Page 23 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

If this is only works for permanent redness what good does it do if you react to something that you would normally make you flush will the redness from the trigger come through anyway? I do not have permanent redness but flush everyday is this supposed to help with that or not.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by cricket0117 View Post
    If this is only works for permanent redness what good does it do if you react to something that you would normally make you flush will the redness from the trigger come through anyway? I do not have permanent redness but flush everyday is this supposed to help with that or not.
    This is the 6 million dollar question

And Im waiting for someone to come on here with flushing as their only symptom

And tell us that Mirvaso has stopped the flushing

Simple YES or NO

So far there hasn't been one person yet

Default Still waiting...

I just wanted to let all you guys know I haven't forgot about you! My pharmacist is still trying to get the drug delivered to them by the wholesaler. I was told yesterday it would only be a few more days. I will post updates here and progress pics as well!

It's already been said, but if someone has facial flushing and burning as their main symptom please let us know if it helps for that at all.

My MAIN and major symptom in flushing - moderate to severe. I just talked to my derm today and she is calling in a script today for Mivaso. I don't know when I will get it (based on the fact that I know they will have to order it). But, against many people's advice, I am going to give this a try. My flushing is so bad, I have considered ETS - so I am definititely willing to try Mirvaso.

To me - it seems like it will help with flushing since it restricts blood vessels - but I am very worried about rebound when the product starts to wear off. It is actually stated in the prescribing booklet that after 3-4 hours some people experienced flushing as the product began to wear off.

Who knows until we try?? I will try and let everyone know. I am a flusher - so this will be a good trial run for people. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jlb2010 View Post
    My MAIN and major symptom in flushing - moderate to severe. I just talked to my derm today and she is calling in a script today for Mivaso. I don't know when I will get it (based on the fact that I know they will have to order it). But, against many people's advice, I am going to give this a try. My flushing is so bad, I have considered ETS - so I am definititely willing to try Mirvaso.

To me - it seems like it will help with flushing since it restricts blood vessels - but I am very worried about rebound when the product starts to wear off. It is actually stated in the prescribing booklet that after 3-4 hours some people experienced flushing as the product began to wear off.

Who knows until we try?? I will try and let everyone know. I am a flusher - so this will be a good trial run for people. Wish me luck.

Thank you sir

You hit the nail on the head there in everything you said

And at the moment You are that person we have all been looking for

Best of luck with it

So great to read people's experiences with Mirvaso here
    I'm also really curious what it will do. I have severe facial flushing issues, daily, and some general redness (but when cool and calm my skin looks pale, I don't have permanent redness). I remember from the brimonidine trial that my face would go really pale and I had no flushing either at that point. Was at a party and it was warm and in the summer, but I stayed pale for a good 4 hours if I remember correctly. Note that I asked a pharmacist for the right mix of brimonidine powder and water, and I might have gotten the balance of ingredients entirely wrong back then. And after 4 hours I just applied more. But after those 4 or 5 hours the rebound flushing was really severe.

I hope the Mirvaso cream will not create this and I will also try it once I can get a tube of it through a friend perhaps. I hope to use it for the odd night out or something really important socially, where I don't want to put make up on which my skin hates and reacts badly to. Fingers crossed and hope to read much more reviews from users here.
    Uses: 22,5 mg mirtazapine, clonidine and propranolol, Xyzal at times.
    Diet: trying low sugar, no gluten and dairy, high protein diet.
    Link to my rosacea blog:http://scarletnat.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    So great to read people's experiences with Mirvaso here
    I'm also really curious what it will do. I have severe facial flushing issues, daily, and some general redness (but when cool and calm my skin looks pale, I don't have permanent redness). I remember from the brimonidine trial that my face would go really pale and I had no flushing either at that point. Was at a party and it was warm and in the summer, but I stayed pale for a good 4 hours if I remember correctly. Note that I asked a pharmacist for the right mix of brimonidine powder and water, and I might have gotten the balance of ingredients entirely wrong back then. And after 4 hours I just applied more. But after those 4 or 5 hours the rebound flushing was really severe.

I hope the Mirvaso cream will not create this and I will also try it once I can get a tube of it through a friend perhaps. I hope to use it for the odd night out or something really important socially, where I don't want to put make up on which my skin hates and reacts badly to. Fingers crossed and hope to read much more reviews from users here.
    Thanks nat007

I have the exact same problem as you

Now we are starting to get places
    Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 23rd September 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Just wanted to pop back in for a quick update. My pharmacy said they'd need to order it...actually at first the guy said, What even is this??. But he said it should be in tomorrow sometime. That's pretty fast if you ask me, I thought it would be like a week!

Also, it was covered by my insurance which brought it to $99 and then I used the savings card from the mirvaso website (http://mirvaso.com/) which brought it to $50.

I'll let you know what happens when I actually get it!!

I have a derm appointment on Wednesday and should be able to pick up Mirvaso later that day or Thursday morning. I plan on test patching it first, then if everything seems ok I will take a picture of before and after so everyone can see how it works (if it works at all for me haha).. I basically have light pinkness in my cheeks and nose. No pustules and no severe redness. The only time i tend to get a touch more red is when i eat poorly for a elongated time or drink heavily the night before. Anyways, I hope to have a review up shortly for the people that are curious and that live outside of the US.