Page 27 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say thanks to the people posting their results so far. Keep em coming!
    Two more weeks before its available in my area.

Something interesting I read about Mirvaso: One of the many patents Galderma holds for Mirvaso is for the purpose of using it to treat broken blood vessels. (telangiectasis).
    So there may be even more benefits than just the obvious redness reduction.

For the people that can't get Mirvazo, why not try Brimonidine in the eye drop form used for Glaucoma. It has been mentioned on this site before and is available now. It has been used for Rosacea and shown to work the same way.

Default I am interested to see how this goes

Hello all. Long time lurker first post in two years. Huge case of diffuse redness. No pimples or pustules. 24 yo. Red hair. Have tried oracea , beta blockers and lasers. They did nothing for me as I don't have bumps on face or any veins large enough to be zapped. I have been wearing makeup to cover the redness for last 2 years. I'm a guy too so believe me it's embarrassing to say I use make up. But it has made some redness more bearable and only one person has ever asked me if I wear makeup. I live in the northern states where it's cold. Just went to the derm today. They are giving prescriptions out folks! I got a sample bottle and hope to acquire the big bottle soon. I will post updates as I see how this stuff works.

Default Hydrocortisine lotion helps prevent rebound

Quote Originally Posted by alyfpet View Post
    Just an update. I had a bad night last night, with more redness and itching/tingling than usual in my problem areas, so, I didn't use the Mirvaso this morning. Today, I am having a horrible rosacea day. My face is hot, flushy, and redder than usual.

I can't say it's the Mirvaso, because my last application was 36 hours ago. I assume that rebound would not be that long lived from just 3 applications? Regardless, I'm going to stay away until my skin settles.

The only other thing that may be causing the redness/flushing is an antihistamine that I am on day 3 of taking (Clarinex). I think that sometimes the antihistamine dries my skin out and makes my rosacea worse. I am hoping that is it. I don't want to think that this new treatment will not ultimately help me. I was so excited.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty depressed today about this.

Alyssa
    I have found that mixing Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1 or 2 %) is very effective in preventing any rebound effects or delayed redness.

Was anybody able to have this prescribed by a regular doctor and not a dermatologist?

Hello,

Is there somebody who has used first brimonidine eye drops and later Mirvaso gel? I wonder is Mirvaso somehow much more effective than those eye drops, especially when we talk about blocking flushes?

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by wjs View Post
    I have found that mixing Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1 or 2 %) is very effective in preventing any rebound effects or delayed redness.
    Ive seen this also , somewhere before
    Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 25th September 2013 at 04:42 PM.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by sepi View Post
    Hello,

Is there somebody who has used first brimonidine eye drops and later Mirvaso gel? I wonder is Mirvaso somehow much more effective than those eye drops, especially when we talk about blocking flushes?

That's the other 6 million Dollar Question

Very good my friend .

Default Update

Last night I wore from 6PM to 7Am this morning. Reapplied for the day, will wear it 9 hrs, then go to the gym. So far it is absolutely wonderful, but we'll see at the gym tonight, and then tomorrow I am not going to use it at all and see about any rebound redness. Will let you all know

Quote Originally Posted by anon24 View Post
    Last night I wore from 6PM to 7Am this morning. Reapplied for the day, will wear it 9 hrs, then go to the gym. So far it is absolutely wonderful, but we'll see at the gym tonight, and then tomorrow I am not going to use it at all and see about any rebound redness. Will let you all know
    Please do mate! Any input here is valuable to us brits!

Anyone here with flushing problems instead of perm redness and KPRF etc?