Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Metrogel Usage and Effects of - Newbie

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Country: Canada

    Default Metrogel Usage and Effects of - Newbie

    Greetings.

    I was diagnosed with Roseca 4 weeks ago after being told I had Lupus. My symptoms had been red facial bumps and hives for ten weeks. I had been using Neem leaves for two weeks which had helped decrease the itch, pain, redness, and swelling. I began treatment with Metrogel (2 times per day) about 5 days ago and noticed that the redness spread, is very scaly, and is now more prominent...the spots have gotten larger.

    Does applying Metrogel worsen the symptons before getting better? I have conducted a web search and really did not find any specific answers.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Just a FYI to metrogel users (not medical advice). Off label usage cost is aprox. $6 acontainer. I paid $80 copay withinsurance and usually pay between $5 or $30 copay for any precription. You canmake it a strong or weak as you like. I mixed mine with water and a few dropsof DMSO. My MD looked at this product onmy lvisit last week and agreed its main ingredientwas same/similar as in metro gel. I havehad positive results in hours when I finally made my made my mixture with waterstronger. Since I know my entire bodyskin flora is totally crap and yeast/fungus/bacteria/parasites I sprayed themixture on my entire body just out of the shower. I was shocked to notice later many spots onmy body peeling off. A few spots on my legs had been there for over ten yearsand was told by many doctors to just ignore those spots are harmless and comewith aging etc...
    Product info -
    “Metro+Medication is a highly effective and safe treatment for Hole-in-the-Head andHead and Lateral Line Erosion, targeting infected areas and replenishing thenatural slime coat on the body of the fish to aid in recovery. Metronidazole isthe active ingredient, and the powder medication may be used as a bath or as anadditive to food for internal treatment.”
    I bought mine at locally owned pet store. Pets mart andsimilar big box stores with pet supplies no longer carry real antibioticproducts (some come from same mfg. as our meds). Store owner uses these type fish medicationsoff label for his entire family and pets. He said they may be discontinued in the nearfuture and he is having a hard time ordering and many items have beendiscontinued from the supplier/mfg. I'mgoing to get a few bottles for emergency future use just in case.
    Not sure if I can put the links to show you a picture & descriptionof the product but will give it a try below. I think you can also find it on Amazon.
    http://www.thatpetplace.com/metro-plus-medication-3oz
    [url]http://backyardgardener.com/Pet/Pet_Shops/Pet_Store/Pet_Mountain/POND/Pond_Fish_Medications/Pond_Fish_Parasite_Medications/Hikari_Metro_Plus_3_4_oz_-_Treats_100_Gallons_.html[/url]
    This product is not intended for off label use because itmay save you lots of money and is not intended as medical advice. No really itcould be harmful if you are not careful and don’t do your home work readingand/or know your specific skin/illness issues.


  3. #3
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kas1964 View Post
    Greetings.

    I was diagnosed with Roseca 4 weeks ago after being told I had Lupus. My symptoms had been red facial bumps and hives for ten weeks. I had been using Neem leaves for two weeks which had helped decrease the itch, pain, redness, and swelling. I began treatment with Metrogel (2 times per day) about 5 days ago and noticed that the redness spread, is very scaly, and is now more prominent...the spots have gotten larger.

    Does applying Metrogel worsen the symptons before getting better? I have conducted a web search and really did not find any specific answers.

    Thank you.
    One of the things a Doctor should check for when presented with symptoms like you describe, before making the diagnosis of rosacea, is Lupus. Your skin rash is a symptom of Lupus. A diagnosis of Lupus rules out the diagnosis of rosacea.

    However, to directly answer your question.. No, you should get back to your Doc and show them the worsening symptoms and try something else besides the Metrogel.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I apologize for my post in ref to off label metrogel and did not fully read Kas1964's ref to lupus. I know metrogel seems to be used by many here on the forum and was excited about my new finding. I am sure that we are not all suffering from the same skin illness and what works for one does not work for all. I totally understand that some of the prescriptions and topicals the docs give us can make matters worse. My last visit to the dermatologist I was given desonide 5% which I used without looking up and was told if it did not help he would give me steroid shots in the face on next visit in 2 months. The steroid type cream made my sores bigger and spots that had healed months ago came back up to the surface. I agree you have got to have a doctor that takes an interest and finds what the cause of the skin problems. 5 out of 7 of the doctors I have seen in recent months did not care and only took a glance and wrote a prescription for a topical cream. I'm learning the hard way too. I hope you find some help soon.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Thank you for your feedback. My rash, bumps, and acne continue to spread, peel, and get redder after one week. I plan on seeing my doctor again this evening. I truly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kas1964 View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. My rash, bumps, and acne continue to spread, peel, and get redder after one week. I plan on seeing my doctor again this evening. I truly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks again.

    I was just wondering did they change your Dianosis from lupus to rosacea? Or was it added to the list. I know myself I have many totally different diagnosis from the many doctors. I'm waiting on detailed blood work but I finally found a MD that specialized in yeast infections (which can be hidden for years and much more than skin issues). I'm hoping he's going to be the one to help me finally because doing this guessing and treatment on my own is very hard and controversial with my family. I am doing some of the topical treatments but they will return if I don't heal from the inside first. I'm not really on top of all the major medical diagnosis for skin diseases. There are so many I have read about in my searching in the last 8 months and as they seem to be so many names for the same type issues depending on which doctor you see and get the diagnosis . I and they are making more money with all the complications and you can get lost in the search as I have done. Right now I really think most of my skin issues and other past illness (breast cancer) are related to the yeast/candids subject (for now anyway).

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samilynn View Post
    I was just wondering did they change your Dianosis from lupus to rosacea? Or was it added to the list. I know myself I have many totally different diagnosis from the many doctors. I'm waiting on detailed blood work but I finally found a MD that specialized in yeast infections (which can be hidden for years and much more than skin issues). I'm hoping he's going to be the one to help me finally because doing this guessing and treatment on my own is very hard and controversial with my family. I am doing some of the topical treatments but they will return if I don't heal from the inside first. I'm not really on top of all the major medical diagnosis for skin diseases. There are so many I have read about in my searching in the last 8 months and as they seem to be so many names for the same type issues depending on which doctor you see and get the diagnosis . I and they are making more money with all the complications and you can get lost in the search as I have done. Right now I really think most of my skin issues and other past illness (breast cancer) are related to the yeast/candids subject (for now anyway).
    Hi Samilynn. Two doctors said two different things. But the doctor who told me I had Lupus did so WITHOUT reviewing blood work results in which ANA was negative. 95% of Lupus patients will show a positive result in ANA. The second doctor, told me it was Rocesa but really didnt examine my skin closely.

    More than 8 weeks ago I was told the rashes were skin cancer and a yeast infection on my face...Yes, strange. But then I found out that a person can get a Yeast infection by taking the antibiotic Amoxicillin, which I had been taking for my tooth infection caused by a much needed root canal surgery of a decaying infected tooth.

    My skin now looks as if I have a severe sun tan skin burn and is peeling, remains very itchy for about 3 hours from 2-5am daily, and not as painful. Just sore to look at. Honestly, I am considering seeing a Naturopathic Medical Doctor.

    All the best and take care.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kas1964 View Post
    Hi Samilynn. Two doctors said two different things. But the doctor who told me I had Lupus did so WITHOUT reviewing blood work results in which ANA was negative. 95% of Lupus patients will show a positive result in ANA. The second doctor, told me it was Rocesa but really didnt examine my skin closely.

    More than 8 weeks ago I was told the rashes were skin cancer and a yeast infection on my face...Yes, strange. But then I found out that a person can get a Yeast infection by taking the antibiotic Amoxicillin, which I had been taking for my tooth infection caused by a much needed root canal surgery of a decaying infected tooth.

    My skin now looks as if I have a severe sun tan skin burn and is peeling, remains very itchy for about 3 hours from 2-5am daily, and not as painful. Just sore to look at. Honestly, I am considering seeing a Naturopathic Medical Doctor.

    All the best and take care.
    I totally understand about doc's giving you a glance/guess then a prescription. I hope you find someone to treat you. I should have gone the naturalpath/holistic way months ago. I had prev. called this MD in Jan - I just saw last week but did not go in because in Jan because the visits and some or most of the medical testing is not covered by insurance per the girl in his office. Well I could have saved myself time/money pain/suffering because saw about 5 other doctors (md's, derma's and infec. dia specialist). This doc is a MD but treats almost all holisitc/natural. He wrote this book - The yeast Syndrom 27 years ago. I thought it would be out dated but he was way ahead of the game and other medical info. He is treating my whole body with natural hormones, supplements, topicals. I will know more when I go in a few weeks to review blood work. Insurance would not pay for a full vit/mineral lab work?? It cost me alot for the first visit but I know it will be worth it in the long run.

    Here is the google book version link http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=PCa2zIFJO6sC you can read limited pages. I bought the online version from amazon and read before my appt. I purchased 2 paperback versions from his office and making copies of his radio shows and videos to give to my friends/family with yeast or related issues. You may contact him or look at his website to see if he could refer anyone in your area. Just an idea. None of the other doctors would admit that I had yeast fungus on my face even though I had thrush in my mouth and "other" area. Just gave me a few diflucans and it always comes back if your entire body is infected. I know yeast and fungus are not the cause of every skin issue or illness but I tell you it really is a major player in everyone's health. I wish I knew this 20 years ago. PM me if you want links. Good luck and get well.

Similar Threads

  1. About ZZ cream usage
    By simpson in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th October 2011, 02:55 PM
  2. long term metrocream usage
    By lisae in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st July 2009, 02:09 AM
  3. Nizoral Cream Usage
    By johny in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th April 2009, 01:41 PM
  4. Finacea usage question
    By HRH in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th February 2008, 06:57 PM
  5. sunscreen usage?
    By bentherebefore in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th July 2006, 03:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •