Thread: At a loss

Default At a loss

So I am new but I have been lurking for a while. I am at a loss of what to do for my face. I am so depressed and it looks so bad I don't want to leave my house at all, really I would prefer not to leave my bed. I have had rosacea for about 10 years, typical rosey/red cheeks and p&p. Truthfully I can live with the red cheeks. I mean I get daily comments on how pink my face is, or am I sunburned, or my blood pressure must be high (I don't get that one) but it doesn't bother me as much as the p&p. I was taking oracea for about a year and it REALLY helped. It didn't make it go completly away but it helped a great deal. Also when my p&p clear up my face is way less red. Anyways I lost my job about a month ago and now can't afford oracea and my p&p have come back with a vengeance. It's really bad. The lower half of my face is covered in them and my face hurts and burns and feels like raw meat. I just don't know what to do! Any suggestions? And as of now I have no health insurance so prescription meds are out.

Go to your pharmacists and ask about the programs the pharmaceutical companies have for hardship cases. You might just be able to get your prescription free while you look for new work. How can you find work and lower your stress, when you are having a full blown "rosacea relapse." You can solve this. This isn't going to last forever.

Hi Kisha, I'm so sorry about this. Contact Galderma and explain your circumstances to them and see what they can do for you. I also like Starlite's suggestion of speaking with your pharmacist. Perhaps one of them will come through for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.oracea.com/

Best,
    Melissa

Thanks. I tried both of those my pharmacist was willing to help with other meds but not the rosacea meds. Most people see it as a cosmetic things and don't see what the big deal is, they have no idea how much it messes with you mentally. It sucks because no one gets it, they just don't understand why I am so depressed about it. Your face is your everything, it's the first thing people see, you can't hide it or cover it up, it's right there for the world to see. If I leave my house I can guarantee that at least one person a day will comment on my face. I don't know how else to put it but it just sucks. I have been reading all the threads on here like crazy and I am thinking it might be mites so I have started using TTO mixed with some other stuff to see if it will help. I think I am going to start a little journal to follow the progress with pictures. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I need them right now.

Have you ever tried sulfur based products, soaps and lotions? I find sulfur helps with the P&Ps. Also, Oracea is very expensive but generic doxycycline 50mg is cheap, I think Walmart sells it for $4. The generic doxy may provide you with the same results as Oracea.

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    Have you ever tried sulfur based products, soaps and lotions? I find sulfur helps with the P&Ps. Also, Oracea is very expensive but generic doxycycline 50mg is cheap, I think Walmart sells it for $4. The generic doxy may provide you with the same results as Oracea.

-Dave-
    I haven't tried anything with sulfur but that is going to be my next step if the TTO doesn't work. In order to get Doxy I would have to go back to my doctor and I just don't have the money for that right now. Plus before the Oracea my old Derm put me on antibiotics and I had some pretty bad side effects that I just couldn't take. So far with the TTO my face has really freaked out but I definatly think it's mites now. Last night I put the TTO on my face and left it on (before I was washing it off) and went to bed, man my face was itching I could feel them crawling. Today when I woke up my eyelashes were all crusty and my eyes itched and I could SEE THEM on my eyelashes. Talk about gross. All day today my scalp and eyes have been itching so I went and bought TTO EVERYTHING. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, everything. It is all out war on these things now! LOL. I hope it helps.