Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apprilon

I've got two months course. I will stick with the schedule.
    Though I'm thinking of increasing dose to 80 mg a day, taking another capsule around lunch time.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why I haven't experienced any itchiness since I've started the antibiotic? I mean, I get little twangs of itchiness here and there, but that's normal. My scalp is no longer uber itchy though. I don't feel those mites travelling across my head like I used to. Could the Apprilon be killing them?

Thoughts....

Default Update

It's been 9 days since I started Apprilon. So far, I've seen improvement. My p&p's have definitely minimized. In fact, they're almost all gone. There has been a reduction in redness, although not that much. I have found though that my face doesn't burn or itch as it did and it doesn't flush as easily anymore.

The down side: I have noticed some joint discomfort in my right hip and knee. It can be rather painful at times, especially when lying down at night. Sometimes I can't stand to lie on either side and have to lay on my back. It feels like sciatica. Also, I've had a sore tummy here and there, but that's to be expected...especially when I don't eat breakfast (duh!). And my eyes are still very itchy...my right one swells and weeps still as well (would really like to get that under control!)

Overall a big improvement from where I was 9 days ago. We'll see what another 9 days will do!! I'm very pleased so far.

Quote Originally Posted by buratino29 View Post
    I've got two months course. I will stick with the schedule.
    Though I'm thinking of increasing dose to 80 mg a day, taking another capsule around lunch time.
    Buratino, how are you doing?

I知 into third week, Pery. I have to say , efracea fails. I知 subtype 1 rosacean, with no P&P. My issue is general diffused redness and flushing. I don稚 know, if you aware that doxycycline is believed to interfere with cathelicidines and therefore has anti-inflammatory properties. But my guess, it is not strong enough. So far, it has not done anything to prevent flushing.
    I値l continue for a while with medication, but propranolol is already on my radar. Soon I値l be ordering generic version without prescription and saving 250 sterling which would otherwise pocket Dr. Chu.
    I知 glad you have some positives from your regimen.

This user has been banned from this forum

Yup, just keep taking this stuff guys and keep telling yourselves it works! Even though it doesn't work, but what a heck, your DERM prescribed it so it Has to have some effect on your skin! Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by buratino29 View Post
    I知 into third week, Pery. I have to say , efracea fails. I知 subtype 1 rosacean, with no P&P. My issue is general diffused redness and flushing. I don稚 know, if you aware that doxycycline is believed to interfere with cathelicidines and therefore has anti-inflammatory properties. But my guess, it is not strong enough. So far, it has not done anything to prevent flushing.
    I値l continue for a while with medication, but propranolol is already on my radar. Soon I値l be ordering generic version without prescription and saving 250 sterling which would otherwise pocket Dr. Chu.
    I知 glad you have some positives from your regimen.
    I'm sorry to hear this, Buratino Sounds like you have a back up plan though. I hope that works out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by dosia View Post
    Yup, just keep taking this stuff guys and keep telling yourselves it works! Even though it doesn't work, but what a heck, your DERM prescribed it so it Has to have some effect on your skin! Right?!
    Dosia, I've been trying to curtail my rosacea for over a year and a half now, on my own through diet and over the counter or home remedies. It's not like I ran to the Derm as soon as I had an issue and happily took an antibiotic to make this magically go away. I'm not "telling myself" this stuff works. I've SEEN results. It IS having an effect on my skin, thank you very much.

I don't appreciate your comment at all. In fact I find it quite upsetting because it undermines what we are going through. We're not pleased that we're on antibiotics!!! That was a very last resort for me. And I'm scared for what the future holds. It's enough that I'm down about this...I don't need to be belittled at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peri View Post
    Dosia, I've been trying to curtail my rosacea for over a year and a half now, on my own through diet and over the counter or home remedies. It's not like I ran to the Derm as soon as I had an issue and happily took an antibiotic to make this magically go away. I'm not "telling myself" this stuff works. I've SEEN results. It IS having an effect on my skin, thank you very much.

I don't appreciate your comment at all. In fact I find it quite upsetting because it undermines what we are going through. We're not pleased that we're on antibiotics!!! That was a very last resort for me. And I'm scared for what the future holds. It's enough that I'm down about this...I don't need to be belittled at the same time.
    Agreed

Default How are you guys doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Peri View Post
    It's been 9 days since I started Apprilon. So far, I've seen improvement. My p&p's have definitely minimized. In fact, they're almost all gone. There has been a reduction in redness, although not that much. I have found though that my face doesn't burn or itch as it did and it doesn't flush as easily anymore.

The down side: I have noticed some joint discomfort in my right hip and knee. It can be rather painful at times, especially when lying down at night. Sometimes I can't stand to lie on either side and have to lay on my back. It feels like sciatica. Also, I've had a sore tummy here and there, but that's to be expected...especially when I don't eat breakfast (duh!). And my eyes are still very itchy...my right one swells and weeps still as well (would really like to get that under control!)

Overall a big improvement from where I was 9 days ago. We'll see what another 9 days will do!! I'm very pleased so far.
    Hi Peri and Burlatino!
    I have been on Apprilon for my back (very sore and deep acne) for a total of 11 days now, and I have noticed less itchiness and discomfort. It still looks very bad and there are still many pimples, but I am wondering if Apprilon worked for you, Perri, now that it has been quite a while? Did you decide to use this for a more long-term duration? I wasn't happy about being put onto Anti-Biotics either, but it is one of my last resorts, also. I am tired of having to hide my back all the time.

Side effects have been vertigo and also sore joints, as well as some stomach discomfort, but nothing crazy. My eyes have also been quite dry, as you mentioned, Peri.

I read through your thread and found it helpful. Now I'm hoping to hear back to see how it worked!

Thank you very much! I hope you're both doing well.