Thread: IPL vs V Beam??

Default IPL vs V Beam??

Hi, I was just wondering which has better results? Or if there are any other better methods now. Ive read both positive and negative results for them both, but much less negative about the V Beam. Does anyone know which one is more likely to have success? I know a lot of it depends on the doctor doing it though.

Also, about how long do the results for each of them last? My redness seems to be rapidly getting worse and I can't control it and am hoping something like this could help. And does anyone know both there price ranges?

Sorry for so many questions, I just find so many different answers online so I just don't know what to believe!

Quote Originally Posted by confusedloner View Post
    Hi, I was just wondering which has better results? Or if there are any other better methods now. Ive read both positive and negative results for them both, but much less negative about the V Beam. Does anyone know which one is more likely to have success? I know a lot of it depends on the doctor doing it though.

Also, about how long do the results for each of them last? My redness seems to be rapidly getting worse and I can't control it and am hoping something like this could help. And does anyone know both there price ranges?

Sorry for so many questions, I just find so many different answers online so I just don't know what to believe!
    Based on my research, I would go with V-Beam if you have diffuse redness + visible broken capillaries (like spider veins that you can see individually). If you just have the "pink rash" without spider veins go for IPL.

For your own safety choose an IPL machine that DOES NOT have RF / Thermage in it. Some of the IPL machines have the RF built in so you cannot completely turn it off. I believe the Lumenis One IPL machine has a version with no RF.

The RF / Thermage component is where most of the IPL horror stories come from and RF doesn't help redness anyway, it's supposed to help skin sagging and such. An IPL with no RF is a safer bet.