Thread: Many skin issues....but why?

Default Many skin issues....but why?

So, since I was young, I've had skin issues. I don't remember being diagnosed with psoriasis and keratosis pilaris, but I still have those issues, over the years, they have faded on my legs, but continue to accrue on my arms and elbows. Almost 2 years ago I found out that I had a ringworm on my cheek, so I decided to go to a dermatologist as my wedding was coming up within the year, and I wanted to make sure it was gone, and that I didn't have any other issues. When I was about 24 I developed cystic acne on my chin, so I thought they could help me with that as well. When I went to the dermatologist she said that if I did have a ringworm (as my PA had said) that it was gone, but I did have rosacea, and SD at my hair line. So my father has rosacea, so she said it was probably in my family, so I was going to have it. My father also had dandruff before he went through chemo, but after, his hair was fine. My brother has had issues with flaky skin on his face. We all have fairly oily skin, so he washes his face with head & shoulders and seems to be fine. I use tea tree, ACV, head & shoulders, and sometimes selsun blue on my hair and face. Luckily I don't have to use any creams on my rosacea, it just gives me a natural blush. But the SD seems to be getting a bit worse. I know that can happen during the winter...but also, I moved from the USA (South Texas) to the UK, with my husband. Not long after moving here, I found some dry patches on my face, and my arms. The DR here told me I have eczema, so I do use a steroid cream on that when they flare up. I'm wondering....do all of these skin issues I have, have an underlying illness in common, are they connected in some way? Or is it environmental and genetic? Now I've done a lot of research on my own, and the one that scares me, is the SD...it says HIV can be an underlying illness. Now...I've been safe in my past, and I've been with my husband for 6 years, and he has a test yearly since he's in the Military. But it still frightens me...as I have never had a test. But really...why do I have so many skin issues? I'm 27 now, and I really wish my skin was better!

crappy genetics. im in the same boat as you.