Thread: Has anyone had problems with intense drive you nuts itchy scalp and hair coming out?

Default Has anyone had problems with intense drive you nuts itchy scalp and hair coming out?

I had been to 3 different doctors and nobody seemed to have the right solution until I went to an allergist and she had me use "Clear & Free" shampoo and conditioner. It has none of the stuff that keeps your head itching and Walgreens has it for around $8.50 and it truly did work. She said I should NEVER use the stuff like head and shoulders, etc. and has me on antihistamines. I also found another product line while at Walgreens for moisturizers, eye cream, etc called "Simple" that is finally working for me . My eye doctor is the first person to diagnose Rosacea (many years ago) because she saw it in my eyes. When I went back a few weeks ago for my yearly check up she said this itchy scalp with hair falling out could be my Rosacea but she wasn't sure. I was nearly nuts I was itching so badly but now that is much better and my hair stopped coming out about a month after I started using the Clear & Free. I still have a few little bumpies (red) on my forehead but basically I think I have it under control.

Have any of you had these symptoms?
    Thanks for any help offered!
    Anita

Default Scalp Problems Too

I was having similar problems. For the past few months I was loosing a lot of hair. In fact, it eventually caused my shower drain to get plugged. My scale became itchy, got some bumps, and it even hurt to part my hair. When I took a shower, the hot water made my scalp feel like it was burning. Just recently I got diagnosed with rosacea. I believe that it goes beyond the face and can occur in the scalp. I have begun using Jason tree tea oil shampoo for the past two weeks which I have found to be helpful. I choose this line of treatment because I believe that Demodex mites may be at the root of the problem.