Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post vbeam

Default Post vbeam

Hi ! I haven't posted here but have been reading for a while. Finally Got the courage to have my 1 st vbeam done 2 months ago. First one went fine. Redness only lasted an hr and was little swollen after for a few days. My derm had used the candela vbeam perfecta. I had the 2 nd treatment done 3 days ago. My skin still has lingering redness at this point so I am a little worried. compared the the last one, it just seemed like the skin got much redder and I wasn't expecting it with the perfecta. And my skin is dry and peeling everywhere. Almost like I had a sunburn. is this normal? Thanks

Everything you described is normal. You must have been treated at very low levels the first time. Usually recovery takes up to 6 weeks or more. Thakes me a long time to get rid of vbeam dryness. I spra my face with spring water and apply a mixture of vanicream, couple of drops of olive oil and a couple of drops of emu oil twice a day. I also give myself a milk mask (sometimes half and half) with a couple of drips of olive oil in it. Apply, and let it dry 3 times and rinse. If your skin is blistered be veery careful when you put anything on it
    Arlene

Update on my progress in case people are interested.
    By day 4 the dry skin peeled off when I washed my face. The skin is less red but still more red than before vbeam treatment.
    Day 5 less dryness . Redness is a little patchy. More red where rosacea is worse and less red in other places. Overall, still more red than before treatment but less red each day. I thought the vbeam perfecta model was not supposed to cause redness postop that's why I was worried. Did you have yours treated. With the same machine? Cause I do see people that have the pdl with these red circles all over and I do not have that.
    Thanks for your reply though. Makes me a little less worried.

I don't know where you got your information, but at the very least a treatment causes redness. Depending on the settings it can also cause extensive bruising. As the settings increase in intensity the redness and/or bruising increases. I am treated with vbeam perfecta as well. I'm now at a point where settings are high and I have lots of bruising. Still some not completely resolved after 7 weeks

I also had the Candela V Beam laser treatment done about a week ago. Most of the redness was gone after 24 hours and only slight bruising. I can already see a difference in the general redness on my nose and cheeks. Visible veins have diminished and flushing occurs much less. The treatment was done by a highly rated dermatologist.
    In the past 5 years, I have had 8 IPL treatments done at a cosmetic surgeons office with no results. The treatments were done by a technician rather than a dermatologist, so I'm optimistic with my results so far.

Hi Stablesman
    I see this is your first post. So welcome to the board. If you got those results with one vbeam treatment then you are in a very tiny percentage of people who do.
    I am always wary of first time posters with wonderful results. Sadly there are people who use tis board to sell products, doctors and treatments with lasers from a particular company

It was actually my ninth treatment. The first series was back in 2005(no results). The second set of 4 were over last fall and winter( some positive results). This is my last go at it and I am not saying I'm that I'm free of symptoms, however, I definitely see a noticeable difference. I will do 1 more treatment in about 6 weeks. I must say this last treatment was definitely more painful than the previous 8.

Thank you arb161 for clarifying. Nupdate - day 6The lingering redness is almost gone now but it seems like a couple of faint veins before tx have become more visible. I thought it was supposed to get rid of them. Skin is still dry with small peeling areas. Much better than the massive peeling a few days ago. I don't know how long it takes to see results but as of right now, I think it looks about the same as before tx. Don't know how many treatments I would need. My rosacea is mild so I thought I wouldn't need too many but maybe the setting is too low? I have one more tx left that I purchased in a package from the derm. I guess I will evaluate after that. Thanks for all the info you gave me.

Usually takes up to 6 weeks or more to see final results. Almost always takes more than 1 treatent. Takes a few weeks also for the dryness to subside. Like I said simple moisturizers. The less ingressients the better. Good luck and keep us posted
    Arlene

Day 8 update dryness and texture is good. It is still slightly more red than before treatment which makes me a little worried. I know you supposed to give it time but to know you may have done something to make the redness worse is always in the back of my mind when treating with laser. Even one of the post pimple mark she zapped is redder at this point. guess and hope it just needs more time.