Thread: Antibiotics, gut flora and Acetaldehyde

Default Antibiotics, gut flora and Acetaldehyde

http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut...n/ethanola.pdf

This study has nothing to do with rosacea, or flushing.
    The part which interests me and might interest others is the subject of gut flora and acetaldehyde. The latter can cause flushing.
    What surprised me was the fact that metronizadole can increase acetaldehyde significantly and I have to wonder if this might partially explain my horrendous reaction to it a couple of years ago.

This is interesting reading for those interested in all things related to the gut.
    Stomach acid, antacids, SIBO, alcohol, oral health, smoking, yeast are all included.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Exclamation

This is exactly what I'm on about! Not that I have explained it that much yet

Antibiotics killed all my bacteria in April, after finishing a course of them due to a bladder infection. I was already in poor health prior to this, with a low white blood cell count of 3.9.

24 hours after finishing the antibiotics I developed perioral dermatitis, that developed into rosacea and I have leaky gut causing allergic-like reactions to most food I eat at the moment. Last year in November/December I had systemic candida and it was everywhere including my mouth.

I have previously been diagnosed with IBS as well.

I do not drink alcohol at all and haven't for many years, but a lot of 'Leaky Gut' material points out that your immune system tries to constantly fight off the food matter that is entering your blood stream, in turn producing histamine and causing secondary allergic reactions to food eaten.

This study focuses on alcohol but since they are linking to the immune system producing the flushing as a sort of bi-product, wouldn't leaky gut also play a part in it, as the system is constantly under attack not from alcohol but from food in those who have developed Leaky Gut for reasons other than alcoholism.

I personally feel that the health of the gut plays a big big part in the skin conditions I have (Rosacea, Perioral Dermatisis and Keratosis Pilaris).