Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started the Honey treatment and looking for some info

Hi Patrick, I haven't tried the really raw honey - the other one is working so well I don't want to ruin things.

I did try eating the stuff on top though. It's just like chewing gum as the jar describes!

Sorry I can't offer any insight into how effective the really raw honey might be. I'd recommend scraping the stuff off the top and giving it a go though.

Hi Newbie here,

Just wanted to post that the honey masks have worked wonders for me. I've done 5 masks so far
    and my SD has 98% gone!!! I'm following the alternate day protocol and cleansing twice sometimes
    3 times daily on the days I don't do the 4 hour mask.

I'm not using the coconut oil as it flared my SD real bad when I used it in the past nor do I apply
    the honey to scalp or ears, just my facial SD. Nothing I have ever used has given me results like
    the honey.

So far I have used Manuka Doctor Active 20+. That has just about run out but I ordered Golden
    Hills UMF 20+ Manuka Honey and it arrived this morning so switching to that for my 6th mask tonight.

Rest of my treatment is:

I drink juice of 1/2 a lemon in warm water before every meal: I have hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid)
    I also drink 2 tsps Raw ACV 3 times Daily in Spring or Filtered Water.
    Other supplements I take are Zinc Orotate and Flaxseed Oil.

I'll keep updating on my progress. So Far So Very Good!!! I think I owe a few Bees from New Zealand
    a beer or two!!

That's fantastic news! I'm coming to the end of my 4 weeks and will switch to doing the mask once a week. I've already reduced the face pack time every other day to just half an hour with no ill effects.

My seb derm is 99.9% controlled now which is incredible. I just need to get my Rosacea sorted which I fear won't be as simple.

That's interesting that you drink lemon juice in water. I find any reasonable dose of citric acid plays havoc with the skin on my face. Just shows how everyone's skin is so different.

I have to say I'm a big fan of bees now!

Good stuff Gary!! Glad to hear you are at 99.9%.

I've done my 1 month of masks now, maybe 5 weeks. I'd say I'm at least at 99% clear!!
    The manuka honey has kicked everything else I have tried into touch. Antifungal creams
    for me did not work....big time!!! In fact they only made my Seb Dem worse. The results
    I have had with Manuka honey have been nothing short of incredible. My skin is so clear
    if I didn't tell you I had SD you probably wouldn't know and that is directed at people who
    have the condition not the average Joe on the street.

Even crazier is I have now gone back to my old diet, plenty of coffee, chocolate,
    chilli, curries, spag bol etc and my skin remains at least 99% clear. Go figure.

It's great to see so much success with this treatment. I can't wait to start. It would be great to hear a follow up though on if the maintenance treatment is working to keep it at bay.

The maintenance treatment is working for me. I do a weekly honey mask and it works. Having said that I think I need to do it every 6 days as on the 7th day I get a tiny return of symptoms.

I'm about 9 days in to the honey treatment myself and it has cleared pretty much everything up. I didn't have scaling or flaking just redness on cheeks and nose and it has reduced by about 70-80%. I haven't used the coconut oil either on my face but I do digest a tablespoon of it a day and also take multi B vitamin. I think my problem was in my gut which is weird because I am in good shape and eat fairly well. The one thing I am noticing is that I'm kind of breaking out on my forhead with little bumps but nothing major. It's great to finally see a more even skin tone!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryxG View Post
    The maintenance treatment is working for me. I do a weekly honey mask and it works. Having said that I think I need to do it every 6 days as on the 7th day I get a tiny return of symptoms.

Do you still do the wash or just the once a week mask?

I still wash twice a day with Honey as per the original instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryxG View Post
    I still wash twice a day with Honey as per the original instructions.
    okay good to know. I'm going to try no wash and only the mask every other day for a month. Then if this works I'll go to once a week. I'm pretty sure the study didn't involve washing, but I realize it would help more. I'm just looking for the most convenient method, so if I need the honey wash I will use it.