Thread: Is it possible to make your own MSM cream?

Question Is it possible to make your own MSM cream?

Can you take a cream, your moisturizer for example, and simply add MSM supplement to it, power or liquid form?

Would that work, rather than buying a special MSM cream?

I'm using one at the moment that I bought with MSM and I think it does help my face overall.

Default DIY MSM (organic sulfur) creme

Quote Originally Posted by tea.drinker View Post
    Can you take a cream, your moisturizer for example, and simply add MSM supplement to it, power or liquid form?

Would that work, rather than buying a special MSM cream?

I'm using one at the moment that I bought with MSM and I think it does help my face overall.
    I know your post is old, but YES! I use sulfur to dust on occasionally, but it's super drying. MSM is a great organic sulfur alternative because it's less drying to skin, but still kills demodex and relieves redness.

Just mix 1:6 ratio of MSM:lotion, which will make about a 16% mixture (rough calculation). The cremes online show about a 15% MSM content, so that's how I came up with my recipe. Some recipes say you need to mix the flakes (I get it from Amazon) with water first because they'll recrystallize, but mine don't when mixing, and I've never used water. I use the 100% flakes, not the powder because the powder has an additive to keep it in a powder form. The flakes dissolve so easily that there's no need for the additive to have a powder.

After mixing, let it sit for about 20-30 minutes and mix once more. I mix small amounts, using 1/4 teaspoon at 1:6 since it takes me a long time to use this only on my face, but one could certainly use the same ratio with larger measurements.

Kimber,
    Hi, just curious if you've ever used zinc oxide or other ingredients in a mix. I've had a good experience mixing NU STOCK with zinc oxide sunscreen (I use babo for babies extra sensitive) and lotion but, since both Nu Stock and the sunscreen have other ingredients, I thought it might make sense to strip things down to the essentials.... only I have no clue how to do so.