Thread: A Question for any of you kind folks who have used Mama Natures Proskin Rosacea.

Default A Question for any of you kind folks who have used Mama Natures Proskin Rosacea.

Hello, Iíve recently been diagnosed with Acne Rosacea after long term topical steroid use Itís bad at the moment and Iím off work with it. Itís been oozing a clear yellowish discharge in a few places.

After reading a lot of good reviews Iíve given Mama Natures Proskin Rosacea a go. I pit some on last night and almost immediately I was oozing a much larger degree of fluid out of multiple places on my rash. Far more than Iíd ever had before. The tub does say that symptoms will often get worse at first (for 2-7 days) but itís such an extreme worsening I wanted to ask for some advice.

Has anyone used it on acne rosacea and had good results? And if so does the worsening sound temporary or should I cuck it out and try something use?

Iíve also email the company but would like and possible insight for people whoíve used it.

Many thanks.

There is nothing odd or exceptionally interesting in the ingredient declaration:

Aqua, Almond Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Calendula Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Oil), Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Extract, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Oil), Natural Vitamin E Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Organic Lavender Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil, East Cape Manuka Oil, Organic Chamomile Oil
    I doubt that the product is directly causing the reaction you are experiencing unless you are hypersensitive to it. Leave it off for a few days and see how it goes.

"Aqua, Almond Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Calendula Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Oil), Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Extract, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Oil), Natural Vitamin E Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Organic Lavender Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil, East Cape Manuka Oil, Organic Chamomile Oil"

My goodness, there do appear to be an awful lot of different oils in the mix. My skin would go bonkers with all that.

Hi,

I was using Proskin Rosacea for a several months continually, I found at the time it was the only thing that I could tolerate on my face, I have mainly flushing with just the occasional spot (so far) and it was really good for calming the redness down, but I found it very oily and I kept getting tiny whiteheads, they would go quickly but it was annoying. So I think it is probably quite pore-clogging. Shame, because other than that I quite liked it because it didn't sting or irritate me, at a time when every other cream I tried (and I tried many) were burning the heck out of me.

I used the whole jar with no adverse results other than the annoying whiteheads, but I have found an alternative now that suits me, with far less oils!

I do hope the Mama Nature people can advise you, and hopefully it is what they describe on their website, that it is just a case of getting worse before it gets better. Best of luck to you.

Hi

I've also got some sort of steroid rosacea (or underlying rosacea initiated by oral and topical steroids...). When LOADS of P&Ps started appearing on my forehead back in January, my skin was way too sensitive to use any prescription topicals so I tried the Proskin Rosacea (night time only). Whilst adding more oil to my already oil skin it did seem to get rid of the P&Ps on my forehead but the rest of my face is too sensitive for it.

As the skin barrier is compromised and consequently very sensitive, I've just been using really gentle skin care (Roche Posay Dermo cleanser and Toleriane Fluid) - calamine lotion has been really great at calming things down (overnight, as it is very chalky in appearance). I think less is more when it comes to managing steroid rosacea, just be really gentle.

Perhaps leave off the Proskin for now until your skin is a bit less sensitive......

Good luck, hang on in there, I'm sure you probably looked already but there's loads of really good info on this site re steroid rosacea.....has been a life saver...