Thread: ZZ Cream

Default ZZ Cream

I am new to posting on this site. I have tried everything under the sun for my rosacea. My skin looks like hell. I just started the ZZ Cream and it seems that it's even getting worse. I realize it's only been a few days, but I'm wondering how long it takes to see any amount of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by tlfowers View Post
    I am new to posting on this site. I have tried everything under the sun for my rosacea. My skin looks like hell. I just started the ZZ Cream and it seems that it's even getting worse. I realize it's only been a few days, but I'm wondering how long it takes to see any amount of improvement.
    That's a tough question, we all react differently to different products. The general rule is to give a new product 4 to 6 weeks to see if it is working and often things get worse before getting better. Personally, I can usually tell if a topical is going to work for me within 2 weeks.

-Dave-

Hi
    you need about 4 weeks to see an improvement.
    Try to use the ZZ creme only in the evening. You have probably more problems because the demodex are dying in your skin.
    I saw an improvement after 2 weeks. I am free of my problems since June 2012, thanks to Zz, after 21 years of Rosazea....
    I use the zz Creme now only weekly.

Is ZZ Cream advisable for rosacea or only for treating demodex? Not sure if I have demodex and don't want to bark up the wrong tree. Trying to plan my next strategy (more derm appointments, and/or new products, and/or dietary changes, etc.) and cautiously hoping that this infamous cream might do the trick...?

Default Not sure, but I think I'm seeing a slight improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudine View Post
    Hi
    you need about 4 weeks to see an improvement.
    Try to use the ZZ creme only in the evening. You have probably more problems because the demodex are dying in your skin.
    I saw an improvement after 2 weeks. I am free of my problems since June 2012, thanks to Zz, after 21 years of Rosazea....
    I use the zz Creme now only weekly.
    Thanks for answering. It actually gives me hope. One thing I have noticed is that the ZZ Cream can be very drying. Is there any moisturizing / anti-wrinkle cream that can be used with the ZZ Cream and is ok for Rosacea? Over the years all the treatments and chemicals have damaged my skin. I am currently going through sandings and blue light therapy. I've only had one so far and hopefully my insurance will stick to their end of the bargain. LOL... Either way let me know if you or anyone has any insight on this. TIA...

HALLO tlFowers!

can i ask you something?Do you have papules and pustules or only redness?Last night i felt to walk on my skin and in my head for the first time is like to tickle

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcarni View Post
    HALLO tlFowers!

can i ask you something?Do you have papules and pustules or only redness?Last night i felt to walk on my skin and in my head for the first time is like to tickle
    Yes, I get both. I have been through a year of the laser therapy so I no longer have the persistent redness, but I still flush pretty easy. Mostly I'm dealing with the pustules now. I've been using the ZZ Cream for almost 2 weeks and the pustules are decreasing a little, but the old ones that were quite large are still having a hard time healing. I have also ordered an LED light therapy unit. I'm going to hit these things from all angles. If I get any positive results from the LED treatment I plan on building my own larger unit. The company I work for has access to very inexpensive high density LED's.

Quote Originally Posted by tlfowers View Post
    Yes, I get both. I have been through a year of the laser therapy so I no longer have the persistent redness, but I still flush pretty easy. Mostly I'm dealing with the pustules now. I've been using the ZZ Cream for almost 2 weeks and the pustules are decreasing a little, but the old ones that were quite large are still having a hard time healing. I have also ordered an LED light therapy unit. I'm going to hit these things from all angles. If I get any positive results from the LED treatment I plan on building my own larger unit. The company I work for has access to very inexpensive high density LED's.
    I hope everything goes well for you dont worry
    I have some scars from the demodex and I'm afraid to use it! I'm afraid I will become worse!
    I didnt know LED light therapy worked.If they work for you tell us to use them
    Keep us posted on your progress!(and sorry for my english )