Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best gentle wash for clogged pores

Default What's the best gentle wash for clogged pores

Hi All,

I'm looking for some ideas on what wash to try for clogged pores. I've been using cerave wash for years and it's gentle but I think the creamy nature of it blocks my pores. I'd like to find a genle, rosacea friendly wash that's also good for clogged pores. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

Dr Bronners tea tree castle soap.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009R16O8/..._am_us?ie=UTF8

Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    Thanks Denny, I'll take a look at this soap.

I use raw honey, it is so gentle, doesn't clog the pores or dry the skin. Seems to speed the healing process after an outbreak that causes inflammation. It is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and inexpensive.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaLynn View Post
    I use raw honey, it is so gentle, doesn't clog the pores or dry the skin. Seems to speed the healing process after an outbreak that causes inflammation. It is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and inexpensive.
    AND antifungal!

Quote Originally Posted by DianaLynn View Post
    That's interesting. I tried honey as a mask a couple years ago and found it very drying on my face but I never used it as a wash. How exactly do you use it and how long do you let it sit on the skin?

Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    That's interesting. I tried honey as a mask a couple years ago and found it very drying on my face but I never used it as a wash. How exactly do you use it and how long do you let it sit on the skin?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I dampen my face only slightly, spread a thin coat of raw honey evenly, let sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse with cool, never hot, water. My skin tends to be sensitive- I've had flushing type rosacea.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

This user has been banned from this forum

Avene gentle face wash for irritated skin

you have gotten some excellent suggestions here, but i can add a few of my own. i love the cera ve because it is so gentle and hydrating - it is a total bargain for the ingredients they use. cera ve also makes a foaming cleanser that is just as gentle but would likely lead to less pore clogging. if your skin can tolerate a BHA (salicylic acid 1-2%) that can be an excellent toner, exfolliant and cleans the interior of pores very effectively. it absolutely must be formulated to in the proper pH range to be effective however. Paula's choice has a number of options available. other BHAs to consider that are the proper pH are the Clinique 'Mild Clarifying Lotion' - be careful to get the one that has no number (there are other formulations numbered 1 - 4) but the no numbered one is the best for rosacea. another BHA product i've been interested in is also made by cera ve and seems to have just hit the shelves - it is a lotion "Cera Ve SA, Skin Renewing Lotion'. this would also be a great option for people with KP (chicken skin bumps on upper arms etc.).

BHA is a derivative of aspirin which can be great for rosacea skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties as well as ability to thoroughly clean pores. it is critical that you not use a BHA if you are allergic to aspirin however.

happy healing!

I'm trying Murad's cleanser right now and finding it very effective and completely non-irritating. Actually I lose a lot of the redness from my face while I wash with it. It is expensive, but a small amount goes a long way. Previously I was using Simple's face wash, which is moderately effective and non-irritating.