Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: IOWADAVID and others PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

  1. #11
    Senior Member IowaDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Iowa, U.S.
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummond View Post
    .
    My opinion is basically that this person has stopped sweating in the affected areas and is actually due to a disturbance in the sympathetic nervous system. It is no coincidence that when there is a disturbance in the sympathetic nervous system that equal sides of the body are both affected. Both arms, both eyebrows, both legs or arms, face, or whichever limb.

    The biggest problem in all cases and why a solution cannot be found is; it absolutely nothing to do with the skin!!!! The skin is simply the end result of the invisible cause from inside. Basically there is no cure for the end effect because the cause is actually hidden. The only reason why there has been no cure is because rosacea is a misnomer and for this reason rosacea has fooled people for centuries.

    It really comes down to the fact that there is a disturbance in the normal nerve signalling to the sebaceous glands and is and only and ever can be "self- treatable".

    What I am saying you can try everything under the sun but in the final analysis only you have the ability inside yourself to reactivate your sympathetic nerves.

    When the diagnosis is wrong it must follow therefore the treatment must be wrong!!!
    I agree with some of your points, though not necessarily all of the details. This may be a sympathetic nervous system disruption of some kind. Could be a sweating problem, yes. But I don't know enough about sweating irregularity to say. I don't know that all cases of rosacea or what's called rosacea are dependent on the sympathetic nervous system as the sole cause of symptoms. It's a bit more complicated, in my experience.

    And just to be clear, I never wrote: "Rosacea is a condition caused by a malfunction in the nervous system producing varying types of skin lesions. " That was added to my post which was quoted. I don't completely disagree with this statement, but I don't think it is an entirely accurate or inclusive one.

    Best,

    David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

  2. #12
    Moderator man_from_mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    4th rock from the Sun
    Posts
    1,370
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post

    And just to be clear, I never wrote: "Rosacea is a condition caused by a malfunction in the nervous system producing varying types of skin lesions. " That was added to my post which was quoted. I don't completely disagree with this statement, but I don't think it is an entirely accurate or inclusive one.

    Best,

    David
    Almost thought Drums had finally warn you down after years of presenting his theory

  3. #13
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annelou View Post
    I can't post my whole reponse. I got a "forbidden" reaction. So I have to cut my response in several posts.
    Very strange!
    Annelou,
    Not sure what was going on before but you now have full PM and posting permissions.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    260

    Default Its ok David

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post
    I agree with some of your points, though not necessarily all of the details. This may be a sympathetic nervous system disruption of some kind. Could be a sweating problem, yes. But I don't know enough about sweating irregularity to say. I don't know that all cases of rosacea or what's called rosacea are dependent on the sympathetic nervous system as the sole cause of symptoms. It's a bit more complicated, in my experience.

    And just to be clear, I never wrote: "Rosacea is a condition caused by a malfunction in the nervous system producing varying types of skin lesions. " That was added to my post which was quoted. I don't completely disagree with this statement, but I don't think it is an entirely accurate or inclusive one.

    Best,

    David
    "Rosacea is a condition caused by a malfunction in the nervous system producing varying types of skin lesions. "

    I actually wrote that myself in a previous different thread not related in any way to this thread, so checking back I am unsure how it managed to end up here?
    cure

  5. #15
    Senior Member IowaDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Iowa, U.S.
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummond View Post
    .
    My opinion is basically that this person has stopped sweating in the affected areas and is actually due to a disturbance in the sympathetic nervous system. It is no coincidence that when there is a disturbance in the sympathetic nervous system that equal sides of the body are both affected. Both arms, both eyebrows, both legs or arms, face, or whichever limb.

    The biggest problem in all cases and why a solution cannot be found is; it absolutely nothing to do with the skin!!!! The skin is simply the end result of the invisible cause from inside. Basically there is no cure for the end effect because the cause is actually hidden. The only reason why there has been no cure is because rosacea is a misnomer and for this reason rosacea has fooled people for centuries.

    It really comes down to the fact that there is a disturbance in the normal nerve signalling to the sebaceous glands and is and only and ever can be "self- treatable".

    What I am saying you can try everything under the sun but in the final analysis only you have the ability inside yourself to reactivate your sympathetic nerves.

    When the diagnosis is wrong it must follow therefore the treatment must be wrong!!!

    No problem--I just wanted to be clear without confusing anybody.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15
    Country: Netherlands

    Default Hormone realated?

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post
    No problem--I just wanted to be clear without confusing anybody.
    Thanks all for helping me! It is sooo appreciated.

    I stopped BCP, Diane 35 (acne) for almost 2 months because I had my other hormones checked and estrogenes could reactt with some tests. A month later I got these burning/flushing issues. First, once a week but than after a month I have them every day and every night.

    Could it be the dropping of estrogenes causing the heat in my face, neck, shoulders,scalp? My face does not sweat like with the hot flashes from menopause I read. Also,my face does not feel as greasy as the month after stopping Diane 35. It almost turned from a greasy T-zone during the last year with Diane-35 to the tight dry face the last 6 weeks.. It went so quick!! Till the end of February (cold winter, freezing) I did not need a moisturizer because of the oily T-zone. Now I use Cold Cream from Avene and some other moisturizers for very dry skin in spring!

    I still have a hot burning face and hot ears,neck, shoulders and upper back. Yesterday I was fine but this night and today I feel the hot burning in those areas very frequentlyand they become a little red. But no excessive sweating..

    Any thoughts?

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post
    No problem--I just wanted to be clear without confusing anybody.
    What do you mean with "self-treatable"?

    Thanks!

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annelou View Post
    What do you mean with "self-treatable"?

    Thanks!
    Oooops, this question is for Drummond since he mentioned it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,667
    Country: UK

    Default

    Hello Annelou,

    I have read your posts and some of what you say sounds very similar to my symptoms.

    My rosacea developed after alot of hormonal changes: mini pill, hyperthyroidism, pregnancy.

    I get redness on the face, upper arms. upper back and scalp (many people do not think that rosacea shows on these areas. it is rare, but YES it does).

    I get the burning pain (even without the flushing sometimes) and my face can feel like someone has thrown acid onto it and yet feel ice-cold).

    Since I have started menopause (not through the other side yet) things have been MUCH better...................


    I would say that my rosacea is VERY VERY hormonally driven.

    I am so sorry that you have to endure this.........btw I had beautiful pale skin also.

    Judy
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

Similar Threads

  1. THANKS IowaDavid!!
    By jennfran in forum Ocular Rosacea
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd June 2007, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •