Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I cured my "rosacea"

Wink I think I cured my "rosacea"

My WHOLE story, bear with me: Just after I gave birth to my first child I got a terrible MRSA infection and had to go on very strong antibiotics. When my daughter was about 9 months old, my face became terribly ruddy/red and I had bumps all over. That was over 3 years ago. My dermatologist diagnosed me with rosacea. I imagined it was related to my hormones (pregnancy, birth, breast feeding, etc.). I didn't have flushing, but a constant redness and bumps covering my face. It was so bad, that at some point the bumps practically created an even layer over my skin and if I covered the redness with heavy make-up I almost looked acceptable. My derm prescribed finacea and oracea. I chickened out on the oracea after about a month. I wasn't comfortable being on a long term antibiotic. The finacea didn't help and I only used it occasionally.

I have spent the last year treating myself. Everything I did helped improve my skin a little bit. I went for monthly microdermabrasion and when I couldn't afford it anymore I did my own monthly lactic acid peels. I started using a homeopathic remedy (by Native Remedies) called Skin Dr. At this point I started using Finacea again and felt that it, combined with the homeopathy, was making more of a difference. I altered my diet by eliminating processed foods including rice and pasta. This all helped my skin somewhat, but now for the big cure: I am taking Candigone and probiotics to treat Candida. It turns out, my rosacea is really (I believe) a candida symptom. I now believe that being on such a strong antibiotic after my daughter was born created a yeast overgrowth in my system. My skin, which had been steadily improving with the other treatments but still was pretty ugh, has improved 90% by taking anti-Candida herbs and probiotics (I also cut out all sugar and most gluten). Additionally, so many symptoms that I had attributed to just being my new normal after becoming a mom have resolved: fatigue, hemorrhoids, moodiness, anxiety, plus a decades old sinus condition, post-nasal drip, bad breath, etc. It has really been a miracle for me. I am continuing the peels to help with scarring. Now, I'm not sure if all rosacea is related to Candida or if it is sometimes just misdiagnosed, but it is definitely worth exploring. Good luck and please contact me with your results if you do try to treat your rosacea as Candida.
    Last edited by Bumpy face; 9th September 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpy face View Post
    My WHOLE story, bear with me: Just after I gave birth to my first child I got a terrible MRSA infection and had to go on very strong antibiotics. When my daughter was about 9 months old, my face became terribly ruddy/red and I had bumps all over. That was over 3 years ago. My dermatologist diagnosed me with rosacea. I imagined it was related to my hormones (pregnancy, birth, breast feeding, etc.). I didn't have flushing, but a constant redness and bumps covering my face. It was so bad, that at some point the bumps practically created an even layer over my skin and if I covered the redness with heavy make-up I almost looked acceptable. My derm prescribed finacea and oracea. I chickened out on the oracea after about a month. I wasn't comfortable being on a long term antibiotic. The finacea didn't help and I only used it occasionally.

I have spent the last year treating myself. Everything I did helped improve my skin a little bit. I went for monthly microdermabrasion and when I couldn't afford it anymore I did my own monthly lactic acid peels. I started using a homeopathic remedy (by Native Remedies) called Skin Dr. At this point I started using Finacea again and felt that it, combined with the homeopathy, was making more of a difference. I altered my diet by eliminating processed foods including rice and pasta. This all helped my skin somewhat, but now for the big cure: I am taking Candigone and probiotics to treat Candida. It turns out, my rosacea is really (I believe) a candida symptom. I now believe that being on such a strong antibiotic after my daughter was born created a yeast overgrowth in my system. My skin, which had been steadily improving with the other treatments but still was pretty ugh, has improved 90% by taking anti-Candida herbs and probiotics (I also cut out all sugar and most gluten). Additionally, so many symptoms that I had attributed to just being my new normal after becoming a mom have resolved: fatigue, hemorrhoids, moodiness, anxiety, plus a decades old sinus condition, post-nasal drip, bad breath, etc. It has really been a miracle for me. I am continuing the peels to help with scarring. Now, I'm not sure if all rosacea is related to Candida or if it is sometimes just misdiagnosed, but it is definitely worth exploring. Good luck and please contact me with your results if you do try to treat your rosacea as Candida.
    Thank you, I'm very interested in this possible link at present. My rosacea (subtype II) symptoms began around the same time that my partner at the time was suffering from repeated candida infections. My derm isn't interested in the theory, but I feel I have to investigate it further......

Default You didnt cure your Rosacea

You didnt cure your Rosacea.You cured something else which you or your Dermatologist thought was Rosacea.Thats the biggest problem with rosaceagroup and why the cure for Rosacea has eluded us for so long.So many people here should not be here.Your condition sounds something like Dermatitis Herpeticum or an intolerence to certain food groups which,like sooo many other conditions can mimic Rosacea depending on the strength of your facial skin.Dermatologists charge so much more for their service than a G.P and I have no idea why.Is it because they memorise the thousands of pictures of certain skin disorders.Because thats all they do when they examine us.Or maybe were paying extra for the 100 watt light that they shine in our faces.Im glad you cured your problem,whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    You didnt cure your Rosacea.You cured something else which you or your Dermatologist thought was Rosacea.Thats the biggest problem with rosaceagroup and why the cure for Rosacea has eluded us for so long.So many people here should not be here.Your condition sounds something like Dermatitis Herpeticum or an intolerence to certain food groups which,like sooo many other conditions can mimic Rosacea depending on the strength of your facial skin.Dermatologists charge so much more for their service than a G.P and I have no idea why.Is it because they memorise the thousands of pictures of certain skin disorders.Because thats all they do when they examine us.Or maybe were paying extra for the 100 watt light that they shine in our faces.Im glad you cured your problem,whatever it was.
    Yes, that's why I said "rosacea" not rosacea. I agree with you. But, I think there are probably tons of people like me who are suffering with what they think is rosacea. I suffered, just as all of you on here have, for four long years. I would still be suffering if I had not found this approach. 80% of the population is thought to be suffering from Candida (due to our food supply and antibiotic use), treating candida is worth a try for anyone suffering from rosacea. I recommend seeing a qualified nutritionist and giving it a shot. It certainly won't make things worse. If rosacea is an immune system issue, this approach will work for those symptoms Since yeast overgrowth compromises your immune system and overall health. Good luck. I hope you find relief soon.

Sorry I misunderstood you but one could still infer from your mail that you cured some form of a candida induced rosacea.In my opinion candida can induce a rosaceiform dermatitis and a myriad of other complaints.Everyone needs to have better and more precise medical examinations instead of emperical
    tests and self diagnosing.All this is doing is adding to the confusion for those with true rosacea who are
    looking for the best treatment.Rosaceagroups has ended up with hundreds of different "cures",adding to
    the confusion and truth be told Im sure that a lot of these cures were treating something else that was mimicing rosacea.I feel sorry for those who are new to this group or finding it for the first time.They really
    have a lot to sift through.So much that they could spend years going in all directions.

I empathize with your position on this, but aren't all of us who are suffering from the same symptoms in this thing together? I, like you, was diagnosed with rosacea. I tried Oracea, Finacea, homeopathy, spa treatments, peels, creams, etc. I suffered from depression and isolated myself because of my feelings about my skin. It was really bad. And, part of the reason that I found my miracle cure is because I was on this very website and someone wrote that they cured their rosacea with a probiotic called Bacillus Coagulans. Someone just like you responded to that person and basically told him to get off the site because you can't cure rosacea. The thing is though, that post helped set me on a course that truly changed my life. It got me looking at gut health, leaky gut syndrome, candida etc. I bought the Candida Cleanse on a lark as I was walking through Whole Foods. The cleanse and change of diet has restored my health across the board. How do you know that there aren't thousands like me who can see my post and find their own miracle? Btw, have you ever researched the link between rosacea and candida? There are many who believe the link us real. For example: http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/skin4.php

I hope you explore it because it might really help you too. I can't tell you what a relief it is to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you good health and luck.

Sorry I misunderstood you but one could still infer from your mail that you cured some form of a candida induced rosacea.In my opinion candida can induce a rosaceiform dermatitis and a myriad of other complaints.Everyone needs to have better and more precise medical examinations instead of emperical
    tests and self diagnosing.All this is doing is adding to the confusion for those with true rosacea who are
    looking for the best treatment.Rosaceagroups has ended up with hundreds of different "cures",adding to
    the confusion and truth be told Im sure that a lot of these cures were treating something else that was mimicing rosacea.I feel sorry for those who are new to this group or finding it for the first time.They really
    have a lot to sift through.So much that they could spend years going in all directions.
    there is debate over what rosacea actually is, the figure of some saying 10% of the population suffering from rosacea is disputed by some deems. i was told by a deem that rosacea is latin for redness or something alone those lines. i havent googled to check accuracy of this. in ireland alot of people have slightly red faces and facial spider veins due to being fair skinned but not all of them have the flushing or papules and therefore do they have rosacea? in my view probably not in the stricest sense. that doesnt mean that if they have concerns about their skin that they should be demised. also people who have facial redness or other conditions such as seb deem or should they be discouraged from posting on this site as it is very helpful site for people with facial redness and papules.

Regarding rosacea , it can be helped by lifesytle factors. i have web derm and rosacea(mainly flushing). if i dont drink , smoke and stay away from heat i can control excessive flushing, also diet can help as stomach issues have an impact. probiotics and fiber help me. however they are not a cure. if it was the cause of rosacea then i would be cured. i think rosacea is primarily due to genes and possibly due to demodex for certain people. if it was due to ibs etc then why dont all people with ibs suffer from rosacea. if people can find help for whatever symptons they suffer from and have concerns then great.

m

Default Loretta

Actually I would not be surprised if there isn't a link with the Candida. As for myself, through my entire life I fought yeast problems, all the way from feminine itch to a lump on the roof of my mouth that would not go away. When it was excised by oral surgeon it was diagnosed as yeast, or thrush. I too know that when my Dermatologist diagnosed me as having Rosacea, I totally believed him because it gets incredibly worse if I get hot or sweat. I don't eat spicy foods or drink hot drinks so could not tell by that. I also learned early on to avoid lots of facial creams, witch hazel, alcohol, etc. Lately, I too have been ingesting supplemental pro-biotics, and noticed it seemed to help slightly. Unfortunately no miracle though. (A slight improvement was wonderful to me through all of this suffering).

Bumpy face You will have to change your name since you found your cure.I dont see where your empathy is since you seem to be criticising everything I said.You are the perfect example of the people I mentioned who suffer for a long time trying different things to cure their problem.Here you are today and you dont know what you cured.Does it have a name.Is what you have the real rosacea.Will the real rosacea sufferers please stand up.Now I know that there are a lot of people that this site has helped and its a great source of information.I believe that there are connections between rosacea,seb derm and perioral dermatitis(rosacea variant) and the people that have these conditions can benefit greatly here.But they can also suffer here.If you have something that looks like one of these then you could be stuck here for years,spending endless amounts of money treating something that is not R,seb derm or P.D or treating something that is rosacea with something that you shouldnt use,because someone who didnt have rosacea endorsed it. Some people seem to think that we are all made up in a different way and what works for one may not work for another.I dont agree with this.I think that what works for one but doesnt work for another means that these two individuals have two different conditions.But having all of us bundled here together,is that a help or a hindrance.This would be just a guess but I believe that this site is full of people with facial tinea infections,dermatitis herpeticum,perioral bacterial infections,perioral fungal infections,candida induced facial dermatitis and rosaceiform and many other conditions of which the morphology has changed from use of steroids or topical immuno modulators.Every now and then there is a rave over something and we all jump on the band wagon hoping that this will cure us.But so many here dont know what they got or have been misdiagnosed or self diagnosed or they put up pictures and we try to guess what they have.If this is the only way that it can work then I think that a lot of people will suffer for a long time here.

This user has been banned from this forum

Bumpy face You will have to change your name since you found your cure.I dont see where your empathy is since you seem to be criticising everything I said.You are the perfect example of the people I mentioned who suffer for a long time trying different things to cure their problem.Here you are today and you dont know what you cured.Does it have a name.Is what you have the real rosacea.Will the real rosacea sufferers please stand up.Now I know that there are a lot of people that this site has helped and its a great source of information.I believe that there are connections between rosacea,seb derm and perioral dermatitis(rosacea variant) and the people that have these conditions can benefit greatly here.But they can also suffer here.If you have something that looks like one of these then you could be stuck here for years,spending endless amounts of money treating something that is not R,seb derm or P.D or treating something that is rosacea with something that you shouldnt use,because someone who didnt have rosacea endorsed it. Some people seem to think that we are all made up in a different way and what works for one may not work for another.I dont agree with this.I think that what works for one but doesnt work for another means that these two individuals have two different conditions.But having all of us bundled here together,is that a help or a hindrance.This would be just a guess but I believe that this site is full of people with facial tinea infections,dermatitis herpeticum,perioral bacterial infections,perioral fungal infections,candida induced facial dermatitis and rosaceiform and many other conditions of which the morphology has changed from use of steroids or topical immuno modulators.Every now and then there is a rave over something and we all jump on the band wagon hoping that this will cure us.But so many here dont know what they got or have been misdiagnosed or self diagnosed or they put up pictures and we try to guess what they have.If this is the only way that it can work then I think that a lot of people will suffer for a long time here.
    You cant argue with any of that