Thread: how long do your papules last?

Default how long do your papules last?

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with rosacea. Had terrible acne during my high school and college years. Am now in my 30s and just assumed I had adult acne (although it was nowhere as bad as what I had in my younger years) until I finally went to a dermatologist.

Anyway, I don't have a ton of redness, just a bit on my cheeks. I don't flare that often either in terms of bright red cheeks and nose, really only if I exercise for a long period of time.

I do, however, get a quite a few "papules" on my face. Probably 2-3 a day on my forehead, 2-3 on my left cheek, and once in a while on my right cheek. The weird thing for me is that they will flare up badly very quickly and then fade fairly quickly. I will get a tingly, burning type feeling on my face and if I check in the mirror, will see a very inflamed blotch on my skin. However, most of the time, the redness will fade within 1-2 hours and the skin will look mainly normal again. Sometimes the spot will last longer than that, but often it fades that quickly. Sometimes it will leave a bit of a skin colored bump, but that fades within a day or so. While I am thankful that the red splotches disappear quickly, it is very irritating to have this happen multiple times every day, often with really no warning and no obvious triggers. I can be sitting on my couch, playing with my kids, giving a presentation at work, laying down, etc. There appears to be no rhyme or reason here.

Anybody else have symptoms like this??

I am going to close this thread as it is a duplicate. You have some responses here.
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...679#post283679