Thread: Alternatives to conventional carbohydrates that make you feel full

Default Alternatives to conventional carbohydrates that make you feel full

I wondered for those following very low carbohydrate diets, what foods do you eat to keep you full. I know some like quinoa. Any other suggestions? Any snacks you can buy in shops which don't cause flushing. What are your staple alternatives to potatoes, bread, pasta and rice? Surely there must be some things which can be equally as filling but not contribute to flushing...

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I wondered for those following very low carbohydrate diets, what foods do you eat to keep you full. I know some like quinoa. Any other suggestions? Any snacks you can buy in shops which don't cause flushing. What are your staple alternatives to potatoes, bread, pasta and rice? Surely there must be some things which can be equally as filling but not contribute to flushing...
    I like to have cut up veggies like celery, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and I spread ricotta cheese or cottage cheese on them. I find this tastes good and takes away my hunger. Once you get off the carbs for a few weeks you will no longer feel those spikes and crashes of energy during the day. When I was a big carb eater I was up and down all day requiring me to eat or drink something with sugar every few hours. Now my energy level remains pretty stable all day.

I like squash. It fits the bill of a carbohydrate that doesn't ferment in the gut, and is tolerated by most. It's recommend in the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and the GAPS diet. Also, keeping enough fat in the diet, helps kept hunger at bay. I use ghee, butter, coconut oil and animal fats.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

This user has been banned from this forum

Once you get off the carbohydrates for a couple of several weeks you will no more experience those rises and accidents of power during the day, when i was a big carbs eater i was up and down all day demanding me to eat or consume something with glucose every few time.....