Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I cured my "rosacea"

Oh, I was wrong -- should have written butenifine hydrochoride (Lotrimin Ultra), instead of terbafine.

Dryfairskin I would recommend Dr Mary Gray,Corbally,Limerick.She is not a great dermatologist but she will do whatever tests you want. But remember you have to be assertive and know what you want.I dont live in Ireland anymore but where ever i am in the world I will always get what I want from a derm cause i will not take "oh theres no need to do that or theres no need to prescribe that" for an answer.I know more about what I have than they will ever know.

nat007 I agree with everything you say except for the term subgroups.It kind of implies that we all suffer from the same thing but with different causes.I think that there is a medical term for all rosacea mimics and it would be a lot more helpful for everyone here to find the proper name.If I was able to cure my rosacea with diet alone then the first thing I would want to find out is exactly what it is that I have,instead of continuing on in life thinking that I have cured a subtype of rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    nat007 I agree with everything you say except for the term subgroups.It kind of implies that we all suffer from the same thing but with different causes.I think that there is a medical term for all rosacea mimics and it would be a lot more helpful for everyone here to find the proper name.If I was able to cure my rosacea with diet alone then the first thing I would want to find out is exactly what it is that I have,instead of continuing on in life thinking that I have cured a subtype of rosacea.
    Yeah I think that you might be right here. However, it's still not entirely clear. The prof. derms I see seem to think that rosacea can come in a lot of shapes and forms, with different symptoms, triggers and even treatment modalities. Some people have rosacea and one of the other different medical conditions you mentioned, overlapping each other. For a lot of people (and doctors) it is unclear for a long time what exactly is going on and what exact (skin)conditions they have. Its not always a matter of not wanting to find out about this, for me it took for instance many years and over 6 dermatologists to get a clear idea of my issues and its still not entirely clear. My derm now has me try out mastocytosis medication, thinking I might have that as an underlying complication (I doubt it btw). Sometimes its a massive jigsaw puzzle unfrt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    I can't comment on rosacea but white tongue is cured by adding Oil of Oregano to your toothpaste. Only 5 drops are needed in about 100 ml of toothpaste. If you can't add it to toothpaste (because not many tubes are flexible) make a small batch, like 1 drop in 20 ml water and a drop of honey, and brush your teeth and tongue with that, and then finish with regular toothpaste.
    That's because oil of Oregano kills yeast. It is one of the supplements that is recommended for Candida treatment. That's a great tip, but if that is working for you then you should also consider consulting a nutritionist that can help rid your entire body of yeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Well I can argue with that.I think that the first thing that people should learn when coming here is to educate themselves on the tests that they should carry out if conventional methods of treatment are not working.They should insist on a skin biopsy and tape test and be tested for food intolerences and food allergies and whatever else.Every derm has access to a microbiologist but its up to us to make sure that they test us properly and insist on it.Its almost impossible for a mechanic to know whats wrong with my car by looking under the bonnet(hood) and I think the same applies to dermatology.There is too much guessing.Look for instance at seb derm.This,like rosacea is chronic but its irrefutable that this condition can be controlled by certain topical antifungals.By eliminating the malassezia you will see a marked improvement in this condition and this is a fact for all of us that suffer this.If you dont then you dont have seb derm.But I would bet that there are people here who are taking antibiotics and using topical metronidazole to treat this fungal infection.And similar tinea infections.All they are doing is adding to their woes and the confusion.Now I know that these tests can be costly but so can visiting 10 different derms and getting different diagnoses along the way.Some people can feel quite inhibited when visiting a derm especially when your young and inhibited.So I think a list of derms that carry out these tests on request and without dispute should be compiled.Every country,every state and every province.People should know exactly where to go in every corner of the rosacea world.They should know exactly what tests need to be carried out to find the rosacea mimic.In my opinion rosacea is one of a handful of conditions that is caused by over sensitive skin.It can be congenital or self induced.Diet can help to reduce inflammation and symtoms but is not a cure.For those who have been totally cured by diet then I will say it again.You dont and never did have rosacea.Of course this is just my opinion.I respect your opinions Bumpy (but now clear) face and I admire you for staying on here and helping others that have your condition even though you have cured yours.But it would be a whole lot easier if you had the proper name for this.In my humble opinion I would guess at a form of dermatitis herpeticum.But lets do away with the guesswork.
    I absolutely agree with you and appreciate all your posts. I would take your approach a step further and recommend that any person with a chronic health condition, including skin issues, see a nutritionist and have their stool tested for yeast and parasites. My approach will improve your overall health and immune function. Even under the scenario that I had Candida/wheat allergy and you have rosacea, even if your rosacea isn't "cured" under this approach, your overall immune function will improve as will the health of your skin even if you still suffer from rosacea. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by redfacegirl View Post
    I sent you a message but I'm not sure if it worked or not. But I'm 15 and I have rosacea and seb derm. It started 10 months ago and I think I have the same thing as you do. I was reading about the candida yeast overgrowth for a while and I have all the symptoms even the white tongue. I have a eating disorder because of how depressed Ive been over the months. I was binge eating on all the foods that feeds the yeast I don't want to go into details about that though. Anyway, I'm trying the diet but I keep messing up. I really need advice. I don't know alot about supplements but I want to start taking them. Can they make rosacea redness worse? And can they cause pimples? Haha sorry I haven't really tried anything for my rosacea besides creams the derms. Have gave me. Thank you!!
    Red face girl, I totally sympathize with how you are feeling. Because you are only 15 and have suffered from an eating disorder I don't think it is appropriate for me to counsel you via the internet on your diet. If it is possible for you to see a nutritionist, you should. Only a highly trained professional can be trusted in your case. I wish you the best of luck!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dryfairskin View Post
    Any derms I saw in Ireland wouldn't get me a skin biopsy , it's as though they regard it as an insult to their professional opinion. Would like to get one for demodex and if follucits is bacteriall or fungal related.
    Additionally, you might consider going to a nutritionist and getting your stool tested.

Absolutely !00% agree with you Bumpy face.Now thats a test that I overlooked and one that should most definitely be added to the list.I think the gut can play an important part in sudden onset of rosaceiform dermatitis.For anyone here who has had good skin and in a short period of time develops a facial dermatitis I think the first place to check is the gut.This is quite evident now from people who suffer S.I.B.O induced R.D.Certain anti cancer medications can have a sudden onset of rosaceiform derm and again I would put this down to what the medication is doing to the gut.

nat007 I know exactly what you mean.I have been to the best of derms over the years.Even the esteemed and revered Dr Frank Powell.Hoping that they might tell me something that I dont know.But I was just kidding myself.The internet is a gift to all of us and we are all more informed.I have been around a lot longer than the internet and believe me those times were torturous trying to find answers.I remember when I first got seb derm in my early 20s and the crap that I was given by derms.I still have nightmares just thinking about it.Young people are much luckier today and they can avoid the hell that I went through.I wish you well my friend and I hope you find the answer.