Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I think I cured my "rosacea"

Quote Originally Posted by pink girl View Post
    yes money is an issue, I would only be able to pay for a few tests. It's so hard knowing where to start, there seems to be 100's of possible causes for rosacea and for each of the possible causes about 50 different treatment options.

I'm finally seeing a derm next month after a year and a half of going to doctors with this. But I'm not holding out much hope as I've already been told there's nothing really they can do for flushing.

Thanks for the information anyway guys.
    Pink girl, one thing you can do that has little expense before your derm appoint. Is to try changing
    Your diet-- low carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no gluten. It's tough. But it has helped me and many
    Many others on this forum. In some cases, positive results can occur in a few weeks.
    Best Regards, Birdie

Smile Congrats!

I just wanted to say congratulations on your success, bumpy face! Sending well wishes your way!

Quote Originally Posted by brianna_g View Post
    I just wanted to say congratulations on your success, bumpy face! Sending well wishes your way!
    Thanks so much! This thread was a bit tough for me. Honestly, I had read threads before but never felt inclined to register and post, but when I was able to so drastically improve my skin and overall health I very much wanted to share the information with others. The negativity my post garnered was not unexpected, but it felt kind of bad. I appreciate the support from all the others. I wish you luck and hope you give the Candida angle a shot. I would love to hear how it works (because it will to varying degrees) for others. Good luck to you!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Samilynn View Post
    We need to remember that we are all allowed to express our own personal beliefs and opinions.
    I don't agree with everyone's ideas on the forum. The only way to share info and learn from each other is to treat everyone with respect and kindness.

We all have arrived here for similar reasons. Some only seeming to suffer for a short time and others for 20 or more years. But we have all arrived in a similar position for what ever the reason. I just happen to agree that many of us suffer from a form of candida. I also agree that it could be up to 80% of the population. Most will not understand this until you have read several books or done some study related to yeast health issues as it is not mainstream. yeast & fungus are doing the work mother nature intended. They are very proficient at their job. They and other bacteria and similar types can hide from the human eye, camouflage to look like something that is not harmful and/or morph and change types to survive in a changed environment. I lived and experienced this myself and it was a nightmare worse than my dance with cancer. Yeast/candida does not always show up as skin issues for everyone. In others it can be one of the many inflammatory health issues. It can be connected to some some brain/hear/blood/gut/auto immune and many other health issues. The medical community is not yet trained nor educated to recognize or connect the dots. This info and ideas are fairly new to me in the last year of my own illness and learning.

In some opinions the modern diet is loaded with way more carbohybrites than our ancestors the hunter gather types. I'm never going to convince everyone on this forum that their skin issues are connected to yeast/candida/fungus. I have learned the hard way that many illnesses, including my past breast cancer. Hundreds of secondary illness with fancy medical names that can be caused by our over indulgence of sugar & bicarbonates. We think we eat a normal human diet but really it is not even close to what the human body needs to healthy. If you don't follow the FDA food triangle and cut the carbs/sugar and eat veggies & fat, via meat or vegetable oils most people lose weight. I did with similar type candida diet with no intentions of losing 15 lbs in the last 2 months. The older you are and the longer you have been eating a diet with carbs and sugar the longer it takes to heal this internally and externally.

This is my opinion and experience only. If I was a gambler I would bet my money on this being common knowledge in the next 20 years - way to late for me.

Mini novel/rant over. Attachment 2021
    I'm so sorry for all your health problems! I couldn't agree more. The medical community is just now starting to understand the importance of gut health. Personally, now that I have educated myself and seen such drastic changes in my health, I find it shocking that this is not yet a mainstream approach from the medical community. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Good luck to you in all things.

Thanks birdie

I am currently on the leaky gut diet which is supposed to heal the gut, it's also supposed to help autoimmune diseases which I have. On this diet though you can eat certain fruit, does this count as sugar still even though it's natural sugars or is fruit something you'd recommend cutting out?

Quote Originally Posted by pink girl View Post
    Thanks birdie

I am currently on the leaky gut diet which is supposed to heal the gut, it's also supposed to help autoimmune diseases which I have. On this diet though you can eat certain fruit, does this count as sugar still even though it's natural sugars or is fruit something you'd recommend cutting out?
    Your welcome. Sounds as though we share some of the same health concerns. I have autoimmune
    Problems as well. For the past 4 months, I'm doing a variation of the paleo diet-- bonebroth,
    Lean protein, a lot of veggies and still experimenting with fruit. So far I can eat canteloupe, bananas,
    Raisins, peaches. I eat one small serving of fruit every day. It's the only " sugar" I allow. Some
    People find they can not tolerate fruit sugars; so far, in my experience, if I can have a little fruit
    Every day and it does not bother me, I'm happier to have this sweetness as part of my diet. Otherwise,
    It gets pretty drab.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpy face View Post
    I'm so sorry for all your health problems! I couldn't agree more. The medical community is just now starting to understand the importance of gut health. Personally, now that I have educated myself and seen such drastic changes in my health, I find it shocking that this is not yet a mainstream approach from the medical community. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Good luck to you in all things.
    Thank you! I think some are finally starting to get the connection. I wish I had known more of this gut/candida info years ago but it seems we don't have interests until we are forced. Me - first breast cancer but still did not see the connection, then the skin issues in this last year was what forced me to learn more since I could not get help from most doctors. It's terrible that I am more concerned because it really effects your life when your face and skin looks like hell. The cancer and it's treatments/surgeries can be camouflaged so not everyone that looks at you knows right away. But there is no make up that will hide the stuff on my face and other exposed parts of my body.

I don't think you can go wrong with trying some type of candida - or low carb diet. It is no quick fix if you have immune system or really bad gut/blood candida. You younger folks should have some healing effects much sooner than those of us that are older that had bad eating habits for way to many years. Good Luck!