Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started the Honey treatment and looking for some info

any update ?

I'm still finding the Honey treatment effective, but rather than a once a week mask, I'm doing it every 3 or 4 days (while still washing twice a day with honey). If I left it a week to do the mask, sometimes the SD would come back (but not in a massive way.)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryxG View Post
    I'm still finding the Honey treatment effective, but rather than a once a week mask, I'm doing it every 3 or 4 days (while still washing twice a day with honey). If I left it a week to do the mask, sometimes the SD would come back (but not in a massive way.)
    Gary, you may need to get rid of any biofilm that has formed. It can be incredibly difficult to see with the naked eye. Malassezia yeast is crafty - it creates a hiding place with a mixture of keratin and oil. You might be able to keep things better for longer if you destroy this with some other products such as xylitol and farnesol. Just a thought.

im glad you guys are getting good results. I get around 90 percent relief but im having trouble making the relief last for the whole day. And for some reason my second treatment does not usually work out to well, flare up much of the time. And no coconut oil? Use a different moisturizer?

I must be doing something wrong.

I decided to try this also. I mixed 10% water / 90% honey and applied it to my face. My face was extremely itchy throughout the mask application and although the mask was thick, it started dripping and in general wasn't all a great experience.

What am I doing wrong or is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Strings View Post

I decided to try this also. I mixed 10% water / 90% honey and applied it to my face. My face was extremely itchy throughout the mask application and although the mask was thick, it started dripping and in general wasn't all a great experience.

how long do you apply it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Gary, you may need to get rid of any biofilm that has formed. It can be incredibly difficult to see with the naked eye. Malassezia yeast is crafty - it creates a hiding place with a mixture of keratin and oil. You might be able to keep things better for longer if you destroy this with some other products such as xylitol and farnesol. Just a thought.
    Hi Sally, I know you've mentioned biofilms before, but I must admit I'm really confused as to what they are. Where do you get xylitol and how do you apply it?

Quote Originally Posted by Strings View Post

If it's dripping then you may be using too much water.

When I first did the mask, my skin itched while it was on and continued to itch for about 12 hours after I removed it. My skin doesn't itch at all now with the mask on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryxG View Post
    Hi Sally, I know you've mentioned biofilms before, but I must admit I'm really confused as to what they are. Where do you get xylitol and how do you apply it?
    I think we are all finding our way when it comes to biofilms, Gary, but there seems to be more information on the internet these days. Try Googling it.

Xylitol is a sugar substitute. I buy it at Holland and Barrett's for a few pounds. I haven't a clue what the consistency should be so I just guess by putting a teaspoon of Xylitol in a glass and adding a little bottled water. You can apply it with cotton wool. Easy peasy.

Thanks Sally. Are you finding it helps?