, pick one, there are many to choose from.
    Thank you for your informative post . I use to moisturizer my face with pure shea butter from l’occitane,it really helped my face in the cold weather but not in the sunny days i just found it too heavy,is it safe to moisturize with ?it doesn’t feed demodex?
    So before i start i would like to report my current situation,with pictures.
    My skin now is not itchy ,calm with an occasional red spots, i have hyper pigmentation due to flares up, not perfectly smooth but dry skin in the papules areas.
    Tomorrow morning i will update my pictures before i start zz cream.

Wish good luck

Thank you for your informative post . I use to moisturizer my face with pure shea butter from l’occitane,it really helped my face in the cold weather but not in the sunny days i just found it too heavy,is it safe to moisturize with ?it doesn’t feed demodex? So before i start i would like to report my current situation,with pictures.
    My skin now is not itchy ,calm with an occasional red spots, i have hyper pigmentation due to flares up, not perfectly smooth but dry skin in the papules areas.
    Tomorrow morning i will update my pictures before i start zz cream. Wish good luck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it this moisturizer? I don't think it matters what moisturizer but some in this forum, like Tom Busby and others says certain ingredients feed the demodex and I haven't kept up with what ones are prohibited. Maybe someone will post in this thread if your moisturizer is on the prohibited list or not? One day I will probably write a post on this subject, but for now, unless you hear otherwise, use your favorite moisturizer. As I recall rose hip oil is allowed as a moisturizer.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Hi i want to update but i can’t upload pictures i don’t know why
    it’s now four days of applying Zz cream ,i am experiencing dry skin in the morning when i wakes up , i just apply it at night before bed,i use water to dilute it ,i found it difficult to remove in the morning with water so i am using a milky cleanser , toleriane by la roche posay.
    My skin is red itchy and hot,i hope i can upload some pictures

Hi i want to update but i can’t upload pictures i don’t know why
    it’s now four days of applying Zz cream ,i am experiencing dry skin in the morning when i wakes up , i just apply it at night before bed,i use water to dilute it ,i found it difficult to remove in the morning with water so i am using a milky cleanser , toleriane by la roche posay.My skin is red itchy and hot,i hope i can upload some pictures
    Yes, the ZZ cream is not easily removed in the am. Sounds like you figured out how to remove it. Is this the moisturizer you mentioned earlier in this thread?

Recommend you apply a little ZZ cream on your inside forearm and note if you have an allergic reaction of redness appearing within four to six hours. If you do, then you are obviously allergic or too sensitive to the ZZ cream. If you don't have any redness on your inside forearm, then what you are probably experiencing on your face is the beginning of the 'die-off' of the mites. Many report this happens, it gets worse before it gets better, not only with the ZZ cream but also other anti-demodex treatments such as Soolantra, Ovante Demodex Control Plus Anti Demodex Cream, Mite-B-Gone, Mitesil, Xin Fumanling and the list of demodectic treatments keeps growing. If you can stick it out for 30 days you should begin to see improvement. Many report that after a month or so of ZZ treatment, then you may experience clearance. You can then taper off the ZZ cream and only apply as a maintenance application as you see fit. The mites will return so you may need to continue applying the ZZ cream for months, if not years. The same is true with all the demodectic treatments.

You are the best judge as to whether you are experiencing an allergic reaction to the ZZ cream or experiencing a reaction to the eradication of the mites. The application on the inside of your forearm should differentiate and help you understand what is happening. Usually you will not experience any redness applying the ZZ cream to the inside of your forearm.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 7th June 2018 at 07:19 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi