Thread: Anyone here had success IPL with Dr Crouch for permanent redness?

Default Anyone here had success IPL with Dr Crouch for permanent redness?

As per the title. I don't suffer from P&P or much flushing, just permanent redness.

Anyone been successful with Dr Crouch's IPL?

Anyone?

Hi Gary

I have visited Dr Crouch for quite some time now and have always found the treatments improve my face to the point where if I now tell people I have rosacea they don't believe me, it is still a juggling act and my skin has flare days but the treatments with Dr Crouch have made it manageable. I have also in the past (long time ago) had treatments from Dr Paterson and his wife, and a couple of treatments at places in Edinburgh. Out of them all my treatments with Dr Crouch have been the most successful and effective hence the reason I continue to have my maintenance treatments there. I alternate between IPL and laser depending on what has been giving me the most bother, sensitivity and flushing or surface redness. I would highly recommend Dr Crouch. Cheers

for me it didnt help and actually worsened by condition but i think the majority of people have success with him

Thanks to you both for your replies.

Would you mind telling me what your symptoms are and how it helped, or didn't?

Thanks,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GaryxG View Post
    Thanks to you both for your replies.

Would you mind telling me what your symptoms are and how it helped, or didn't?

Thanks,

Gary

my symptoms when i first went was mostly redness, i had flushing but it was largely under control with a beta blocker. i have 3 or 4 treatments using his triplC protocol for ipl which neither helped or hurt. So he suggested using the 560 filter which is shallower to tackle the redness and unfortunately it was just far too much heat fro my skin. i have increased redness, and in areas i didnt have previously, my flushing is worse and ive had spots on and off since january (when i had the last ipl). Ive read that vbeam puts less heat into the skin so perhaps consider a pulsed dye laser if you are worried about side effects. or just avoid shallow filters

Hi Gary

sorry to take so long to reply, life has been a bit mad of late. I have always had sensitive skin, and after using creams which in retrospect I shouldn't have used but didn't know any better I progressed to full blown rosacea, my rosacea causes redness on cheeks, chin and nose, flushing, little red papules though these aren't always present and facial skin sensitivity (sometimes extreme), it really fared during my last two pregnancies. I originally many many years ago had five ipl treatments with Dr Patterson, or rather I had one treatment with Dr Paterson and the other four his wife done, it was with the quantum and I experienced lots of swelling and increased flushing after each treatment, however it knocked back my rosacea, i had decrease in redness, flushing and sensitivity, i was delighted as it made my rosacea manageable, over the years I had a few treatments as and when required and then heard about Dr Crouch, at the time my skin was playing up and I had I think 3 treatments with him, can't remember the spacing but it was longer than normally recommended, I experienced significant relief from redness, flushing and sensitivity, since then I have maintenance treatments as and when required, out of all the practitioners I've had treatments from I feel Dr Crouch is the most informed and knowledgeable, my skin is such that if i tell anyone I have rosacea they don't believe me, don't get me wrong I still have bad days/periods when it plays up and is a pain in the neck to deal with and it gets me down, i feel it's a bit of a battle with rosacea and whats right and works for one person won't always work for another, there is so many things that contribute to this blasted condition. Anyway in summing up I've visited many practitioners over the years in the UK and Dr Crouch is top of my list. Just realised haven't said that I get both ipl and ND yag usually alternate, as in the previous post I had a treatment at the low filter and my skin didn't like didn't cause me any lasting problems but my skin wasn't happy. Hope this helps, again sorry it's taken me so long, if you want to ask anything specific feel free to pm me, i think i would get a notification to my email address. Cheers Haz