Thread: where do people see dr chu?

Default where do people see dr chu?

Hi everyone
    To those who see Dr Chu, where do you see him? I saw him recently for the first time and thinking it was at hammersmith hospital, i went there, only to discover that actually my appointment was at West London dermatology in chiswick. Luckily it was just up the road and i was driving so i made it on time.
    Im just wondering though if the price, consultation time etc is any different if you see him at the hospital? i was only with him 5 minutes and kind of got the impression that the clinic was aimed more at at sort of cosmetic issues than folks actually with rosacea. There also didnt seem to be any use of lasers which i gather dr chu uses at times at hammersmith once things are somewhat under control.
    just wondering of tohers experiences...?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy_nic87 View Post
    Hi everyone
    To those who see Dr Chu, where do you see him? I saw him recently for the first time and thinking it was at hammersmith hospital, i went there, only to discover that actually my appointment was at West London dermatology in chiswick. Luckily it was just up the road and i was driving so i made it on time.
    Im just wondering though if the price, consultation time etc is any different if you see him at the hospital? i was only with him 5 minutes and kind of got the impression that the clinic was aimed more at at sort of cosmetic issues than folks actually with rosacea. There also didnt seem to be any use of lasers which i gather dr chu uses at times at hammersmith once things are somewhat under control.
    just wondering of tohers experiences...?
    Thanks!
    Hello Lucy,

I saw him twice at West London dermatology in chiswick, a VERY BUSY and somewhat frantic location!

What did he advise?

Judy
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Hi, I see him in the Sainsbury Wing of Hammersmith Hospital, currently every three months. It's 125 for a follow-up consultation. I believe you could also see him on the NHS. I haven't done so because I don't want to see any of the GPs in my rather dire catchment area. The consultations are scheduled to be 10 minutes long, but they've been shorter or longer depending on whether there was more to discuss. I see it as paying for access to treatments that a GP and most dermatologists probably wouldn't try (and they wouldn't have any other treatments either) rather than paying for his time. Medical options for this condition are pretty limited, but if there is anything out there that might help you, I think he'll probably be happy to help you try it.

Could anybody comment on the potential benefits Dr Chu might offer a subtype 2 sufferer?

In other words, would it be worth the fairly hefty time & expense? I know this is hugely subjective, I'm just trying to gather information as I seem to recall he works mainly with subtype 1 patients?

I will soon be seeing him at west london dermatology centre. Can anybody recommend a nice hotel nearby?Will be booking my flights soon

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Hello Lucy,

I saw him twice at West London dermatology in chiswick, a VERY BUSY and somewhat frantic location!

What did he advise?

Judy

Quote Originally Posted by davem81 View Post
    Could anybody comment on the potential benefits Dr Chu might offer a subtype 2 sufferer?

In other words, would it be worth the fairly hefty time & expense? I know this is hugely subjective, I'm just trying to gather information as I seem to recall he works mainly with subtype 1 patients?
    I don't have this subtype, but I don't imagine it would be worth it unless you've tried all the usual subtype type II treatments and they haven't worked, and you want to try the beta blockers and alpha agonists that he uses.

Default Appointment

Does anybody know all the medical center that Dr Chu attends to? Days and medical centers?

I'm leaving overseas but sometimes my boss flys me in for around 35 hours And I'm out of UK, so I'm in a limited scheduled here...I know he does consulting on Monday at the West London dermatology, what about NHS...?

Thanks

Hi Redfox. I see professor chu privately at Hammersmith hospital. He works Thursday's and some Tuesday's at Hammersmith. I guess the wait on the NHS to get an appointment would be much longer. He's definitely worth a visit and to be honest worth paying to get your condition in control.

Thanks for in info Ginaisred!! I'll definitely pay him a visit,I just gotta work it out since I spend hours in London every time I go

I'll keep you posted