Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes i feel like tattooing my face :(

Quote Originally Posted by burnforyou View Post

Maybe there is a market for a few new dating websites: www.datearosacean.com, or www.blemishmatchmaker.com, www.roseycheeks4me.com, www.redfacebook.com, www.myredface.com, www.Iflush4u.com, www.burning4u.com, www.flirtifurfacehurts.com

Anyway, we need to sometimes

Burnsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I wish I could permanently tattoo my face with make up. Rosacea to me is an everyday battle.
    Although I get relief by following a low salicylate diet at times it can be hard to stick to due to the limited food variety/ different social environments. I am not really ugly nor am I really attractive but when suffering from a flare I feel like the ugliest person in the world, I just want to sleep my existence away.
    I am so envious of those who do not suffer from this debilitating condition, I feel as though rosacea gives me an ugly soul this of which I am ashamed of.
    Guys sometimes show an interest inme but I tend to avoid getting close to them because I find i cannot divulge my condition to anyone and I would rather not be seen without make up on.

Thanks for reading,
    Jem
    Hey Jem

You know I feel the same. But I don't want you to think that your ugly. Let me ask you if you met a guy who suffered exactly the same condition as you how would you treat them? Let me tell you that an answer is not as far away as you think. Whether that is a full cure or you being able to accept that flushing does not make you ugly. I am envious of my friends that can go from having a red wine out in the cold then going into a warm climate to watch a movie or to eat. But as of recent I have been telling my friends what I go through and its amazing how receptive they are. It doesn't make you less of a person. If anything it makes you a more compassionate person. You have a full support group here that completely understand how you are feeling. You make sure you come and talk to everyone here everytime you feel its to much. Together we can get through it

Paul H

Sorry to hijack your post needsumsun, I'll post that on another post so we don't get sidetracked. Sorry!

I wish I could permanently tattoo my face with make up. Rosacea to me is an everyday battle.
    Although I get relief by following a low salicylate diet at times it can be hard to stick to due to the limited food variety/ different social environments. I am not really ugly nor am I really attractive but when suffering from a flare I feel like the ugliest person in the world, I just want to sleep my existence away.
    I am so envious of those who do not suffer from this debilitating condition, I feel as though rosacea gives me an ugly soul this of which I am ashamed of.
    Guys sometimes show an interest inme but I tend to avoid getting close to them because I find i cannot divulge my condition to anyone and I would rather not be seen without make up on.

Thanks for reading,
    Jem
    I feel exactly the same way as you do Jem, I hate how it makes me like this is my life new life and it sucks . It feels right now like my life will be ruled by Rosacea and don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't know how to come to a point of acceptance that this is the new life for me. I can only hope that one day we can all find some relief from this condition.

Yeah it sucks fed up. When I'm abiding by a low salicylate diet I wouldn't be overly concerned being seen make up free but bam, chuck some salicylates in and I turn into an 'ugly step sister' (it's like a prince turning into a toad not that I'm anything much flush free but you know the contrast just based upon skin colour is horrendous for me to cope with). I would love to have kids one day, that is probably more important to me than meeting a life partner. My only hope is hat I don't transfer the disease ontomy offspring. Perhapsifmy children were to have an African, Polynesian or malanesian father this could be avoided?! Ah rosacea is stink!
    Would hate to pass this on to someone else...but who knows, by the time our children grow up they may have found some kind of cure. The stories some women on here have of huge flare-ups during pregnancy are pretty terrifying though...

Quote Originally Posted by burnforyou View Post
    Hi Jem and Fed Up,

Well, as a male, I too am feeling your pain. I am in the exact same position. Ever since getting rosacea, I have given up dating. It has been the least of my worries.

I just haven't been able to come to grips with having a skin condition and worrying about it all the time. I used to have absolutely perfect skin. So much so that people would comment on it. I used to have so much confidence in my looks. Now since i have a blemish, i feel ugly. I can't help but feel that way. I know my condition (sub 1) is not that bad, but seeing a change is something i haven't been able to come to grips with. I am sick of the constant worrying of how my skin will react and how it looks.

This disease hurts so much more psychologically than it does physically as the previous poster stated.

Maybe there is a market for a few new dating websites: www.datearosacean.com, or www.blemishmatchmaker.com, www.roseycheeks4me.com, www.redfacebook.com, www.myredface.com, www.Iflush4u.com, www.burning4u.com, www.flirtifurfacehurts.com

Anyway, we need to sometimes

Burnsy!

Yeah, mine isn't even that bad either but the change is just so hard to cope with. No one with 'normal skin' can understand the psychological damage this condition does to you.
    As for dating, I would probably make a terrible girlfriend right now anyway because I'm so stressed over my skin all the time. So I guess it's a question of taking time out to try and feel better, somehow...

Kind of wish those sites were real! Gotta be a market for them surely.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Hey Jem

You know I feel the same. But I don't want you to think that your ugly. Let me ask you if you met a guy who suffered exactly the same condition as you how would you treat them? Let me tell you that an answer is not as far away as you think. Whether that is a full cure or you being able to accept that flushing does not make you ugly. I am envious of my friends that can go from having a red wine out in the cold then going into a warm climate to watch a movie or to eat. But as of recent I have been telling my friends what I go through and its amazing how receptive they are. It doesn't make you less of a person. If anything it makes you a more compassionate person. You have a full support group here that completely understand how you are feeling. You make sure you come and talk to everyone here everytime you feel its to much. Together we can get through it

Paul H
    Sounds like you have great friends, and yes, thank god for this forum.

Default Beautiful suffering

I am new to this forum, only a few posts, but already I can say thank you and thank God for this
    Forum. Despite what I said in earlier posts about wearing scarves and hats and pretty lipstick,
    I have days where I hide. Days that I cry. Sometimes I dread holidays. I can't even find
    Solace in a strong drink or a piece of chocolate. Tattooing some skin on my face seems not just
    Far fetched or funny but utterly brilliant. And impossible..... For now..... We all get to a place of
    Strength through suffering. Some people's suffering shows on their face. Live long enough and
    The suffering you bear becomes bearable and wearable in this journey of life: but you must get
    Involved in the journey. You must throw yourself body face and soul into life. You must allow
    Your suffering to cause you hurt and joy and love. Hiding and not taking risks will only divert
    The joy, love and blessings that truly are " out there" for you. Acceptance is the peace, the
    Grace, that follows.

Hi Birdie and welcome to the RF!

I'm sorry you are dealing with this but I am glad you found us. This (like all of life) is a journey and you will find solace and acceptance and peace but it might take some time.

Anybody who judges you on appearance (ie flushing/paps etc) is not a person worth getting to know or a person who deserves being a part of your life. Rosacea doesn't define who we are so you must always know that in your heart and mind and be strong. You are a person who has rosacea but is not defined by it. You are defined by how you treat others, who you are as a person, how you are living your life and all that jazz. Not by your rosacea.

So hugs to you and all who are struggling with this every day. Be strong and don't let rosacea rule your life. It only can if you let it and I am betting you won't!

Thanks everyone for your kind replies, it is nice to know that I'm not alone in dealing with this though it doesn't make it any easier really!!
    Paul I have given up hope on finding a cure. I guess I shouldn't whinge seeing as though I am able to control my condition through diet but nonetheless it is still frustrating having to restrict my pursuits because it is so disabling- I would love to travel no numerous exotic destinations but I know I wouldn't be able to find food to coincide with my requirements so I'd be walking around with a face that's constantly on fire which totally would detract my attention and enjoyment

I did quite well in school and I have a university education. I probably should have pursued this further given my good grades but I could never lecture in my discipline.

Sorry for the lack of optimism.

Jem

Hey Jem

I look at it this way, the human body is an amazing contraption. When you look at all the processes that it undertakes every minute of every hour of every day. Its truley amazing. So why does all of a sudden it cause your blood vessels in your face to open and allow warm blood to the surface of your face. Why can the majority of people eat spicy food, sit in the sun, drink red wine, exercise heavily and never complain of a red burning face. Now this is completely my opinion and I have no evidence to back it up but I don't think the skin disorder is the cause of the problem. My theory is that there is a problem with temperature regulation through that area. If you look at a majority of the triggers they include some form of heat. Again, just my opinion and I don't want to take away from the original post. Actually I was thinking that skin coloured tattoos could be a great business venture Or maybe some sort of artificial skin that looks like your everday facial skin.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by needsumsun View Post
    JB, I think it is fair to say that a decent percentage of people on this forum are heavily psychologically impacted by this disease. Without putting a curse on myself, there are a lot of worse problems i would rather than this disease.

And i think a lot of people would be content with having the symptoms but not the visual appearance.

And i don't think it is such a disturbing thought when females basically cover their faces every day with make up, which in some strange cultural way is a form of a tattoo.

I am sure, if females were in the same position as us males (not being able to apply make up), it would affect them even more than what it does now. Also, just as the thought of a tattoo shocks you, the thought of make up has the same shock value for me. Just like society doesn't accept tattoos on the face, the same society doesn't appreciate men wearing make up. To be honest, i would rather have a tattoo before i wear make up.

Gizzy, I am happy i am not the only one that has those thoughts. And i really don't think it is as crazy as people make out.

Melissa, I don't think cancers would be a problem. Not sure about where you come from but in Australia the doctors have a special laser/infra red sort of machine that they wave over your skin to find abnormalities.

Anyway, i am happy that i am not alone in thinking of this.
    It isn't crazy at all and it isn't fair that people say that you have psychological issues by thinking this. Luckily I can cover mine with makeup now but there was a time when the rosacea was so bad and sore I couldn't stand to apply anything to my face. I didn't feel confident at all and as you say even women/ men without rosacea still try to cover their flaws.

I have had rosacea since I was 14 years old (I'm 21 now) and being a teenage girl with this is living hell because teenage girls are not the most understanding people in the world, therefore my school years were ruined by this and I didn't enjoy the most important years of my life like I should have. I have missed out on so much because of this and in the end, yes it does drive you to thinking thoughts of 'tattooing your face, lasering your face, putting expensive creams on your face even though you have no money because you desperately strive for the skin you once had and you get to the point where you will try anything to improve it. I'm not saying I would tattoo my face now but when I'm having a really bad day with my rosacea I just cry and feel really bad about myself. Covering it with makeup helps me forget about it for awhile. I know subconsciously it's still there underneath but it instills a feeling of calm because I cannot see it.

So don't worry about thinking these things, it's not crazy of far fetched it's just the rosacea has knocked your confidence. You're not alone.