Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Best Make up to use ??

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9
    Country: Canada

    Default Best Make up to use ??

    Any recommendations on what make up to use to cover up redness? I was looking at Dermablend, has anyone tried this brand??

    There is literally a million brands out there, if I could get it narrowed down on what ingredients maybe to avoid, and/or look it would be great !

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee201 View Post
    Any recommendations on what make up to use to cover up redness? I was looking at Dermablend, has anyone tried this brand??

    There is literally a million brands out there, if I could get it narrowed down on what ingredients maybe to avoid, and/or look it would be great !


    my knowledge in the makeup department is rather limited but i know to avoid bismuth and i think u have to be careful with mica too. i dont know if this just applies to mineral makeup or not. i havent tried dermablend but i know others here have, so hopefully someone will chime in.
    if you want to look at mineral makeup everyday minerals and joppa minerals seem pretty safe. they both also have a green concealer which can help hide redness
    HTH

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Thanks lucy

    I really wish more people would post some replies to this ...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee201 View Post
    Thanks lucy

    I really wish more people would post some replies to this ...


    theres lots of threads you might want to look through, im sure theres been posts about dermablend before. ive recently tried out a few other brands and have come back to joppa minerals. i think generally mineral makeup is meant to be best for sensitive skin although some people find it irritating. i guess it really does depend on the ingredients and the individual as we all react so differently. you could always send off for a few samples from places before you go and splurge. its something like 30p each so you can try out different shades and coverage. i know its a bit overwhelming! best of luck

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2
    Country: UK

    Default

    I use Dermablend foundation. I like the coverage it gives, it covers the redness and disguises any bumps I may have.

    I also use Bare Minerals / Bare Escentuals mineral Ready powder foundation (less drying than their original foundation powder) which I find covers well and doesn't irritate my skin in any way. For a big night out I would use both, otherwise I alternate between the two.

    I'd advise you to visit a Bare Minerals store as they'll show you how to apply anomaly the right shade. The first time I tried it, I was genuinely quite amazed!

  6. #6
    Senior Member moomy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK- yorkshire
    Posts
    557

    Default

    the clinique redness solutions range is very good. It is all green tinted and includes moisturiser, foundation, powder, coverstick etc. Very good and non obvious coverage.
    dx early 2006.
    current stategy;
    finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    i use the healty mix from bourjois

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    188
    Country: UK

    Default Orange peel skin

    I seem to have the whole lot orange peel skin spider veins spots and supper sensitive skin .
    Iím so scared to try new makeup Iím not using any at the moment and I look awful.
    Iím using Cerave moisturising lotion at the moment instead of oil of Olay sensitive which Iíve used for years
    Iím not sure about Cerave moisturiser my pores have gotten huge. Iím not sure if itís the moisturiser or just the disease.
    I feel I need to start covering up because me face looks a mess I have ocular rosacea so canít wear eye makeup.
    Iíve heard mixed reviews about bare minerals .
    Anyone else got super sensitive spot prone orange peal skin had any success with non ititating makeup?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I seem to have the whole lot orange peel skin spider veins spots and supper sensitive skin .
    Iím so scared to try new makeup Iím not using any at the moment and I look awful.
    Iím using Cerave moisturising lotion at the moment instead of oil of Olay sensitive which Iíve used for years
    Iím not sure about Cerave moisturiser my pores have gotten huge. Iím not sure if itís the moisturiser or just the disease.
    I feel I need to start covering up because me face looks a mess I have ocular rosacea so canít wear eye makeup.
    Iíve heard mixed reviews about bare minerals .
    Anyone else got super sensitive spot prone orange peal skin had any success with non ititating makeup?
    Hi Rubydo,
    My skin started to react to all foundations (even ones for sensitive skin) when those horrible disease started so instead of foundation I now use only tinted sunscreen with only 7 ingredients. I buy it from

    https://www.rosacea.ie/collections/e...en-for-rosacea
    It has been a lifesaver for me as I could not go to work without something on my face ( as well as sunscreen being important)
    A tube lasts ages. I mix 3/4 fair with 1/4 dark and it gives me the right colour for my skin ( which is medium)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    102
    Country: England

    Default

    i use the kalme chameleon concealer , have done since this awful thing started ... and im a man

    nobody has ever commented on me wearing it at work and i work in a very male dominated industry - i sometimes do get a bit paranoid when im sat next to workmates and they can see my skin close up as im sure you can tell im wearing something but i think everyone just accepts it now !

    if anyone said anything i would just say its tinted moisturiser ...

Similar Threads

  1. make-up
    By alynotfromcali in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12th April 2009, 09:09 PM
  2. Make-up?
    By Nico. in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th May 2008, 12:17 PM
  3. make up
    By neilbatt in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd February 2008, 09:22 AM
  4. make-up
    By radar in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd September 2006, 07:30 AM
  5. Make Up
    By clsykes00 in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th December 2005, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •