Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dermatological problems and MONEY...

Default Dermatological problems and MONEY...

It's funny how much money I have given to doctors for my dermatological problems! counted more than 2000 eyro! and still looking and hope to find FINALLY cure! I wish there was a pill to Lane all dermatologiak problems but rather much to ask ! really is funny but I would give anything for an effective treatment! always hope and pray! I wish all your patience and you're always smiling! because the inner beauty that counts everything!XXX

If I told you how much money I spent over the last twenty years (or should I say wasted?) I assure you wouldn't feel so bad about your situation

Sometimes I feel very frustrated and throw all my rage towards derms (if anyone reading this is a derm, don't take it personal please ) but as I once told to a friend of mine who is a doctor, I think that it's a great profession to have, because they charge you (lots) of money without giving you any guarantee! You know, I'd really love to have such a possibility in my job, everything would be easier!

How many times I heard from derms the phrase: "well, you know, this is complicated". I sometimes felt the urge to reply them "well, you know, sending a man to the Moon was also complicated, but it was done!" but I rather shut up in order to get a better attention

Anyway, don't lose the faith and always think that other people are having a worse time. I know it's not enough, but at least it makes everything a tiny bit more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by daneel.olivaw View Post
    If I told you how much money I spent over the last twenty years (or should I say wasted?) I assure you wouldn't feel so bad about your situation

Sometimes I feel very frustrated and throw all my rage towards derms (if anyone reading this is a derm, don't take it personal please ) but as I once told to a friend of mine who is a doctor, I think that it's a great profession to have, because they charge you (lots) of money without giving you any guarantee! You know, I'd really love to have such a possibility in my job, everything would be easier!

How many times I heard from derms the phrase: "well, you know, this is complicated". I sometimes felt the urge to reply them "well, you know, sending a man to the Moon was also complicated, but it was done!" but I rather shut up in order to get a better attention

Anyway, don't lose the faith and always think that other people are having a worse time. I know it's not enough, but at least it makes everything a tiny bit more bearable.
    I understand and YOU are absolutely right! in my country we are unfortunately horrible dermatologists and i do not care if anyone dermatologist reads my post! Dermatologists should finally give attention to their patients and to motivate! I personally suffer from Depression! Considers that any company find a cure for rosacea,or acne,Vitiligo, eczema,sed derm ... will get rich and everyone now would we happy!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcarni View Post
    I understand and YOU are absolutely right! in my country we are unfortunately horrible dermatologists and i do not care if anyone dermatologist reads my post! Dermatologists should finally give attention to their patients and to motivate! I personally suffer from Depression! Considers that any company find a cure for rosacea,or acne,Vitiligo, eczema,sed derm ... will get rich and everyone now would we happy!
    I think there's a general failure in the way the treat the problem. They usually go towards the symptoms instead of going after the causes. Whenever I mention a derm something about digestion, nervous system, etc. they just ignore it. They just give you lotions, creams, etc. Unfortunately it's the way it goes.

Regarding a pharm finding a cure... I don't want to be pesimistic, but I don't think there's any interest in that. To them it's more profitable to keep us using lotions and creams and such for a lifetime. Keep in mind that these product are highly related to beauty products, which is a huge source of income. And keep in mind that in the end, they're companies whose purpose is making money, not curing people :-)

If you asked me, I simply can't believe that these conditions are a complete mistery to them, while on the other hand we have transplants (even face transplants), stem cells, and other marvels. It's not that it's complicated, it's simply there isn't any economic interest to pursue them.

How sorry that I am live in this world! Everyone sees how to make money and how you fooling us! you're right! have definitely found some of the above treatments that I reported!
    Which Company has found a cure and does not disclose it, I wish I suffer the worst! THEY suffered enough people and in this forum and everywhere! I'm not a bad PERSON but sorry had to say it!

How sorry that I am live in this world! Everyone sees how to make money and how you fooling us! you're right! have definitely found some of the above treatments that I reported!
    Which Company has found a cure and does not disclose it, I wish the worst for them.. THEY suffered enough people and in this forum and everywhere! I'm not a bad PERSON but sorry had to say it!!( omg sorry for my english) and the for double post

I have to agree and have lost faith in most of the mainstream medical community. It is not every one of them personally being greedy but the way it was set up years ago. It is set up for many companies to profit to long to list here but it varies from pharmaceuticals to medical insurance. In the last 50 years (aprox) they more or less forced holistic type healing out almost making it against the law.

We can share our knowledge here and other places but you have got to read, research and experiment to treat or supervise your own health issues. We cannot expect others and/or doctors to spend the time looking for the answers.

Talk about cost differences - here an example which I posted on one of the metrogel threads. One tube of metrogel with insurance coverage cost me $80. I bought some metro plus for $6 from the pet/fish store mixed it with water at a for stronger topical that worked much better than the pharmaceuticals. I showed the container to my doctor and he agreed I was just mixing a metrogel type topical as the active ingredient is the same as big pharma. Since my dog also has similar skin issue I use farm supply/tractor supply type treatments all the time. You got to do your homework and common sense before using some of these as off label treatments. I know to be careful but I am through being scared of treating myself because it got me sicker and in worse health.

I have learned so much since I was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. I went through hell with all the surgeries and treatments almost died a few times. The cancer was not going to kill me but the MS medical treatments and mistakes came really close. They try to go by the book instead of looking at each individuals illness/symptoms.
    I think slowly things are going to change because of the internet people are starting to catch on and wake up.

I finally figured out that you are responsible to supervise your on health and care or treatments, starting with living and eating healthy. I did it the stupid way the first 48 years of my life and slowly educated myself and making changes in the last five. Really way to late to make a big difference but I still will keep on trying to correct and bring my body back to a more natural normal way of living and surviving.

Sorry, but this is a major issue with me and my post turned into a vent.

Default hi SAMILYNN

big hug for you! I believe that we can overcome everything on our own! just wants patience and POWER! and like you said we are finally woke up and everyone can help each other !!Samilynn i agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcarni View Post
    big hug for you! I believe that we can overcome everything on our own! just wants patience and POWER! and like you said we are finally woke up and everyone can help each other !!Samilynn i agree with you
    I agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed in this thread by dreamcarni, samilynn and daneel. But, as always, it's money i.e. 'funding' that's the vital necessity for the people who have the ability to help us. And those people aren't the dermatologists sitting in their offices handing out pills and lotions, it's the people who do the research. I feel it will be investigation into the immune system and repairing faulty inherited genes etc. that will finally bring results.

But we do need to make our profile more visible. I have written to a Professor at the Education and Research Department of one of the main hospitals in my city explaining that I have been battling with my skin problem for nearly 50 years and asking if anything was being studied or taught about it there.

Well, it's a tiny tiny drop in the ocean but you have to keep plugging away.

Thank you all for the hugs and kind support of my angry post.

After I had my little mini vent about main stream medical I had some thought. It would be just my luck to fall or have some type of accident, break a bone or similar and I would have to eat my words. I think the modern medicine has come a long way in some issues for life saving trauma events and I am thankful. When it comes to diseases and the micro world, immune system and internal body balance, gut function etc.. They have a ways to go and are way behind any recent research.

Another thing in ref to the research, when and if it is done. Most doc's are so behind in the research and updates they don't have a clue. If there is new procedures/treatment/medications in ref. to my health issues, I usually have to bring them the report or clue them in. Not always but I have done this many times. That's why it is important we stay up to date with our own personal health issues because we cannot expect them to be current on every issue as there are so many.

I was actually a participant (aka guinea pig) in a fairly new research and surgical technique that my plastic surgeon wrote a medical paper on back in 2008. I had some and an audience of doctors & interns asked me questions, took pictures and followed my case results. I contracted some sort of staph infection after having breast cancer surgery with partial reconstruction with tissue expanders. Instead of the usual standard of removing the expanders treating for infection then waiting he 6 month to year to start with a new expander and reconstruction. The surgeon took out the expander and filled the area with antibiotic beads and in 10 days removed the beads and replaced the expander. It was not a fun ordeal but many doctors and nurses were very interested and curious. I nicked named it my beanie baby boob as it had the same beanie bag feel as we found out when the curious medical practitioners wanted to see and fell the temporary results.

So there was some good positive things that happened with my ordeal. The negative was all those super antibiotics and surgeries have been a major cause of my gut/flora and immune system problems that eventually led to my last 8 months of face and other health problems.

Live and learn and be thankful.