Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Seborrheic Dermatitis & Folliculitis -- Review of OTC Treatments for Malassezia

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    If I were in Sweden I would buy them both and see how they work.

If you see a doctor after about 2 weeks of treatment, it would be more interesting, because you could confirm (or refute) the effectiveness of using an antifungal, which would be useful.
    Hello Tom,

I now found out the product that I got it says that there are the following ingredients in it:
    Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Shale Oil Sulfonate, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Menthol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Iodoprophynyl Butylcarbomate, 2-sec-butylcyclohexan-1-one.

It is a very small text but that was what I read.

So there is no Climbazole nor any pirocotone olamine in it it seems like. Do you still think it is good against seborrhea? The company claims it is.

Thanks

My opinion and experience are that active ingredients are necessary. Also, menthol isn't practical because it makes your eyes red.

My opinion and experience are that active ingredients are necessary. Also, menthol isn't practical because it makes your eyes red.
    Thank you.

Continue using Hegor 150. In my case, I had a lot more red bumps on my scalp during my treatment with climbazole, which took 10 months. I had so many red bumps on my scalp during treatment that the lady who cuts my hair commented on it. I can't stress strongly enough how much time is involved in treating an allergy to malassezia. Be patient.

Also, bumps on the scalp are only visible on close inspection, assuming you aren't bald, so don't worry about how they might appear to another person -- others really don't notice as much as you do about yourself.
    This is very helpful feedback, thank you. To be honest, I had almost given up on Hegor. Like awgolfer, I saw a month or two of improvement - but then it came back.
    It took a couple weeks for the "scales" on my scalp to disappear entirely. It seemed like I was through the woods, when one day I found that "snowflakes" had shown up with a force (when I run my fingers through my hair, the table underneath will be covered in a layer of very small flakes). I've continued using Hegor 150 for about 4 months after that date, without much change.

Are you saying that I should just keep with it? I also have some Ketoconazole that I've considered rotating in.

Tom, i finally found the product I was looking for.

I am right now using a product with the following ingredients:
    Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Polyquaterenium-28, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Salicylic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, propylene Glycol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Menthol.

The product is called Sim Sensitive Climbazole Scalp Tonic and it's a leave-on scalp treatment.

Some of these ingredients I know are good active ingredients when treating seborrheic dermatitis, but do you know about the rest? I know since earlier that you said that Menthol is not good but overall?

Cheers

Default Hi everybody!

I must say I read this thread and could say you are writing my story. Let me tell you about my experience. At first I didn't think my initial skinproblems had anything to do with what I have to deal with today. Now it's obvious. It started about six years ago with white and brown spots on my cheeks. I also got white spots on my right thigh. I didn't think much about it since I related it to a sun tan. This would also go away after some time, but it came back. It was about the same period I got my first pimple on my nose, which would never go away. This was not really a pimple though, more like a hard white bump.

The years past by and I eventually got the same kind of "pimples" on my chin. Hard clusters that would never go away. Now I also got these on my right leg and my right arm. They spread in clusters and soon in white stripes all over my body. I went to a doctor who prescribed my antibiotics, and these helped at first. But after a month I got an appointment with a dermatologist who said it was acne, which I didn't believe, and she put me on a longterm of acne antibiotics. Because of the medicin I couldn't be out in the sunlight for two summers and my problems didn't approve - they got worse. I went to another dermatologist who prescribed clindamycin for two months and now my bumps on my arm spread to my right hand and also to my right shoulder and to my back. The doctor put me on Isotretinoin for nine months. The problems eased a bit but didn't go away. He also gave me clindamycin in pulse treatments during this period.

A year ago I got hospitalized and they took a biopsy for the first time. It showed Malazessia furfur. The doctor said that if this was the reason behind my problem it will be very difficult to get rid off since it got untreated for so long and therefore now has a biofilm protecting it. I started washing myself with ketakonazol and I started scaling massively right away. I also got a lot of black dots, white and black threads cleansing out, soon to appear as white scales. I was shocked. Underneath my lesions large white areas started to appear. I started reading about it and realized I was suffering from a combined Pityriasis versicolor/pityrosporum/folliculitis due to malazessia furfur. I also read that longterm treatment with antibiotics can worsening this problem, which I probably had a mild form of already when I got the white sunspots on my cheeks years ago. Since I also, due to a lack of sun while medicating, got a d-vitamine deficiency, which further diminished my immune system and just worsening my skin disorder even more.

My doctor prescripted Itraconazole for one week but refused to prolong the medication, even though I felt tremendous relief. He said it was impossible for a healthy person having a problem with malazessia overgrowth, saying only diabetes-, cancer-, or HIV-patients suffer from it. And since I live in Sweden he said the climate makes it hardly likely this is the reason to my skinproblems.

I went to Spain for a vacation and there I went to the pharmacy asking about itraconazole. There in the humid climate he said it was a common skinproblem and said I should be undergoing a long treatment since it was so widespread. There you can buy it OTC and I bought several packages and have now been taking the medicin for nearly 5 months, 200 mg a day. I also wash myself with ketaconazol and uses coconut oil which helps loosening the white and brown scales.

It's been a massive scaling for months and it really got so much worse before it slowly started to improve. I had big bumps in white cables which are slowly disappearing. Also green, white and black dots cleansing out, wondering if it also could be asperigillus. Or perhaps the malazessia yeast is green/blue.

My chest and stomach are getting much better and my throat has no longer this carpet of white hard blisters. My legs are now almost only white dots allover where I before had bumps. I believe this not to be scars, but Pityriasis versicolor, and we'll see if they will go away in time. My forehead had a greenish-yellowish thick, big film all over which has loosened. Hopefully the itraconazole will help me get rid of this awful condition. It is really a massive struggle. Thank you for a wonderful thread and I hope I shined some further light on the skin issue.