Thread: Recieving my First I.P.L {{need advice>>!!

Default Recieving my First I.P.L {{need advice>>!!

Um,,,, It's finally here After two weeks I will have my first I,P.l(and I'm just only 14 year old only)... My derm recommended IPL for my rupolph nose(redness only on the tip I dont blush or flush,,, The redness were left by my past acne before i guess and it's been two years since the redness wont fade),,, Is it okay for me to take an I.P.L? what will be the things that i will expect? after having I.P.L... can I play Football again cause I love football....

YES you will play football!! Just take it easy for a week or two after your treatment, ask your Derm. Expect a wee bit of discomfort depending on what type of IPL your Derm/Doc is using, but just think of how great you'll look after a few treatments. Best of luck and don't worry.
    Last edited by DukeCity; 23rd May 2013 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCity View Post
    YES you will play football!! Just take it easy for a week or two after your treatment, ask your Derm. Expect a wee bit of discomfort depending on what type of IPL your Derm/Doc is using, but just think of how great you'll look after a few treatments. Best of luck and don't worry.
    thanks for the support.... is it okay for me to take this procedure???<<< I'm just only 14 years old?

I think that is a decision that should be made after a discussion between you, the doctor and one or both of your parents. But you should make an informed one. Going through the postings here is a good start. If you do decide to do it I advise low settings to start. Best of luck
    Arlene

Hi

14 is quite a young age to have laser/ ipl. You need to be really happy that the person who is treating you has lots of relevant experience, won't be too aggressive in their treatment and will only treat the area you are worried about.

As Arlene said this is something you need to discuss with your doctor and derm.