Thread: New Here - Do I Have Rosacea?

Default New Here - Do I Have Rosacea?

Hi all - I'm a 24 year old female, smoker... have fair skin with freckles, and my skin is more on the dry side, I believe. I never really had a problem with acne, which I'm thankful for, but I do have this redness on my cheeks that have been there for a long time now. I thought I had rosacea based on how it looks, and since I already deal with keratosis pilaris (the chicken scratch type bumps on arms).

I already have broken capillaries and little red dots scatted on my arms & face that are annoying as hell. I have a red dot in the middle of my forehead as well that I'm completely self conscious about, and concealer doesn't do anything.

Does this look like rosacea? I'd like to know, and if it is, get started with making it better.

Thanks!

Roscea.jpgRoscea2.jpg

This is the dot on my forehead, BTW. It just appeared one day - no pimple there or anything. I hate it!

dot.jpg

Dana,

Welcome to the board .. To be honest, from the lighting of the picture i don't really see any redness at all.. maybe just a slight hint. Therefore, it doesn't really look like rosacea to me and if it is, just the mildest form of it.. Now I'm not an expert so i can't say for sure, but is the redness more noticeable in natural light? That little mark on your forehead i think could be taken care with v-beam if you wanted to go that route. From an outside perspective i would never notice it, but I know how it is when its your own skin..

Matt
    Last edited by Matt_Seattle; 14th August 2013 at 03:32 PM.

Default Hello

Hello There, As matt says the redness is not noticeable, it may just be the camera nd lighting, I know how they can lie believe me. but if its only as red as the picture you have nothing to worry about, when you go out you see loads of people with redness on the cheeks so i wouldn't worry to much. as for the dot on the head have you tried a green concealer over it?
    dermablend do a good one
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt93; 14th August 2013 at 04:17 PM.

Actually, the redness does look worst when I use my flashlight app to look at my pores and such - hahaha. But I figured if I can see it w/ that, that my boyfriend would be able to see it when he's close to me or "looking into my eyes" lol. I really don't like makeup, except for concealing blemishes and some mascara, so my goal is to get anally perfect skin so I don't feel the need to wear foundation/powder/etc. and the redness is the last area I want to work on.

& Matt - I have tried this liquidy/creamy physicians formula green concealer (a little goes a LONG way), but it doesn't seem to cover it really. Maybe I could be putting it on wrong but I just put some on the dot, and dab it until it seems to blend well...but the redness shows through.