Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do not do ipl

Quote Originally Posted by burnforyou View Post
    Nat, your situation sounds so much like mine.

I actually couldn't help myself today. I called the practitioner and unloaded on her. I just had to vent my frustration and let her know. I followed up with an email which she will read tomorrow. I just hate the thought that i am suffering day by day and she continues with her business. And it felt so much like a money grab and not the caring experience it should have been. Anyway, i just want her to feel some sort of remorse or guilt for what she has done to me. I don't know what i expect to happen but i needed to vent my anger.

Not sure what i do know or where i go as far as treatment is concerned. I feel as though i have damaged my face and nothing will fix it. It would be too much of a risk to take on a laser or ipl treatment again.

Burnsy
    I'm curious, what did you tell her and what was her reaction?

Well, i didn't get a reply to my email. I outlined all of the things she did wrong and outlined what was discussed in our telephone conversations and in our consultation.

What made me so angry when speaking to her was that she denied a lot of things. I told her on 3 separate occasions that i did not want IPL for my rosacea. In our consultation, she gave me the spiel about her having 17 years of experience, her ex husband had rosacea and it is very safe. This was the third time she told me this and she couldn't believe i was scared of getting IPL. I told her that if it got any worse I wouldnt be able to live with myself. She also told me that if i had IPL i could stop taking a beta blocka .As i said, i folded to the pressure.

Now, she conveniently doesn't remember any of the conversations we had. She said that i came to her for rosacea, which is a blatant lie. I came to her for another treatment not related to rosacea. I told her that her secretary will remember everything, but the secretary conveniently doesn't work there any more and has moved a long way away. I told her no probs, call her. But, she just brushed over that.

She is lying through her teeth. The thing is, I signed a consent form for a different procedure not for my rosacea. I changed my mind at the last minute while i was getting my other treatment and decided to get IPL on my rosacea (this was after she told me for the 4th time she can't believe i am scared of IPL). Here is the strange thing. She reckons she has a consent form for my rosacea treatment. That is a lie and if she does, she added it after my treatment. She should have only had a consent form for my other treatment. But, she reckons she has a consent form for my rosacea. My guess is after i walked out of her practice with a 2 1/2 degree burn on my face, she would have panicked and forged the rosacea info onto my consent form.

So, i won't get a reply from her. She wants me to come and see her as she wants to treat my scare. I won't be letting her anywhere near me.

There is not much i can do other than to get on with life. However, she will get a nice card every year on the anniversary of my treatment.

That sucks. I understand your hate and disappointment in her. But I think you should still visit her at least once more, demand to see the paperwork (in order to perhaps take legal action if applicable), and maybe there's still something to be done about the scars, if not by her then some other doctor.

Yeah, the scar i received is not horrible, but it is noticeable. Put it this way, if i were a female, I would be devastated. Being a male, i can get away with having a scar. It is just that the scar is elevated which makes it stand out. She wanted me to come to her to get dermabrasion or something like that but there is no way she is going near my face again. I will go to a decent plastic surgeon and see what can be done.

I don't like my chances of legal action because i have no before photos. As i said, i wasn't planning on getting IPL done when i went so i didn't bother.

I forgot, I also had an argument with her over which cheek is my worst cheek. My left cheek was always good, not a problem with it. Now it is my bad cheek after treatment. She tried to argue with me to say my left cheek was my bad cheek. I can't believe a woman is trying to argue with me about which cheek was the worst. I told her, "Do you honestly think i am that stupid I don't know or feel which cheek is my worst".

Although i found her quite pushy with wanting me to do IPL, she actually came across as a nice lady. However, since the treatment, she has started to really distance herself from everything. She has become very vague and conveniently either doesn't remember things a flatly denies them. Knowing that she doctored my consent form makes me furious.

But, apart from suing her, which i won't be able to do. What more can i do. I've gone from having a slight case of rosacea which was barely noticeable to anyone to a case of moderate (nearly) rosacea with a bit of permanent damage + a burn scare.

I also doubt her 17 years of experience. I've gone through a lot of pain in my life because i have had many operations due to sport. And my IPL treatment was EXTREMELY painful. Considering i have had needles in every part of my body, stitches, broken bones and 6 major operations from sport, i think i am qualified to say if it were painful. I suppose, i did receive a serious burn.

I know it's cold comfort, however, if you are in the u.s. consider writing a very negative review of the doctor on ratemd. They will will lose patients, which hurts them financially. Money is the only thing they care about anyway.So sorry you guys are going through this I've ben there.
    Arlene

No Arb, I am in Australia. Unfortunately we don't have anything like that. I just have to cop it sweet (if that is a universal saying or just an Australian saying) and somehow try to forget about it and get on with life.

This user has been banned from this forum

I got my v-beam done in australia also

what a disaster

sorry to hear about what happened you

My advice to any one thinking of getting laser treatment

is stay away .....its just not worth the hassle

just entered ratemd & australia and it seems that you do have it.

Yes Arb, you are right. I wish i had found that prior to getting my treatment.

Thanks!

Deffo write a scathing review of her practice. At least you'll tarnish her rep and she'll lose some patients and you might save some unlucky ones from suffering the same fate as yourself.