Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this Rosacea? (pics)

Default Is this Rosacea? (pics)

Okay, so im 18 and since i started to get acne about 6 years ago my face has been red. Its been better since i started to clear my acne up, but its still bad. Some days are good, others less so. I have a very healthy lifestyle, i get daily excercise in the form of walking and running, i eat barely anything but raw fruit and vegetables and drink more than enough water and green tea. I do tend to flush sometimes for no reason (reliably in the evening after eating) but dont seem to experience the pain others talk of. My doctor has told me on three seperate occasions that it is just acne and will 'burn itself out', however i am unconvinced - i know plenty of people with acne who don't look like i do. My skin is very sensetive, so my only skincare is wash twice a day with tepid water, and apply dermol lotion to moisturise (perscribed by doctor). So my question is, does this look like rosacea to you? Or is it just acne inflammation/ marks? My forehead is unaffected and any flushing is restricted to the face, not the neck or anything. Thanks in advance for any help

P1000027.jpgP1000035.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 561 View Post
    i eat barely anything but raw fruit and vegetables and drink more than enough water and green tea. Thanks in advance for any help
    That isn't a very well balanced diet.

haha yes sorry maybe that wasn't quite what i meant - what i mean to say is i have a very healthy diet; no junk food or anything like that, although my lunch will usually consist mainly of vegetables.

So you're not eating breads and pastas, or sugary foods at all? How long have you been eating like that? Have you recently had surgery or been on any medication for infections etc?

Welcome!

Im usually good at avoiding sugary foods, and if bread or pasta is inevitable i'll try and go down the brown/wholegrain route if its available. Ive been told by my doctor that diet and acne aren't related in any way, but im fairly sure that they are - for me anyway, so ive been eating like this for about a year. My diet was never bad to begin with, im just a little more careful these days. And no, no surgery or meds

It doesn't really count if your diet is responsible for your acne. A good, balanced diet - sufficient for your needs - is essential for your well being.

Well that's great. Good for you. Ya know what might be happening then is this might be demodex mites. Have you read anything about them here on the forum or any where else? If that is what it is, the good news is it's easy to treat, especially with your diet being so good.

Demodex mites? Can't say i've ever heard of them haha - thanks a lot, ill do some homework on those So do you think thats a more likely cause than rosacea?

Mites may be the cause of rosacea in many cases. There seems to be different kinds of rosacea, but one type is the result of an over infestation of demodex mites. Use the forum search window at the top right corner of this page to find out about them.

Let me add, I should say I have successfully cleared up my skin for the last month or so by treating for mites. My diet was already pretty good too.