Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: information on anti demodex cream

Default information on anti demodex cream

Hi everybody! I am italian and I am new in this forum. First of all thank you to everybody for this fantastic forum. I want introduce my story. I am 24 years old and since the age of ten I suffer of acne. I have been visited by a lotof dermatologists but nobody diagnosed me rosacea. Last january, after my suggestion, dermatologist diagnosed me rosacea. I have papules and pustules and my therapy was: metronidazole gel every night, flagyl ( metro per mouth). After 20 days I worsens the situation but after 40-50 days every improved; both redness and P&P. Unforuntely after two months I was forced to interrupt metro since the presence of sun during summer. I am convinced that my rosacea is related to demodex. Is there a cream that can be used during summer against demodex? And generally, which is the best in your opinion? I would like to buy ZZ cream or MOST2 S. What do you think? Good luck!!

There is a ton of info on here about demodex, you just have to do a lot of reading, just search the site. There are a couple of different things people use, tea tree oil, nu-stock, zz cream, borax and ivermectin are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Different people like different things and what works for one might not work for another. I would just go through the threads and read about each. Good luck.

ok thank you very much. I was reading something but I was not able to understand if you can use zz cream during summer. Thank you a big hug..

Do you have to stop using the metronidazole gel during summer? I'm asking because as long as I'm wearing sunscreen, I can keep using it even through summer in the tropics, so maybe you should give it a try, or did you have a bad reaction?

Best.

Default hi lucas!

Hi and thank you for answering. Well I tried since here in italy the first half of june was bad weather but my dermatologist suggested me to stop the treatment. I noticed that I was redder the hot days and so I decided to stop it even if I did not achieve the 90 days necessary to eradicate the demodex. Now I am applying a lenitive gel anti-redness the name is rosa cure fast gel. But my situation is not good. I am thinking from next september to start with zz cream and then after 4 months maybe again metronidazole.

I'm sort of nervous about the zz cream thing. It has "secret" ingredients. You never know what is in there, and what it might do long term.

I've been wondering about that, too. What do people think who've been using it long-term? Is it even something to continue using long-term beyond the initial 90 days? I've read about some people using it (weekly? every other day? just a dab here and there?) for maintenance. Indeed, what about life after ZZ cream?

Default I think zz cream deserves a try

I don't know about the secret ingredients but I know that rosacea can be caused by demodex and this is a cream created to eradicate it. I have used metronidazole which is anti-parassitarie cream and after having an initial worsening I see an improvement. Great improvement. So I think I will try. My idea is to use it for at least 4 months from next september to january. Then I will use again metronidazole until april. We will see and hope.

I have pretty much gotten my face under control now using the tea tree oil. I have been blogging my process with pictures and everything if you want to check it out. I did use the nu-stock for a few days but I think it was just way to strong for continued use but it did kill a lot of mites. Your face will get worse before it gets better, all of the p&p are the mites AFTER they die so when you kill a bunch your face looks HORRIBLE but I haven't had any p&p for about a week (which hasn't happened in about 10 years I usually have at least 5 new ones a day) my skin tone is evening out and the dryness is gone. Now I am just using a 50/50 tea tree oil/ argan oil mix. I didn't start that high I worked up to it as it can burn your skin if you are not careful. Now I put it on and it doesn't burn or tingle or anything. I just use it before bed and my face looks great. It's cheap, it's easy, it's natural and I can get it at the store locally. I didn't use zz cream because I just don't like the "secret ingredients" and metrogel didn't really work for me, neither did finacia plus they really dried out my skin so I looked all flaky and it was expensive.

I, too, am very wary of ZZ Cream and its "secret" ingredient(s)

There have been a number of instances where medicines from Chinese herbalists in the UK, and no doubt elsewhere, have contained not only undeclared toxic plants and heavy metals but also potent prescription drugs, including steroids.

The marketing puffery for ZZ Cream makes much of its Chinese patent. There seems to be a misunderstanding at ZZ HQ and/or their advertising agents as to what a patent is and what it means to claim that an invention is patented.

In broad terms a patent of invention gives an inventor a time limited monopoly (20 years or so) on all rights including sales and marketing of a novel invention in exchange for the full public disclosure of of the invention to an extent that it can be made by a person experienced in the type of technology disclosed.

A patented product CANNOT have secret ingredients.