Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do broken caps remain for those in remission?

Default Do broken caps remain for those in remission?

Do broken caps remain for those who have reached remission? I have a lot of surface and slightly deeper vessels and they look like they will stay forever ):

Quote Originally Posted by Mcheng View Post
    Do broken caps remain for those who have reached remission? I have a lot of surface and slightly deeper vessels and they look like they will stay forever ):
    pics plsss

Would you consider getting them lasered? when my skin isnt too bad alot of them fade but some are still present. however even if whole face isnt red more can appear now and again and then i wake up in morning and they have faded. im not sure if its due to rosacea or seb derm. while laser and mainly ipl made my skin worse and increased number of vessels if i was to consider laser again i would spend the extra money to do small areas at a time. one laser doctor i went to when i asked him about general redness said that he though laser would only work on permament visable vessells.

Quote Originally Posted by dryfairskin View Post
    Would you consider getting them lasered? when my skin isnt too bad alot of them fade but some are still present. however even if whole face isnt red more can appear now and again and then i wake up in morning and they have faded. im not sure if its due to rosacea or seb derm. while laser and mainly ipl made my skin worse and increased number of vessels if i was to consider laser again i would spend the extra money to do small areas at a time. one laser doctor i went to when i asked him about general redness said that he though laser would only work on permament visable vessells.
    Laser gave you more veins??!? May I ask what type of laser you used? That is so scary ! I want to try the vbeam but now I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by shoaib View Post
    pics plsss
    I have not reached remission but I know of someone who has, but she never had visible veins in the first place so I was wondering if those with veins and are in remission will always have them. ): Has anyone had improvement of capillaries since remission?

Your broken blood vessels and capillaries may reduce in visibility as your skin varies in its health or response to the environment. They will, as far as I know, never be "dissolved" into your tissue. They will just stay there, sort of like a scar won't disappear on its own.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

VeinWave, or the newer version, VeinGogh, will remove facial spider veins. A needle about the size of a human hair, with a small electric current, heats up the vein and coagulates the blood. Then the blood is reabsorbed and the skin is clear.

Each treatment takes about 15 minutes, and your skin will be super red for 2 days, like a really bad sunburn, but in about 4 days your skin looks ok and no one will notice the treatment, although the veins aren't completely reabsorbed until about 10 days have passed.

Most people need 2 or 3 treatments, spaced 3 weeks apart, but this depends on how many spider veins you have. You can't get this done all at once because your skin will get really red in all the places where the needle is inserted, and this will temporarily obscure the remaining spider veins, so it has to be done in stages.

Shop around for price. Nurse Practioners and Physician's Assistants are authorized in the US to provide this treatment (about $200 per treatment), and are much cheaper than using a doctor or dermatologist (about $500 per treatment).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    VeinWave, or the newer version, VeinGogh, will remove facial spider veins. A needle about the size of a human hair, with a small electric current, heats up the vein and coagulates the blood. Then the blood is reabsorbed and the skin is clear.

Each treatment takes about 15 minutes, and your skin will be super red for 2 days, like a really bad sunburn, but in about 4 days your skin looks ok and no one will notice the treatment, although the veins aren't completely reabsorbed until about 10 days have passed.

Most people need 2 or 3 treatments, spaced 3 weeks apart, but this depends on how many spider veins you have. You can't get this done all at once because your skin will get really red in all the places where the needle is inserted, and this will temporarily obscure the remaining spider veins, so it has to be done in stages.

Shop around for price. Nurse Practioners and Physician's Assistants are authorized in the US to provide this treatment (about $200 per treatment), and are much cheaper than using a doctor or dermatologist (about $500 per treatment).

Sorry--I didn't mean to be pessimistic or omit information, but as Tom points out, I forgot to mention the obvious in my post--there are number of decent laser or electrical devices (as above) that will remove spider veins/broken vessels/telangiectasia.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

I have not reached remission but I know of someone who has, but she never had visible veins in the first place so I was wondering if those with veins and are in remission will always have them. ): Has anyone had improvement of capillaries since remission?
    I have been in remission for well over a year. I had very tiny broken capillaries that looked more like background redness. As the inflammation receded, the collagen seemed to replace itself and people commented that face looked more filled out. The redness reduced to the point that I only get a very slight flush, which I consider within the normal range, and it recedes very quickly. The capillaries did seem to recede or mend somehow. I have never had a pale white complexion, but it has always been quite nice until a 4 year round of rosacea.My naturopath said it was teleangiecstasia. Now i'd say that it is about 97% gone.
    So I am weighing in as, yes-anything can heal under the right conditions. I went through a rigorous diet to resolve SIBO,and it worked. I also cut out all topicals except raw honey, which would not solve the problem on its own, but kept my skin healthy, gently exfoliated and at proper moisture level.
    Last edited by DianaLynn; 5th August 2014 at 11:17 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Default Avoid veinwave / Veingogh / Thermavein

I have been left with pitted depressed scars on the end of my nose after having this done. Stick to lasers.